Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bringing in Hunt for visit tomorrow.

Indyfan4life

16 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I just hope they don’t trade him for peanuts like they did with Gilmore. Taylor is much younger and should command at least a 3rd and 4th imo. 

No, he won't.  Iffy health, over 900 carries the last 6 years..... Plenty of FA RBs, and 20 quality rookies every draft.....only one starter per team....even committees use mainly 2

Prevailing thought WAS that he was more valuable to Indy than he is to another team.

52 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ok either Deon Jackson is going on IR and/or the colts don't expect Taylor to play. I'm honestly starting to think Taylor's ankle injury is worse then we're being led to believe.

I think you’re right. I think the ankle is shot. Taylor failed a physical, if he stays on PUP. They can stash him on IR if they so wanted. 

As for a trade, I don’t think you can trade a player on PUP

Just now, csmopar said:

I think you’re right. I think the ankle is shot. Taylor failed a physical, if he stays on PUP. They can stash him on IR if they so wanted. 

I believe so because you need to pass a physical to be traded

Just now, csmopar said:

If Taylor wants someone to be angry with, he should look at UW who ran him into the absolute ground for 2+ straight seasons.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why do colts continue to make up stories about him rehabbing. Or maybe they are putting him on NFI. This short makes zero sense.

1 hour ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

The one of few things I dislike about our front office.  No matter who it is, it seems that we continue to put out false information on our injuries 

The kind of information you both want the Colts to put out is best kept behind closed doors where it belongs.   It would pour gasoline on the fire.  

If the Colts are about to trade Taylor it’ll happen soon enough.  But they haven’t even met with Hunt yet or given him a physical much less signed him to what would hopefully be a multi-year contract.   These things take time.  

This will be cleared up soon enough.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The kind of information you both want the Colts to put out is best kept behind closed doors where it belongs.   It would pour gasoline on the fire.  

If the Colts are about to trade Taylor it’ll happen soon enough.  But they haven’t even met with Hunt yet or given him a physical much less signed him to what would hopefully be a multi-year contract.   These things take time.  

This will be cleared up soon enough.  

How about just saying no comment. Colts don’t have to say he is rehabbing.

Just now, richard pallo said:

If that’s the case then I don’t think JT or his agent would have started this if they didn’t think he couldn’t be traded.

It’s also possible that he’s now finally rehabbing to try to pass said physical to allow trade to go through 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If that’s the case then I don’t think JT or his agent would have started this if they didn’t think he couldn’t be traded.

That’s why it’s doubtful he is injured still. Asking for a trade while injured is just weird. For what it’s worth king of colts who usually had very accurate info said on a podcast s couple weeks ago Taylor has  no injury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s why it’s doubtful he is injured still. Asking for a trade while injured is just weird. For what it’s worth king of colts who usually had very accurate info said on a podcast s couple weeks ago Taylor has  no injury.

You realize that he has to have documented injury to even go on PUP. You need to put the tinfoil down

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s what it’s starting to look like to me.   I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes off PUP as soon as Hunt is signed and then traded.

• Like 1

Not good.  :yuk:

Whoever they bring in and eventually sign to replace JT will be a down grade. 

If JT is traded I wonder which one of the teams the league prefers him going to? :thinking: ........Pats? That's where Cowherd wants him going to......does Denver or KC need a RB?..... Jets had Cook come in, I wouldn't mind JT joining Rogers and make a run at a Super Bowl. 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hunt is 4 days older than Dalvin Cook and about six months younger than Zeke Elliott. So, they are all about the same age.

Why Hunt over the other two?

(JT is 3+ years younger.)

Zeke and Cook were basically 15-20 carry a game back. Hunt hasn't gotten that much volume since going to Cleveland 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Colts might as well extend JT who has less mileage but may cost more. Colts have the cap space, no?

Takes two 

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Colts might as well extend JT who has less mileage but may cost more. Colts have the cap space, no?

JT has a ton more mileage

13 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Not good.  :yuk:

Whoever they bring in and eventually sign to replace JT will be a down grade. 

If JT is traded I wonder which one of the teams the league prefers him going to? :thinking: ........Pats? That's where Cowherd wants him going to......does Denver or KC need a RB?..... Jets had Cook come in, I wouldn't mind JT joining Rogers and make a run at a Super Bowl. 

The Jets, Pats and Dolphins all have the cap space to give JT a new deal if they choose.  The AFC East is going to be a dog fight.  I can see one of those teams giving up a 2nd.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The Jets, Pats and Dolphins all have the cap space to give JT a new deal if they choose.  The AFC East is going to be a dog fight.  I can see one of those teams giving up a 2nd.  

Maybe. But IF gets traded, I don’t think it’ll be to the AFC unless the offer is just that much better

• Like 1

I said this in another thread but it warrants posting here as well.  This is explains a LOT if true, a big if 

My guess is this, he knows his ankle is toast to start this season, so he tries to hide it and tries for an extension with lots of guaranteed monies , then he was planning on going to IR and cashing in on his guaranteed monies. Which I believe he has very little of on a rookie contract 

• Like 2