Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

For a team that is so tight lipped about injuries and trades there sure are a bunch of “reports” of interest in JT.  I know it’s an attempt to drive the price up.  I’m still guessing we get a 3rd and a pick swap. 

My guess is it’s coming from Taylor’s camp because the offers aren’t where they know it’s going to take for the Colts to agree.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai, you want to trade for Taylor?

Can't trade:

JJ,  Darrisaw, Brian O'Neill, Hunter and Hockenson.

Already discussed few pages earlier... The most I'd go for would be like tj Hockensen trade, but with 2 3rd round picks in different years.

I'd not understand why they didn't just pay Cook in that instance... So I don't think Vikings are interested.. they may have just inquired, just like other curious GMs.. 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

It's going to be legendary tomorrow night.

Taylor will be on the Colts sideline in the 1st half, get traded at halftime and be on the Eagles sidelines in the 2nd half.

At halftime Taylor and Swift will change sides swap jerseys and Swift will give the Colts a symbolic second round pick.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Yes.  I think JT is prepared to do whatever it takes to play the system so as to not play for the Colts.  Even foregoing game checks until October which would tend to force a decision.

If he's cut, he'll get re-employed immediately.   I think JT is betting about $4.3M that Irsay will not string him along the entire season.

Bad bet.  Irsay paid Luck Tens of millions even when he quit, just cause he felt like it.  

Irsay paid tens of millions to ship an Orca cross country.....just cause he felt like it.

Irsay bought a billion dollar memorabilia collection....just cause he felt like it

Irsay turned down a BILLION PLUS for said memorabilia collection....just cause he felt like it 

Guess what Jonathan?  You really think Irsay is gonna worry about blowing 4.3 mil to call your bluffs AFTER you tick him off?

39 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah.. it's a serious topic of debate, especially after Tua injuries. Teams need to have NFL approved examiners or team doctors to make a definite report on concussions and for lack of concussion symptoms too.

I don't think teams or players nowadays would choose concussion to fake an injury, as it involves multiple protocols and league follow-ups.

It's easier to fake a knee or ankle injury, especially if the player has already gone through surgery or a procedure for the same, just like in JT's case even though the scope procedure should've happened very early in the year 

And speaking about JT too...

I think the entire concept of a player faking an injury goes against the norm in the NFL and all of professional sports.  The protocols and the processes and examinations at their root have the baked in assumption that players want to play.

Essentially, that players fake good health in order to get back on the field ASAP, so the processes are designed to be conservative about players' health because the players will put themselves at risk.

Just wondering what it would look like if a player wanted to take advantage of those norms and collect as much money as he could under the terms of the contracts and the Union without actually playing.  

I have no theories or assumptions about how it could work.  A player might not want to go to back the same injury well time and time again I suppose.

• Like 1

Other than Pure Money/contract issue ....Why does Taylor want out so bad?

He's not demanding to go to a contender (not that he can dictate terms of who trades for him)

The "bad blood" doesn't seem to be ANYWHERE near the Five alarm fire level of all the assumed stances of the Agent/JT.  

If he eventually gets his money here, say after playing and playing well for six games healthy and in the new scheme.... Why would he want out Sooooooo badly exactly?

10 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

He's not demanding to go to a contender (not that he can dictate terms of who trades for him)

The "bad blood" doesn't seem to be ANYWHERE near the Five alarm fire level of all the assumed stances of the Agent/JT.  

If he eventually gets his money here, say after playing and playing well for six games healthy and in the new scheme.... Why would he want out Sooooooo badly exactly?

Because he may never get the money if he does play. See Marlon Mack after Achilles tear.

19 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

It’s very weird. I don’t get it either.

36 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s very weird. I don’t get it either.

Simple for me, but I could be wrong. 

His earning power is better elsewhere, where he can maintain his star impact status that he has enjoyed the past few seasons.  The switch to a SS offense with AR as the offensive focus diminishes his impact, his star power, and his earnings ability.

He'll get even more visibility and media hype if he goes to a contender rather than languishing on a rebuilding team in a small market, but he doesn't have to demand to go to a contender because the market is driving that bus for him.  

And I think a deal will get done, because the Colts don't want to nurse a star RB that's in an offense that doesn't need one....at least not for the next two seasons.

I think he'll pass a physical with a new team easily.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Remember when Irsay said he he and Taylor died no one would care. Well Reich basically just said the same thing in a different way.

But see how much better it sounds the way Reid said it? Same message, different reaction.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

And speaking about JT too...

I think the entire concept of a player faking an injury goes against the norm in the NFL and all of professional sports.  The protocols and the processes and examinations at their root have the baked in assumption that players want to play.

Essentially, that players fake good health in order to get back on the field ASAP, so the processes are designed to be conservative about players' health because the players will put themselves at risk.

Just wondering what it would look like if a player wanted to take advantage of those norms and collect as much money as he could under the terms of the contracts and the Union without actually playing.  

I have no theories or assumptions about how it could work.  A player might not want to go to back the same injury well time and time again I suppose.

If I am Irsay I do this. Let's see if they can make a trade and I think they know no one will  call with an offer that comes close to what they want. I don't think the Colts even want a 1st, I think it has gotten a little person just like Wentz and they made that outrageous demand.  He wants out so let's call his bluff and let him get out there. Now the agent may come back and say Buffalo offered a 4th and I believe Taylor would  take less to save face. At this point, I say no and buy him a 12 month Netfix subscription and say enjoy being a free agent next year. See yah!!!

Lots of, Is he injured, is he not injured in these posts. What do you think his agent is telling teams, while he is under the gun to get the compensation he and Taylor want, And a package the Colts would accept?  I really don't think it is being said, "Well, we want $xxx, Colts want YYY, and by the way he is injured".  IMO, not a chance. Taylor is being shopped as 100% and ready to go to get a deal done. With a required physical any team will want, it has to come back clean, or no deal.