Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank texted Kirk after the comeback

chad72

2 hours ago, Dunk said:

Yeah Not only did we fire Frank this year, we were also responsible for taking away his  one bright shining moment as a NFL Qb.

Talk about kicking somebody when they're down!

I don't think Frank was kicked at all. In fact he made out like a bandit with the colts. 

A career backup as a player, A non distinguishing career as a assistant until the HC of the Eagles called the plays that often the OC does, which frank was with them when they won the super bowl.

Then he was a emergency hire as HC for the Colts when Josh McDaniels  left the Colts at the alter and all other top candidates were hired by other teams.. And often showed he wasn't the man for the job BUT irsay foolishly extended him anyway  instead of replacing him at $9 million per year for I think was  5 years. 

Let me repeat that, Frank Reich is being paid $9 million a year and about half of his contract will be paid for being at home!!!

I only wish I could be down and kicked that way. haha

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't think Frank was kicked at all. In fact he made out like a bandit with the colts. 

A career backup as a player, A non distinguishing career as a assistant until the HC of the Eagles called the plays that often the OC does, which frank was with them when they won the super bowl.

Then he was a emergency hire as HC for the Colts when Josh McDaniels  left the Colts at the alter and all other top candidates were hired by other teams.. And often showed he wasn't the man for the job BUT irsay foolishly extended him anyway  instead of replacing him at $9 million per year for I think was  5 years. 

Let me repeat that, Frank Reich is being paid $9 million a year and about half of his contract will be paid for being at home!!!

I only wish I could be down and kicked that way. haha

Me too, even several years of my wages for no output would be great.

I was trying to make a joke about how Frank also no longer has the come back record, and the team that allowed it to be broken, was the one that fired him a couple weeks ago.:thmup:

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why call it click bait?

It shows that Frank thinks of others and is a good man. 

I don't think the two viewpoints are mutually exclusive. Both of you can be right. I do think Reich is a good, classy man and he was congratulating the quarterback who broke his record. That happens all the time. But when I read the title, the first thought that came to mind is that the writer is insinuating that Reich was taking a shot at the Colts (meaning, clickbait). There is really nothing newsworthy about that. Perhaps it is just the way I saw it, but others may have seen it that way too.

My recollection of the Bills comeback led by Reich is that it was something much bigger than this latest comeback by the Vikings. I recall watching the game at home and assumed it was a  win for the Houston Oilers. I was shocked to see the Bills win it. It was a good game to watch.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think the two viewpoints are mutually exclusive. Both of you can be right. I do think Reich is a good, classy man and he was congratulating the quarterback who broke his record. That happens all the time. But when I read the title, the first thought that came to mind is that the writer is insinuating that Reich was taking a shot at the Colts (meaning, clickbait). There is really nothing newsworthy about that. Perhaps it is just the way I saw it, but others may have seen it that way too.

My recollection of the Bills comeback led by Reich is that it was something much bigger than this latest comeback by the Vikings. I recall watching the game at home and assumed it was a  win for the Houston Oilers. I was shocked to see the Bills win it. It was a good game to watch.

To me, it had to hurt Reich that his record was broken and against a team he recently coached. So it was big of him to put those aside and still congratulate him, at least that’s how I saw it. 

However his comeback came in a playoff game if I remember right, bigger circumstances. :) 

57 minutes ago, chad72 said:

To me, it had to hurt Reich that his record was broken and against a team he recently coached. So it was big of him to put those aside and still congratulate him, at least that’s how I saw it. 

However his comeback came in a playoff game if I remember right, bigger circumstances. :) 

Yes, very classy move. I guess he has the record for biggest comeback in a playoff game.  

In my mind that game had greater significance. It seemed that back then, those comebacks were nearly impossible. Most teams were run-first teams and preferred ball control. If any team could do it would have been the opponent, the Oilers, who ran a type of offense that led to quick points. I forgot the name of that offense. Gosh, I should know it. Lol. 

Edit:

"Run and Shoot" was the name of that offense.

Archived