Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp Day 2 7/28

4 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Any updates from the DBs outside of Kenny Moore? That is the position group that I’m most interested in hearing about.

It's a young group now, so expect them to be a weakness group this year. Lot's of learning ahead. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

According to CR91 they haven’t looked good. Brent’s is not practicing yet. Also have to remember things are different in games when the dline can actually sack and pressure the QB.

I was there and I concur, they don’t look good at all. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Agreed but guys should be able to show flashes in 7 on 7 etc, that’s the weakest unit IMO so I’m pretty curious as to who’s standing out.

The only flashes I saw today were out of Kenny Moore. The rest weren’t so hot. Like I said I’m my recap, either our DBs suck bad or our WRs are studs now with a new head coach and QBs

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The only flashes I saw today were out of Kenny Moore. The rest weren’t so hot. Like I said I’m my recap, either our DBs suck bad or our WRs are studs now with a new head coach and QBs

With this many young players, we should expect a steep learning curve at CB.  If we don’t see improvement in the next few weeks, I’ll start worrying a little…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I did read that our first team CBs today were 

Moore, Brown and Baker

So wouldn't read to much into it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Can you look at TEs tomorrow. My dark horse pick is Ogletree. I actually think he may have a better career than Woods. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

That should quiet the naysayers for a few minutes.

He certainly looks to have all the physical tangibles needed to be a QB in the NFL. Work ethic is good as well. He genuinely is willing and open to learn and improve. That is so important of a trait that really can’t be taught. Study hard to play hard!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You still need more then one WR. Pittman proved with Carson he can be a down the field threat. But Richardson will also have to get better and layering the football because Pittman is really good in the middle of the field.

Yea, but I think Pittman is going to want north of 20 million. See yah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

He certainly looks to have all the physical tangibles needed to be a QB in the NFL. Work ethic is good as well. He genuinely is willing and open to learn and improve. That is so important of a trait that really can’t be taught. Study hard to play hard!

I agree. That is very important.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

No but it was more the blitz pick ups I was watching. There were several clear missed rushes. Especially at RG, usually between RG and C. Like free path missed. Obviously once pass are on it’s different and I’ll be there again Monday. I’m going to 5 total this year, including tomorrowa

This is troubling. I noticed the exact same thing last season in training camp and it foreshadowed the bad o-line play that was 

coming once the season started. There has been no major upgrades from last season"s porous o-line that showed a slight improvement toward the end of the year and I guess the team brass is HOPING to build on that while also adding a new FIRST time line coach. Only time will tell if this strategy pays off or not.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You still need more then one WR. Pittman proved with Carson he can be a down the field threat. But Richardson will also have to get better and layering the football because Pittman is really good in the middle of the field.

Maybe a threat but not much of one.

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

Well we lost both starting corners from last year.

Even the rosiest of fans has to realize we are going to really struggle there.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Nickster said:

Well we lost both starting corners from last year.

Even the rosiest of fans has to realize we are going to really struggle there.

For sure. Honestly though, I expected no more than a handle full of wins before this. I’m really thinking the odds of a 3-14 type season is a very likely possibility but not for the QB issue alone, this secondary is going to get scored on and scored on a lot. Unless a major turn around happens once pads go on

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 7:41 AM, csmopar said:

For sure. Honestly though, I expected no more than a handle full of wins before this. I’m really thinking the odds of a 3-14 type season is a very likely possibility but not for the QB issue alone, this secondary is going to get scored on and scored on a lot. Unless a major turn around happens once pads go on

We play a defense that encourages a high rate of completions. There were some good defensive numbers last season, and Gilmore had a nose for making a big play, but we couldn't really defend the pass last year. By design, I guess. So it's not surprising that you didn't see much from the secondary.

• Thanks 1