Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 35th in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select…?

If we keep the pick, it’s between Steve Avila and Julius Brents.  Interestingly enough, I just read a story yesterday saying that those are the two names to keep an eye on for sneaking into the back parts of round 1…

I’ll say Steve Avila, OG, TCU, since I have other CBs I like later on like Darius Rush, Cory Trice, Jakorian Bennett, and others.  If we miss out on Avila, it’d have to be Zavala or bust.  

I could see trading down 10 picks or so in the 2nd and targeting Avila or Zavala (who I obviously like more than most people do)…

• Like 2

Kelee Ringo-CB-Georgia

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2023/kelee-ringo

Seems to be linked to us a lot  lately round 2. Day 1 starter opposite Rodgers with Moore in the slot,would allow Flowers to be first corner of the bench and continue to develop.

Ringo was the top cb in hs coming out went to Georgia and won 2 national titles. Has freakish size and speed,needs to be patience and not bite on fakes but this kid will be a star in the league.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Didn’t he blow out his ACL? 

I have not heard that at all.  Maybe you have him confused with someone else.  In fact PFF just released their rankings before the draft and they think he could be drafted anywhere from pick 26-51 with his ranking at 26.  He is a big man who is versatile and can play G or T.  He had a great combine and senior bowl performance and is one of their favorite OL who should be starting soon in the NFL.  I watch Syracuse a lot and he definitely is a great player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Kelee Ringo-CB-Georgia

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2023/kelee-ringo

Seems to be linked to us a lot  lately round 2. Day 1 starter opposite Rodgers with Moore in the slot,would allow Flowers to be first corner of the bench and continue to develop.

Ringo was the top cb in hs coming out went to Georgia and won 2 national titles. Has freakish size and speed,needs to be patience and not bite on fakes but this kid will be a star in the league.

Scout the player not the school, but Ringo is the other CB I would put us drafting at 35 except that in a little hesitant on Georgia CBs. DeAndre Baker, Eric Stokes, Derion Kendrick, and Tyson Campbell are all recent Georgia CBs to come out. Stokes and Campbell both had insane athletic profiles as well. Campbell is solid, but it look like the Packers overdrafted Stokes. 

IMO there is a high chance Ballard trades back with the second rounder. And most likely picks up a CB at that spot. Julius Brents, Kelee Ringo, Forbes if he falls... Ballard sometimes drafts players that he loves a bit earlier than the consensus so... I wouldn't be completely shocked if it's someone like Darius Rush too... 

• Like 6

If they stay put at 35, Kelee Ringo. If they move back, perhaps mid second round, it’s Julius Brents. Either of these guys could be starting at CB next season. Besides QB, this position remains the Colts’ greatest need. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 8:22 PM, richard pallo said:

I have not heard that at all.  Maybe you have him confused with someone else.  In fact PFF just released their rankings before the draft and they think he could be drafted anywhere from pick 26-51 with his ranking at 26.  He is a big man who is versatile and can play G or T.  He had a great combine and senior bowl performance and is one of their favorite OL who should be starting soon in the NFL.  I watch Syracuse a lot and he definitely is a great player.

Sorry. Andrew Vorhees was the one that was injured. 

1 hour ago, Gigc said:

One of those WR are going to slide into the second round. If there's a guy there that can score TDs, that's who I want.

Jordan Addison, Jalin Hyatt, Josh Downs...

Add Zay Flowers to that list

• Thanks 1

Yeah. I think Flowers will be gone before 35.

Also, there should be a lot of good, "coulda been a first rounder" players. One I like is the LB/Micah Parsons like rusher from Arkansas. Drew Sanders. Outside of scoring TDs, we need more guys who can put heat on the opposing QB. He's a very good rusher. Just not sure he fits Bradley's defensive scheme. But having Sanders would also help our LB unit. We've lost some dudes. I do think Jojo Domann will make steps this year...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gigc said:

Yeah. I think Flowers will be gone before 35.

Also, there should be a lot of good, "coulda been a first rounder" players. One I like is the LB/Micah Parsons like rusher from Arkansas. Drew Sanders. Outside of scoring TDs, we need more guys who can put heat on the opposing QB. He's a very good rusher. Just not sure he fits Bradley's defensive scheme. But having Sanders would also help our LB unit. We've lost some dudes. I do think Jojo Domann will make steps this year...

Add ‘Captain’ Jack Campbell LB out if Iowa as well. 

• 4 weeks later...