Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

A hot dog with everything in Denmark is bread, sausage, raw chop onions, fried onions, remoulade and pickles. 

People sometimes get ketchup, mayo or mustard instead of remoulade (is that even a thing in the US?). Or a mix. 

Not in my neck of the woods.  Remoulade.  Funny thing I saw it when looked up Danish Hot Dog.  So your Dog kinda has a sweetish taste?  Not Swedish mind you Sweet  ISH.  I looked it up and it has nutmeg and allspice in it.  

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

That’s a different guy. :thmup:

Wow he must have a sizable Danish fan base?

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Looked up the Danish Hot Dog.  Looks pretty good, but looks quite a bit different.

Did you change your name from ThroreninDenmark or is that a different dude in Denmark?

I just cooked up a great Mac-n-Cheese with hamburger in it + extra sharp cheddar cheese in it and pepper + a little ketchup. This is great stuff, you have your proteins and vitamins.

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

A hot dog with everything in Denmark is bread, sausage, raw chop onions, fried onions, remoulade and pickles. 

People sometimes get ketchup, mayo or mustard instead of remoulade (is that even a thing in the US?). Or a mix. 

I've heard of remoulade, and seen it in some local stores, but never had it.

A standard Chicago Hot Dog (w/everything) would be mustard, tomato slices, diced raw onions, celery salt, pickle relish, and sport peppers are optional (mandatory for me). There's a lot of variances of that, though. There's a place that's basically a salad, mustard, relish on the Hot Dog.

Just now, Nickster said:

Not in my neck of the woods.  Remoulade.  Funny thing I saw it when looked up Danish Hot Dog.  So your Dog kinda has a sweetish taste?  Not Swedish mind you Sweet  ISH.  I looked it up and it has nutmeg and allspice in it.  

Yeah, I’d say salty, sour and sweet in a good mix. 

Remoulade is used a lot as a dip in DK. Like ketchup, mayo and mustard. 

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

A standard Chicago Hot Dog (w/everything) would be mustard, tomato slices, diced raw onions, celery salt, pickle relish, and sport peppers are optional (mandatory for me). There's a lot of variances of that, though. There's a place that's basically a salad, mustard, relish on the Hot Dog.

To me a loaded Hotdog would be Mustard, Ketchup, Relish + some peppers on it Classic Tv Arguing GIF by Sony Pictures Television

3 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Hot dogs are pretty standard in DK. But you can get variants too with chilli, salats, relishes and a lot of other stuff. That’s mostly gourmet stuff though. 

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Hot dogs are pretty standard in DK. But you can get variants too with chilli, salats, relishes and a lot of other stuff. That’s mostly gourmet stuff though. 

You know when I started on this board, I just assumed most everyone here was from Indiana or holdovers from the Baltimore area.

I didn't think of Indy as having much of a national, let alone international fanbase.

I really like Indianapolis, but it's not the most cosmopolitan city in the world.  What I've learned is Manning made it national, and I guess that makes sense.   Is Manning what drew you to be a Colts fan?

6 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Is there any way to end this sausage fest and get back to football talk?   Asking for a ....  Well everyone 

Yeah Chugga.  Send me one of those Danish Dogs stat.  But back it with a beerbrat in case I don't like it. 

Or on second thought send this!

Sexy Blonde Hair GIF by DEEPSYSTEM

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

You know when I started on this board, I just assumed most everyone here was from Indiana or holdovers from the Baltimore area.

I didn't think of Indy as having much of a national, let alone international fanbase.

I really like Indy, but it's not the most cosmopolitan city in the world.  What I've learned is Manning made it national, and I guess that makes sense.   Is Manning what drew you to be a Colts fan?

Hell we have people here in places I have never heard of Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I really like Indianapolis, but it's not the most cosmopolitan city in the world.  What I've learned is Manning made it national, and I guess that makes sense.   Is Manning what drew you to be a Colts fan?

Yeah. I actually started out following a bunch of RBs. Priest Holmes, Mike Alstott and others in the early 2000s. Then I saw Manning and how he just owned the field and decided the Colts were my team. 

Just now, Solid84 said:

Yeah. I actually started out following a bunch of RBs. Priest Holmes, Mike Alstott and others in the early 2000s. Then I saw Manning and how he just owned the field and decided the Colts were my team. 

I have German students and understand football is pretty big there.  Is it like that in Denmark or is it just you and @ThorstenDenmarklol.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

I have German students and understand football is pretty big there.  Is it like that in Denmark or is it just you and @ThorstenDenmarklol.

People in all area's know who Peyton Manning is, that is what saved us as a franchise. Not knowing who Peyton is would be like someone not knowing Apollo Creed when he told Drago he would teach him to box american style Mike Tyson Boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People in all area's know who Peyton Manning is, that is what saved us as a franchise. Not knowing who Peyton is would be like someone not knowing Apollo Creed when he told Drago he would teach him to box american style Mike Tyson Boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

I'm just a dumb, poor, ignorant SouthWestern Indiana redneck Bestie.  I thought Paris was in Kentucky and Ireland was outside of Jasper. 

