Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Draft -- April 27th to April 29

NFLfan

Just now, richard pallo said:

He is not even listed as one of the top 19 remaining running backs left to be drafted today by Bleacher Report.   Not even listed.  Just throwing darts now it appears.  I would be happy with a flyer on Vorhees and calling it a day.

PFF has him as the 213th prospect. Brugler has him as a 6th rounder. 

Evan Hull Can No Longer Be Ignored After Senior Bowl

https://thedraftnetwork.com/evan-hull-nfl-draft-senior-bowl/

...At Senior Bowl practices all week, the Northwestern product showed off his dual-threat abilities against some of the best defenders in his draft class. Hull spent all week stringing together explosive runs in team drills along with some strong reps in one-on-ones against linebackers in both pass-catching and pass-protection drills.

When game time rolled around on Saturday, Hull led all players in the exhibition with 74 rushing yards on just 10 carries—including a 24-yard run on the first play of the game—and added two catches for 11 yards.

For teams looking to take a running back that can contribute as an explosive runner with good field vision and a strong pass-catcher with good hands and route-running ability, Evan Hull could be their guy. Taking into account his solid work in pass protection and special teams contributions in Mobile as well, the Northwestern product did a nice job raising his draft stock at this year’s Senior Bowl.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Evan Hull Can No Longer Be Ignored After Senior Bowl

https://thedraftnetwork.com/evan-hull-nfl-draft-senior-bowl/

...At Senior Bowl practices all week, the Northwestern product showed off his dual-threat abilities against some of the best defenders in his draft class. Hull spent all week stringing together explosive runs in team drills along with some strong reps in one-on-ones against linebackers in both pass-catching and pass-protection drills.

When game time rolled around on Saturday, Hull led all players in the exhibition with 74 rushing yards on just 10 carries—including a 24-yard run on the first play of the game—and added two catches for 11 yards.

For teams looking to take a running back that can contribute as an explosive runner with good field vision and a strong pass-catcher with good hands and route-running ability, Evan Hull could be their guy. Taking into account his solid work in pass protection and special teams contributions in Mobile as well, the Northwestern product did a nice job raising his draft stock at this year’s Senior Bowl.

Nice write up but it looks like he didn’t shoot up the draft boards. 

15 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I always look at current roster and what players need to be replaced with Draft picks. Last 2 days we upgraded 3 weak starting spots. Looking at what we have will tell us what direction it should take tomorrow.

Starting RG-Will Fries-  Hopefully Zavalla with next pick,Fries is an ok backup IL. May have to sign Free Agent Dalton Risner

Swing Tackle-C.O'Donnell/J.Murray- We need 2 swing Tackles as neither of these 2 has taken an NFL snap, 1 will come tomorrow

Center-We likely let Pinter and French battle it out but could draft a Center late

TE-We are set 7 deep

WR- We look set with MPJ,Pierce,Downs,Mckenzie,Dulin,Streichen as top 6, maybe a late flyer on a wr with size

QB-Set

RB-JT,Moss,Evans,Jackson,Funk so a late pick on a 3rd down back would make sense.

DE-Paye,Dayo,Ebukan,Lewis all locks,rest Cline,Berry,Kareem can lose a spot to a DE drafted

DT-Buckner,Stewart,Bryan,Johnson all locks, Agim and Williams likely on bubble so a DT could be drafted but doubtful

LB-Leonard,Speed,Franklin,Stuart,Domann all locks but 1 spot open with McGrone,Rhyne,Olubi so a LB pick coming

CB-Moore,Rodgers,Brents,Flowers,Brown all locked 1 open spot for Tolliver,Baker,Vereen and a day 3 draft pick

S-Blackmon,Thomas,Cross all locked last spot open for draft pick to battle Denbow,Dabo and Black

P-Set

K-Set

so tomorrow- 1 G,   1T,  1 WR  ,1RB  ,1DE  ,1LB ,1CB ,1 S

Targets

Zavalla,Saldiveri-G

Jones,Freeland-T

Iosivas,Boutee-WR

Vaughn,Hull-RB

Fehoko,Wooden-DE

To'o to'o,Papoe-LB

Ringo,Rush-CB

Tice,Johnson-S

Ringo,Rush-CB

Freeland ,Hull,Rush.....checking the boxes....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Joey Fisher must be wondering what he's done wrong......thought he would have gone a while ago!

Even though we drafted Freeland, I'd still take him in the 6th. Our tackles would be elite all the way through. Would be a strength on the O-Line.

You guys ready? 

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Would anyone be mad if we drafted Cory Trice with our 6th rounder and tripled up on CB? I think that could be an option.

I had not even realized he was still not picked. Wow! I would pick him. 

• Like 2

Just now, stitches said:

Well, this is a player I've never heard of... Titus Leo, EDGE, Wagner

Looks like a PS EDGE. From what I can see he's pretty explosive, but tight hipped and will have a huge jump in competition.

• Like 1