Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It would be a shock if he does t declare. When your going to most likely be a top five pick it would not be very smart. Then add the QB class next year.

I feel he would of announced it already if he was coming back. So hopefully that means he is coming off.

Maybe just maybe he doesn’t want to play football going forward? The NIL money he’s got so far sets him up for life so why play longer

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

2-4 years lol. You should expect one year of rookie struggles. Second year you better be competing for a playoff spot. It died not take that long if you go the right thibfs surrounding him.

It took the GOAT with multiple future HOFers on his team 4 years to become who we know him to be today, Peyton Manning. Josh Allen took 3. 

Just now, csmopar said:

Which is why I think we trade back, Grab our LT of the future in round one.  Grab the best remaining QB in round 2. If it works out, great if it doesn’t, high draft pick in 2024 in a QB stacked draft

Hooker should be there.    He is older and more mature than the others.  He will probably handle the pressure a little better and he has had a pretty good college career that was cut short by injury on his way to probably the Heisman runner up.   His stats speak for themselves.    Which is better than most of the top 4 we are discussing 

Just now, csmopar said:

It took the GOAT with multiple future HOFers on his team 4 years to become who we know him to be today, Peyton Manning. Josh Allen took 3. 

Peyton manning only lost 3 games his second year I believe. Allen went to playoffs his secobd year. I am not saying we should run a superbowl by the second year. But you should be able to compete for the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

2-4 years lol. You should expect one year of rookie struggles. Second year you better be competing for a playoff spot. It does  not take that long if you go the right thibfs surrounding him.

OMG.  What color is the sky in your little world?     Which recently drafted QB's have done that?   You are going to say Mahomes Lawrence and Burrow ets.   NONE of these guys are that caliber of QB.    You are setting yourself up for an implosion 

19 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

It will all depend on who the HC is.  IMO that is the most important aspect.   Indy already has difficulty attracting big time FA's and will have even more with a rookie QB until they prove themselves.    Which means we are most likely going to  struggle for a few yrs and many on here (and you know who you are) will * and panic constantly while this happens.   

I'm fine with some down yrs to develop a QB.    Not sure some on here will be that patient 

The forum fans maybe, but Hoosiers that physically live in Indiana will continue to support the local team. 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Which is why I think we trade back, Grab our LT of the future in round one.  Grab the best remaining QB in round 2. If it works out, great if it doesn’t, high draft pick in 2024 in a QB stacked draft

If we trade back and go left tackle hooker and duggan could be worth taking a chance on or hall. We also need hyatt or some other field stretching wr. Also we may go guard instead of tackle as ballard likes raiman

Just now, ChuggaBeer said:

OMG.  What color is the sky in your little world?     Which recently drafted QB's have done that?   You are going to say Mahomes Lawrence and Burrow.   NONE of these guys are that caliber of QB.    You are setting yourself up for an implosion 

Allen went to the playoffs his second year.  Lost 6 games. Manning only lost 3 I believe his drcond year. Yes competing for a playoff spot is what we should expect that second year.

I'm probably alone on this, but IF we got Richardson, I'd say put him out there immediately. Take your lumps and learn your lessons. He seems mentally strong enough to handle it to me.

Besides, I think he can improve our time of possession picking up first downs with his legs alone. Good god, our defense was on the field at least two-thirds of the friggin season.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Peyton manning only lost 3 games his second year I believe. Allen went to playoffs his secobd year. I am not saying we should run a superbowl by the second year. But you should be able to compete for the playoffs.

It’s nice to think that and the team itself should have those expectations, but it doesn’t always work out like that. Sometimes getting to the playoffs and winning the division is as much about what the other teams do or don’t do. 

1 minute ago, ChuggaBeer said:

OMG.  What color is the sky in your little world?     Which recently drafted QB's have done that?   You are going to say Mahomes Lawrence and Burrow ets.   NONE of these guys are that caliber of QB.    You are setting yourself up for an implosion 

Not really we beat mahomes with a way past his prime ryan so we dont need a mahomes to beat mahomes. We just need a qb that makes the plays that are there like purdy and bennett have done without making dumb mistakes

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Allen went to the playoffs his second year.  Lost 6 games. Manning only lost 3 I believe his drcond year. Yes competing for a playoff spot is what we should expect that second year.

You are comparing these guys to elite QB's in the NFL.    IMO none are elite

3 minutes ago, Pelt said:

I'm probably alone on this, but IF we got Richardson, I'd say put him out there immediately. Take your lumps and learn your lessons. He seems mentally strong enough to handle it to me.

Besides, I think he can improve our time of possession picking up first downs with his legs alone. Good god, our defense was on the field at least two-thirds of the friggin season.

I agree. I think we could win with richardson because of his legs. And if we draft a speedy wr that can take advantage of his huge arm our offense would be more dynamic

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I agree. I think we could win with richardson because of his legs. And if we draft a speedy wr that can take advantage of his huge arm our offense would be more dynamic

A lot of people that write for the colts have said the same thing. Could compensate some with him running while he develops a passing game. Taylor would be fantastic with him.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

A lot of people that write for the colts have said the same thing. Could compensate some with him running while he develops a passing game. Taylor would be fantastic with him.

If does as well after his injury.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Purdy and Sam are a lot alike. Sam might even have that success in that offense.

its a really good offense imo.

Great at multiple levels.  Top 5 line, good backs, elite TEs, elite FB, Elite WR to good WR

plus Elite coach

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor would run for 2000 yards with richardson as qb

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If Saturday is the next head coach I cant see us drafting richardson, I think levis or stroud would fit better with him. If it was harbaugh or ben johnson it could work

I'd rather it be Johnson over Harbaugh.

22 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He wouldn’t be calling plays like Frank.  He would need to find the right OC who can help develop a rookie quarterback.

I think is a great statement.   If the OC is in place before the draft it may give us an idea of who they are looking at for QB. 

Archived