Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BREAKING: Rodgers may be lost for Season!

NewColtsFan

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

ESPN reporting Aaron Rodgers may have suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon on the first series of the season.   The Jets reportedly fear the worst. 

More details to come….

I gave you a Sad face but you know why. It sucks for Aaron but thanks for the info. His career may be over. He is without a doubt a top 10 QB of all-time. 4 League MVP's and he did at least win 1 SB. Never will get #2 though. Jets fans have to be deflated. They had a nice win tonight but in the big picture they aren't winning more than 8 or 9 games now, JMO. They have a good roster that might get them 9 if Wilson can play average, he has been terrible most of the time though.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I gave you a Sad face but you know why. It sucks for Aaron but thanks for the info. His career may be over. He is without a doubt a top 10 QB of all-time. 4 League MVP's and he did at least win 1 SB. Never will get #2 though. Jets fans have to be deflated. They had a nice win tonight but in the big picture they aren't winning more than 8 or 9 games now, JMO. They have a good roster that might get them 9 if Wilson can play average, he has been terrible most of the time though.

I understand the emoji….  No worries.   

And while Wilson was terrible his first two years, I’ve read he had a very good off-season camp.  That he looked much much better.   Perhaps not great, but very much improved.   

There may be enough talent on the rest of the roster to maybe squeeze  out a decent season….  Wild card level perhaps.   

Im pulling for Wilson.  I like to pull for under dogs who appear to have a change in approach and have had a slice of humble pie.   Wilson, Smith, Mayfield, Darnold and others….  

I do feel bad for the Jets.  I hope Rodgers comes out soon to announce he’ll be back next year.   That would be a good thing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I think his career is likely over. To have to go through all of that conditioning process again next season… he was already leaning towards hanging it up at one point earlier this year. 

An absolute nightmare situation for NY. 

$35M-ish is calling as reason for him to come back next year.  

As a football fan in general, though, what a drag this injury is.  All the hype and hope, down the tubes after only 4 plays.  Sheesh. :(

I have never been a fan of Rodgers but I was rooting for him and the Jets this year. He looked so happy and his teammates like him a lot. What a difference from his time in GB. The fans were so excited this offseason. I know how deflating it is to lose your QB. And he is a HoF QB.

All the best for a speedy recovery. Hope he will play for the Jets next year. The Jets have such an exciting team. Hopefully Zach Wilson will be able to play okay and not lose them games this year. 

In the meanwhile, Green Bay Packers look like they keep on moving. Jordan Love looked composed for the most part and did well.

Sad for Rodgers. Hope he can come back next year. But no one would blame him if he hung it up. That also shows you how well Brady took care of his body to play as long and effectively as he did. Brady in football and Djokovic in tennis, they are very much similar.

19 minutes ago, chad72 said:

In the meanwhile, Green Bay Packers look like they keep on moving. Jordan Love looked composed for the most part and did well.

Sad for Rodgers. Hope he can come back next year. But no one would blame him if he hung it up. That also shows you how well Brady took care of his body to play as long and effectively as he did. Brady in football and Djokovic in tennis, they are very much similar.

Brady is just different. On a completely next level in his obsession for his health. I just don't know if Rodgers has it in him to keep doing this. 

Just now, King Colt said:

So who do the Jets pick for the QB job? Carson Wentz is available.:thinking:

Wilson and Wentz are very similar in their reckless play and inability to read the defense. They need a game manager who can just take the layups and not turn the ball over. 

The Jets might have a top 3 defense. They just need someone to hand the ball off to Hall and make a good throw here or there. Maybe they'll call Matt Ryan? lol...

The Jets should look at the results of Luck leaving the Colts when they choose a QB. There is no reason to believe Wilson will succeed.

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Wentz only made it 1 season in both Indy & DC before each franchise willingly parted ways with him - he's not their answer, unless it's to back up Wilson.

There are better choices out there for a backup. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

ESPN reporting Aaron Rodgers may have suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon on the first series of the season.   The Jets reportedly fear the worst. 

More details to come….

It’s been confirmed, Achilles torn, he’s out for the year! 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watch it be Matt Ryan and he balls out, played bad for us, then he will look like a Hall of Famer for the Jets Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons

It would further prove that Reich was the issue

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Edit: I now see that @Lancer1posted it.

Lancer, many Jets fans want Rivers. Will he come out of retirement for that?

It is too bad that Cousins's contract is so inflexible that trading him is not feasible. The Vikings need draft capital to get a top QB next year.

Maybe you will get a top 5 pick and can draft one or move up into the top 5 and get one. Vikings might have a bad year this season??

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

What a crazy opening week.

Bengals sucked

Bills sucked

Aaron is probably out for season.

KC lost home opener..

49ers could be team to beat this year.

All bets are off.

Bring on week 2. :td:

Rodgers is out for the season. It was a wild week. Detroit won. GB won without Rodgers. Dallas looks good.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I doubt if Philip would come out of retirement at age 41 to play a whole season - if someone needed him for a playoff run or for 1 game, that being a Superbowl, he'd probably give it a go but not likely for a whole 17 games or more.

• Like 1

When the Jets traded Rodgers to Green Bay, they were giving multiple draft picks, including a 2023 first-rounder, a 2023 second-rounder and a 2023 sixth-rounder. They also got a 2024 conditional second-round pick that can become a first-round pick if Rodgers plays 65% of the snaps this year, but clearly, that's now not going to happen. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Edit: I now see that @Lancer1posted it.

It is too bad that Cousins's contract is so inflexible that trading him is not feasible. The Vikings need draft capital to get a top QB next year.

You actually save money against the cap this year if you were to trade him.

Via Spotrac:

2023 Dead Cap: $10,250,000

2024 Dead Cap: $28,500,000

2023 Cap Savings: $10,000,000

$28.5m dead cap next year though too.

Saying that, if you don't extend him next year, you will have that anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

You actually save money against the cap this year if you were to trade him.

Via Spotrac:

2023 Dead Cap: $10,250,000

2024 Dead Cap: $28,500,000

2023 Cap Savings: $10,000,000

$28.5m dead cap next year though too.

Saying that, if you don't extend him next year, you will have that anyway.

I don't know how to read Spotrac too well. I see $48.5 million dead cap for this year.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know how to read Spotrac too well. I see $48.5 million dead cap for this year.

That's if they were to release him, and would be spread over this year and next.

If you click on the red x on far right of 2023, it breaks down the cap hits for Release/trades, pre/post June 1st.

May God bless Aaron Rogers with a complete recovery - no matter how much time it takes!!

It is my hope that he will be able to walk without a limp in the next chapter of his life.

In my humble opinion - I don't see a 39 (at the time of recovery) year old QB being able to continue an NFL career.