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

It’s grown A LOT over the last two decades and games are shown on TV on thursdays, sundays (2 games) and mondays. Still no where near soccer and handball in popularity though. 

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It’s grown A LOT over the last two decades and games are shown on TV on thursdays, sundays (2 games) and mondays. Still no where near soccer and handball in popularity though. 

Probably like soccer here then.  About 10 years ago the Premier League started being broadcast and soccer has higher participation rates than football in youth sports in America. Kids playing American football over there?  I've had a couple German exchange students that came here specifically to play high school football here.   I tried to be all chummy with them talking about soccer but they were way more into football. 

And that's the team handball that looks kinda like a basketball court?  Here handball if anyone knows it at all is a game played with a wall and raquetball like thing.

5 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Young might be as good as Tua.

Could be the same injury concerns because of his size

As far as I can tell there size doesn't have anything to do with Tua's issue.  Two godawful blows to the back of the head.  Terrible looking.  Tua is a tank.

Young is incredibly thin looking. Narrow too.  Have no idea how he'll do, but there has never been an NFL QB that short AND that slightly built that I can remember.  

If there was ever an era that a guy like Young could get by with a smaller build it's now though with the rules protecting QBs. 

16 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I'm just a dumb, poor, ignorant SouthWestern Indiana redneck Bestie.  I thought Paris was in Kentucky and Ireland was outside of Jasper. 

Then we've got Versailles and Milan in my neck of the woods... I affectionately refer to my area as IndyTucky. We've got hills, hillbillies, forests, farms and lots of Natties... We're basically Kentucky. Just in Indiana...

2 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

Would you guys trade the 4th pick for Fields if the Bears were to pick another QB at n1?

I know the Bears most likely will stick with Fields, but they have the 1st pick and 2-3 Qbs to choose from....Who knows

My brother-in-law just recently asked me that very question (he's a Bears Fan).

My answer was absolutely not. Even if we didn't like any of the other QBs at the top of the first.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Then we've got Versailles and Milan in my neck of the woods... I affectionately refer to my area as IndyTucky. We've got hills, hillbillies, forests, farms and lots of Natties... We're basically Kentucky. Just in Indiana...

Man there is a Versailles over in KY and they pronounce it Versales lol.   I always loved that.  

19 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I just watched Rocky beat Clubber who was 31-0 with 31 KO's (never went past 3 rounds- he was Mike Tyson before Tyson) and he knocked Rocky out in 2 rounds the 1st fight, although fictional anything is possible. Greatest movie ever made. Point to the story is, it took a great fighter/coach/trainer to get Rocky's head on straight (Apollo), we need a great coach to turn this nonsense around. Harbaugh, welcome to Indy signing season 3 GIF

14 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Probably like soccer here then.  About 10 years ago the Premier League started being broadcast and soccer has higher participation rates than football in youth sports in America. Kids playing American football over there?  I've had a couple German exchange students that came here specifically to play high school football here.   I tried to be all chummy with them talking about soccer but they were way more into football. 

And that's the team handball that looks kinda like a basketball court?  Here handball if anyone knows it at all is a game played with a wall and raquetball like thing.

There are a few football teams popping up here and there and they do draw spectators, but soccer in particular is just huge here and in Europe in general. 

Yeah, team handball. I guess the closest you get is basketball with a goal and a goalie instead of the hoop. 

When I was young you either played soccer or handball. Anything else was really niche. 

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You teach in one of the small redneck schools?  I do.  I want to maintain a little anonymity because of my honesty in posting lol so I won't say which one lol. 

6 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

Would you guys trade the 4th pick for Fields if the Bears were to pick another QB at n1?

I know the Bears most likely will stick with Fields, but they have the 1st pick and 2-3 Qbs to choose from....Who knows

I think I would.  Paired with JT.  But they'd have to fix the line though or it would be worthless.

Before the season, I was hoping they'd get a read option guy to see if that would work because I think our talent overall is weaker than a lot of other MB guys think.  

6 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

I think Ballard was really high on him. It’s just never a good sign when a team gives up on a young guy like that. I know I’d be asking myself what they know and why?

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Haha, yep I chill with the rural kids. 

Early dismissal today baby.  I'm off until Tuesday.  

had quizzes all day so I 've been extra busy posting ahem i mean working at my computer. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We do as well. And we pronounce Milan as Mai-lan instead of Mee-lawn. 

That some funny feces. 

16 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

No I would not.

I'm starting to get concerned with Fields and OSU Qbs in general.

I think they run their college spread offense and its clear Fields is still struggling to run a pro style offense.

He's not able to read a defense after a year which is why he runs so much which leads to injury.  Now, it is a little too soon to jump to conclusions about Fields, but hopefully he makes a big leap and starts throwing from the pocket more after year two.  Time will tell.

Dwayne Haskins had the same problem moving from the OSU spread to running a pro style offense.

I fear that Stroud will struggle as well.  It could be a couple of years before Stroud is any good if Fields progress is any indicator.

Archived