Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McShay's Mock Draft 2/15

Todd McShay's most recent mock draft (2/15) has the Colts trading up to #1 with the Bears and selecting Bryce Young. His trade compensation is the Colts giving up #4 #35 a 5th rounder this year and the 1st next year. Way too much to be giving away imo. Especially for an undersized QB. What are y'all's thoughts? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35608911/2023-nfl-mock-draft-todd-mcshay-post-super-bowl-predictions-31-first-round-picks-quarterback-landing-spots-projected-trade

If the Bears play their cards right, they can trade with the Texans for picks, and then trade with us at 2 for picks

They can still get a good DL player

The measurables on Young are key

He is very talented, but a 5"10" 180lbs QB will live on IR

If he is bigger like 6" 200Lbs .......  He may be fine

25 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah I’m not giving all that up. I’d much rather give up players than pics. I’d offer our 3rd round pick and any two players they want besides JT. We shouldn’t get fleeced over a team that’s sliding down 3 spots and still might get their guy.

Yeah, players over picks would be my preference as well. I'd add Nelson to the untouchables list with JT. I know his contract isn't great but he's had one subpar season. He'll bounce back. 

No way would I give up the #35 or next year's 1st for any QB in this draft.  I still think we can stay at 4 and get a good QB (possibly even the one we prefer falls to us at 4)...With Jalen Carter and Will Anderson, there is no way we cant sit at 4 and get one of the top 3 QBs in the draft.  Of the teams that covet the generational talents of Carter/Anderson, they wont risk missing out on them, thus, a QB will still be there at #4... the ONLY way I'd trade up, is if Ballard/Steichen are 100% all in on a certain one of the QBs and catch word that another team ahead of them will pick them...I'd still hate it if we give up our 2nd this year (basically another 1st at #35) and next year's #1.

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah I’m not giving all that up. I’d much rather give up players than pics. I’d offer our 3rd round pick and any two players they want besides JT. We shouldn’t get fleeced over a team that’s sliding down 3 spots and still might get their guy.

Giving up two of our best players is getting fleeced.

42 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Giving up two of our best players is getting fleeced.

Yeah, draft picks come back as long as the damage is limited to 2024, I am fine with it.

2024 1st rounder and 2023 2nd rounder is the starting point, with maybe Kenny Moore thrown in, I would venture to guess, nothing more for pick No.1

15 hours ago, 912Colts said:

Todd McShay's most recent mock draft (2/15) has the Colts trading up to #1 with the Bears and selecting Bryce Young. His trade compensation is the Colts giving up #4 #35 a 5th rounder this year and the 1st next year. Way too much to be giving away imo. Especially for an undersized QB. What are y'all's thoughts? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35608911/2023-nfl-mock-draft-todd-mcshay-post-super-bowl-predictions-31-first-round-picks-quarterback-landing-spots-projected-trade

Lol garbage. McShay is always wrong. 

Don't count out the NY Giants making a big move to #3 and taking a new QB ahead of the Colts.  Kind of expect the Giants to use a non-exclusive franchise tag on Daniels then turn down a matching offer recouping two first round draft picks that they would essentially be giving up this year.

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol garbage. McShay is always wrong. 

Very true. I did see it as clickbait more than anything else. McShay wanted to force a trade and he's really high on Bryce Young. Then with Irsay's statement/smokescreen McShay basically fells justified in making the trade, or so he and Field Yates alluded to on the last episode of First Draft. 

12 hours ago, FalseStart said:

70-30 we trade back when Anderson, Carter and the QB3 is available at pick 4

If Ballard and Steichen are set on only one of the QBs and want to gamble and see if he falls to them and that backfires, sure trading back would be preferable. Load up on assets for next years draft and go from there. This places be be going bonkers if that happened though. 

Archived