Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 5 8/1

I think ARs as advertised so far. Some really awesome flashes of potential but consistency isn’t there yet. This is all good so far, we know he will take some time on the passing front. I think he’s probably actually doing better than expectations overall, at least those who had realistic ones. 

He will shine brighter when he has room to be creative and take off. I’m betting we see some lightning during preseason. 

• Like 2

He’s going to struggle with accuracy all year.  He’s inaccurate.

It’s only going to be a problem if there isn’t noticeable improvement throughout the year.

The kid almost certainly isn’t ready to be a quality NFL starter yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

He’s going to struggle with accuracy all year.  He’s inaccurate.

It’s only going to be a problem if there isn’t noticeable improvement throughout the year.

The kid almost certainly isn’t ready to be a quality NFL starter yet.

To your last sentence, don't be that guy Nick lmao . After 1 day of camp after nose surgery, really?? Lets see how the pre-season plays out. He really shouldn't even be out there, he is showing toughness just by participating today.

I have no clue nor do any of us as to how good AR will be this year. I just hope he doesn't get trashed in here if he throws a few INT's to start the season. It is expected actually.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I think ARs as advertised so far. Some really awesome flashes of potential but consistency isn’t there yet. This is all good so far, we know he will take some time on the passing front. I think he’s probably actually doing better than expectations overall, at least those who had realistic ones. 

He will shine brighter when he has room to be creative and take off. I’m betting we see some lightning during preseason. 

To be fair CJ stroud is struggling also. He had had a few int the last couple days. It’s just rookie growing pains.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To your last sentence, don't be that guy Nick lmao . After 1 day of camp after nose surgery, really?? Lets see how the pre-season plays out. He really shouldn't even be out there, he is showing toughness just by participating today.

I have no clue nor do any of us as to how good AR will be this year. I just hope he doesn't get trashed in here if he throws a few INT's to start the season. It is expected actually.

Bestie almost no one including I would guess everyone in the Colts org thinks this kid is ready to be a quality NFL starter right away.  Wouldn’t matter if he was 20 for 20 today.

AR is currently and has been inaccurate.

Has nothing to do with his nose. 

reread my post unemotionally.

Bestie almost no one including I would guess everyone in the Colts org thinks this kid is ready to be a quality NFL starter right away.  Wouldn’t matter if he was 20 for 20 today.

I meant no offense my friend, I was just saying nobody knows how good AR will be was my point. I want to see him play in pre-season to really get a great look at him.

• Like 2

You qualified it with "quality", and I don't think anyone can argue with that right now.

But I think, as others have said, AR has to show the Colts why he shouldn't start. 

In other words, they know he's not going to be anywhere near perfect, but they're willing to live with that if he continues to show improvement.  You only get better by playing.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I meant no offense my friend, I was just saying nobody knows how good AR will be was my point. I want to see him play in pre-season to really get a great look at him.

No offense taken friend.  Just talking ball.

Sure no one knows how he will play in a theoretical sense.  

That said the entire history of the NFL would suggest that he and any QB isn’t ready to be a quality starter right away.  It has only been tried a few times anyway Bestie, and until 3 or so seasons ago you could count the attempts on your fingers and toes.

Anthony is also unusual in that he’s a high draft pick with almost no real success in college.  This isn’t controversial buddy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You qualified it with "quality", and I don't think anyone can argue with that right now.

But I think, as others have said, AR has to show the Colts why he shouldn't start. 

In other words, they know he's not going to be anywhere near perfect, but they're willing to live with that if he continues to show improvement.  You only get better by playing.

Yep and the point of the post is that no one needs worry about his inevitable inaccuracy until January if no noticeable improvement is made.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nickster said:

No offense taken friend.  Just talking ball.

Sure no one knows how he will play in a theoretical sense.  

That said the entire history of the NFL would suggest that he and any QB isn’t ready to be a quality starter right away.  It has only been tried a few times anyway Bestie, and until 3 or so seasons ago you could count the attempts on your fingers and toes.

Anthony is also unusual in that he’s a high draft pick with almost no real success in college.  This isn’t controversial buddy.

I think Minshew is a great backup and he is guy we joke about out of fun with the Stache and hair, etc. but I think AR will still start on opening day if he looks great in pre-season. Only way he gets better is actual regular season reps. If we don't think he is ready for any reason than I am ok with Minshew starting the first couple of games. Makes sense. I have been always on the thought of starting any QB that gets drafted in the top 5. I get AR isn't Manning or Luck where he has a lot of college experience but if he doesn't play, how can he get better? He will either be good or be a bust regardless of when we play him. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Minshew is a great backup and he is guy we joke about out of fun with the Stache and hair, etc. but I think AR will still start on opening day if he looks great in pre-season. Only way he gets better is actual regular season reps. If we don't think he is ready for any reason than I am ok with Minshew starting the first couple of games. Makes sense. I have been always on the thought of starting any QB that gets drafted in the top 5. I get AR isn't Manning or Luck where he has a lot of college experience but if he doesn't play, how can he get better? He will either be good or be a bust regardless of when we play him. 

I would think the latest we have AR start would be week 6 against the Jags. But who knows. Minshew could play out of his mind and have the team rolling for this season. At that point just ride the hot hand and switch over later or even next season. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I would think the latest we have AR start would be week 6 against the Jags. But who knows. Minshew could play out of his mind and have the team rolling for this season. At that point just ride the hot hand and switch over later or even next season. 

I agree with this line of reasoning.  I’ve had him pegged for a Week 5 start against the Titans.  Takes away the pressure of the opener being arguably the most important game of the season - holding serve vs. JAX.  Plus, Minshew gets 4 games to demonstrate to AR how to prepare, implement a game plan, and make in-game adjustments…

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This I disagree with absolutely.

if playing we’re the only way to get better there’d be no such thing as practice.

Are you AI?

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

• Like 2