Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Limit Increased [Merge]

MTC

Does the extra time to look at players really make that big a difference? In my mind it only gives some players false hope when they could be looking for another team.

Very true when you look at 37 people per team dropped times 32 teams minus PS alot of broken dreams.

So looking forward to training camp if the draft dont kill me.Anyone heard any news on training camp?

Well we had word in Anderson that the training camp will be at Anderson University again this year. They had a 5 year renewal yearly contract with the University. I will be working again this year at the camp so when we get any information I will pass it along on the forum.

The NFL has grown in scope with every passing season. It only makes sense the rosters would grow with the game.

The league has increased the offseason roster limit from 80 to 90 players, effective 4 p.m. ET Tuesday. The NFL's Management Council voted on the move Monday, according to league spokesman Greg Aiello.

A few notes:

The 90-man roster will include active, inactive, practice-squad, exempt and reserve-list players. It also will house unsigned draft choices and franchise free agents, per Aiello.

The NFL announced that the first roster cutdown deadline, from 90 to 75 players, is set for the third week of preseason games.

Not a surprise, but only the 51 highest-paid players count toward the salary cap, The Associated Press confirmed Monday.

What it means is that an additional 320 players have a chance to impress a coaching staff between Tuesday and late August. Considering the number of contributors and -- in some cases -- stars that emerged on the NFL landscape through unorthodox channels, it's a positive development for under-the-radar types -- and the fans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82889dda/article/nfl-increases-offseason-roster-limit-to-90-players?module=HP11_headline_stack

They talked about this, and I thought the proposal had come and gone. I'm actually pretty excited about this. It might only mean an extra 3 or 4 players for the average team to evaluate, because this includes all inactive and PUP players that you could ordinarily hide from the full roster. But that means a few more players for us to add to the fold in preseason. And the more players we can look at, the better.

Well we had word in Anderson that the training camp will be at Anderson University again this year. They had a 5 year renewal yearly contract with the University. I will be working again this year at the camp so when we get any information I will pass it along on the forum.

TYVM

Very true when you look at 37 people per team dropped times 32 teams minus PS alot of broken dreams.

Given your screen name I am not surprised this is the position you would take. But doesn't it also provide an additional 320 players an opportunity to prove themselves and potentially make a roster they would not have otherwise?