Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 3 7/29

29 minutes ago, KB said:

Makes him harder to sack

I doubt it. There are diminishing returns after some point. And his best attribute is his speed and athleticism at this size.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually don't mind it because he can take more hits if need be and probably be more ok than before.

I don't agree. After some point, adding more weight becomes a negative. He was plenty big enough already. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

I doubt it. There are diminishing returns after some point. And his best attribute is his speed and athleticism at this size.

I don't agree. After some point, adding more weight becomes a negative. He was plenty big enough already. 

I don't think adding 10 pounds will hurt him, just makes him stronger. Most QB's add 5-10 pounds when they enter the NFL anyway. He still can run a 4.4

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think adding 10 pounds will hurt him, just makes him stronger. Most QB's add 5-10 pounds when they enter the NFL anyway. He still can run a 4.4

I agree 10 pounds undss isn't much because off his frame and strength and conditioning coaches in the NFL. They  will train him so he can adapt to the minor weight gain with no loss of speed and/or athleticism. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They won’t. We probably won’t even know going into week one to keep it on the down low.

That was the least part of that tweet I care about.

Definitely not naming a starter any time soon.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Pump the breaks on this.  The Colts aren’t going to alter their plans based on one week of training camp, let alone before he’s even played in a pre-season game or even had a padded practice for that matter.  It’s easy to look good in training camp.  Looking good in a real game or even a pre-season is whole different monster.  I am not saying AR can’t get there but calling for it now is way too soon.  

I feel the plan right now is to start Minshew and sprinkle AR in slowly increasing the amount of time AR gets until he takes over as the starter.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AR has already added 10 pounds.   He used to be listed at 234.   He’s now 244, bigger than Luck.   The change happened at the Combine. 

Why does Richardson need 10 more pounds?   

NOTE:   I’ve scrolled more and now seen the tweet saying AR is now 255.  

5 hours ago, stitches said:

Honestly... I don't think I love this. He doesn't need to get bigger and heavier. 

I’m with you.   I’m hoping he put on weight with the intention of sweating it off during training camp.   At some point the returns do diminish.   

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 5:56 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just saw this. Haven’t listened yet so don’t know what he talks about.

Finally got to this.

Pretty solid interview and questions.

Guy on the mower kept getting to close.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

My hunch is Steichen will make that call in about 4-5 weeks.  After the pre-season games.  

I was thinking this as well, but it’s not doing any of the rest of the 1st team any favors by the QBs splitting reps. But I guess waiting until after the first two preseason games maybe would make sense. 

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I was thinking this as well, but it’s not doing any of the rest of the 1st team any favors by the QBs splitting reps. But I guess waiting until after the first two preseason games maybe would make sense. 

We will likely know by end of next week. Pretty sure that the plan has always been to throw away this year as a training year

not sure if this was posted yet.

Looked like Jones slipped at the top, but recovered nicely. Been nice to get the INT, but the slip at the top probably threw it off.

Richardson on the throw.

See discussion about it but not the video.

6 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

At some point SS is going to have to crap or get off the pot.

Give all the number 1 reps to AR !!

I don't think they make that call until at the very least the first joint practices are over and he's looked solid against another team too. But so far so good. He's been checking all the boxes since he's been in the building. If you told all those "AR is the rawest prospect in history" draft experts after the draft that AR would be splitting QB1 reps and looking like he belongs, not overwhelmed, making plays, having good command of the offense by training camp, they would have thought you are crazy. He's progressing well. Hope it continues not just during training camp, but during the season and in the following years :)

• Like 1