Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cuts after the draft

CR91

Hull probably is a lock to make the roster. If you cut Evans without letting them battle it out in camp, that’s what that tells me. I could see him beating out Deon Jackson because of what he can offer as a pass catcher and on special teams.

On 5/2/2023 at 6:35 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Hull probably is a lock to make the roster. If you cut Evans without letting them battle it out in camp, that’s what that tells me. I could see him beating out Deon Jackson because of what he can offer as a pass catcher and on special teams.

Deon is a good pass catcher but I think Hull is a better overall back to be honest.  Hull can catch and he's got better vision as a runner than Deon.

54 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I liked Kalinic.  He was a heck of a blocker at the end of the season.

54 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This gets us down to the 90 man roster I believe.

Now sign Risner before another team does.  We need a veteran guard.

57 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Hull will probably be the Colts version of the Chargers' Ekelar. 

that was the first thing I thought when I saw his videos. we'll have to see if his speed plays at this level, but man, he looked good.

On 5/2/2023 at 6:35 PM, Defjamz26 said:

We have a nice stable of backs

2 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

If there were any surprises from this group I would say Kalinic and Williams were guys that I thought would at least be potential camp guys. 

My hunch is the Colts released the guys they did NOT because they were the worst on the roster, but because the Colts are trying to do them a favor, a professional courtesy.  

The Colts are giving them a chance to be free agents so other interested teams have a chance to sign them before their rosters get set.   I think there are clearly worse players on the Colts roster.   When those guys get cut, there will be much less interest in them. 

4 hours ago, krunk said:

We have a nice stable of backs

Yes. Even if we carry 4, I like all our options. Hill may have the best special teams value out of all of them though.

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Yeah all of those cuts seem like the draft played a part. I liked Rhyne but they gave that LB from Houston a big signing bonus.

With some of the udfa signing some actually where just camp invites with no contract and were lumped with those offered a spot. 1 RB I like who was invite who could possibly convert is Toriano Clinton U Indianapolis star back,huge level upgrade but kid does have skill. 

On 5/2/2023 at 2:12 PM, sb41champs said:

None of these cuts surprise me.

I think several more will be cut in the near future.

when you have missed the play offs for the last 2 years and have the fourth pick in the draft no one should be safe.

Archived