Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

EA allows media members to play Madden 13

FightLikeSin

I do miss the old madden superstar mode...I'd like them to do something similar to NCAA, with their highschool state champ tournament. Have the senior bow, or the east west shrine game, and then have to participate in the combine and stuff to give you your first overall ratings. Then get better (or worse) as you play games and practice.

Now if only they'd make superstar mode worth playing again.....It's so weak compared to superstar mode in say NBA 2K12.

No kidding. I buy that game mostly for the escapism. I want to run the franchise, sign new players and of course...be a player. But Madden has been terrible at that since 08'.

I want to sign an agent,participate in the combine, see the presentation of the actual draft with commentary, Endorsements, commercials, player progression (not starting right away over Brees if I'm drafted by the Saints), Post game interviews, charity events, drug scandals something new!!!!

Nice little story on NFL.com about the experience.

http://www.nfl.com/n...3-preview-party

Hopefully...it is MUCH different from years past.

Madden much different from years past? :lol:

I do not understand why people continue to buy these games. It is nothing more then a $60 roster update.

EA has been lazy since they got the license and it is really sad the NFL sold it. I can only imagine what the NFL 2K13 and Madden 2013 would be like if the competition between the two games was still there. Madden 2005 and ESPN 2K5 were the best we have seen from football games and that is sad considering how old they are.

I do not understand why people continue to buy these games. It is nothing more then a $60 roster update.

EA has been lazy since they got the license and it is really sad the NFL sold it. I can only imagine what the NFL 2K13 and Madden 2013 would be like if the competition between the two games was still there. Madden 2005 and ESPN 2K5 were the best we have seen from football games and that is sad considering how old they are.

yeah and as fun as it is to keep playing games where Peyton is the QB and he's throwing to Harrison...it's time to move on. So I buy the roster update. The gameplay gets better every year (slightly) but no big blockbuster features like the hitstick! Unfortunately EA has the monopoly on the NFL games. Luckily, I have a $50 reward zone card that I got when I purchased my washer and dryer. So it will only be a $10 roster update :)

The new announcers really have me excited. Having said that, I intend to buy the game used. I don't condone EA's practices. Buying used is the best way to show your disapproval for EA while not missing out on football. Granted, you can't play online since the online pass-code will probably be used, but you can always buy the code online. Regardless, most people cheat online anyways, so frankly, I'd avoid online like the plague.

The new announcers really have me excited. Having said that, I intend to buy the game used. I don't condone EA's practices. Buying used is the best way to show your disapproval for EA while not missing out on football. Granted, you can't play online since the online pass-code will probably be used, but you can always buy the code online. Regardless, most people cheat online anyways, so frankly, I'd avoid online like the plague.

I bought 2011 used, I regret it, I miss online but I don't want to pay out $20

yeah and as fun as it is to keep playing games where Peyton is the QB and he's throwing to Harrison...it's time to move on. So I buy the roster update. The gameplay gets better every year (slightly) but no big blockbuster features like the hitstick! Unfortunately EA has the monopoly on the NFL games. Luckily, I have a $50 reward zone card that I got when I purchased my washer and dryer. So it will only be a $10 roster update :)

What does this have to do with the competition between 2k and EA?

I like what I'm seeing so far. Watch the podcast they have on the website if you get time. There are things that intrigue me on the main menu of the new game are Play Career as player or coach and GameFace.

GameFace is popular with some other EA games like FIFA12. You can upload a photo of yourself and attach it to your EA profile to use for your superstar. No more avatar heads that look nothing like you.

I wish I could explore more, but it does look like this years Madden will be much improved or the gamer. I'm excited to see all the details unveiled.

7128123443_5f1ccce4b6_b.jpg

I am coming back to Madden this season. I've not purchased this game since the Madden 10 version though I have routinely played NCAA for my football fix. I haven't enjoyed Madden for a long, long time and I am really hoping the Madden team have made some big improvements that will allow me to enjoy a favourite past time of mine.

Thanks for the trailer link, I liked the look of it. It wets the appetite for Madden gaming in 2012.

I'm just glad to see Chris Collinsworth is gone. No offense to the guy, but he's been in the game (saying relatively the same things) Since '09....I was ready for him to be gone.

Truth! I might actually buy this game because they are rehauling the presentation. I am BIG on realism and presentation and with the new announcers and interface, this may be a buy for me. I'm hoping they do the same to the bland franchise mode.

Yeah, in my opinion, NFL 2k5 > Madden 05.

But Madden needs to attack the presentation and franchise mode head-on! The franchise mode of Madden SUCKS! I do not feel like there is a league outside of me. All it feels like is me playing my game every week and that's it, nothing is living. Even though it's a basketball game, NBA 2k12's franchise mode is unbelievable. The players speak to the media, there are stories around the league, a trade wire, etc. If EA rehaul the presentation (which they have already begun) and the franchise, I may become a Madden fan again.