Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 9 NFL Gen gameday thread

w87r

• w87r changed the title to Week 9 NFL Gen gameday thread
11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

29-17

That is the Colts' SB 41 winning score :) 

Most likely HFA in the NFC for the Eagles. The question becomes when they are forced into a tight game against teams like the 49ers or Bucs who have been there before in the playoffs, how will they respond? 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Most likely HFA in the NFC for the Eagles. The question becomes when they are forced into a tight game against teams like the 49ers or Bucs who have been there before in the playoffs, how will they respond? 

I think the 49ers will come out of the NFC, remember this post but I will post it again as the season goes on. Jimmy G is a legit good QB, nothing great but good enough. Having said that, their team is loaded on offense and defense and they have a great coach.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the 49ers will come out of the NFC, remember this post but I will post it again as the season goes on. Jimmy G is a legit good QB, nothing great but good enough. Having said that, their team is loaded on offense and defense and they have a great coach.

CMC makes their intermediate game so much more dangerous, IMO. Now, teams can't just focus on Deebo and Kittle, the strength of Jimmy G is in the short to intermediate game, much like Brady during his playoff years to give you deaths by a thousand paper cuts :). Perfect match, CMC is, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

From top to bottom the NFC is not as good as the AFC.  Their schedule has been pretty soft. There are only 4 other teams in the NFC that have winning records and 2 of them are in their division. It has been a very strange year across the board. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

From top to bottom the NFC is not as good as the AFC.  Their schedule has been pretty soft. There are only 4 other teams in the NFC that have winning records and 2 of them are in their division. It has been a very strange year across the board. 

I am sure Patriots fans are rooting for them to lose so that they don't have an undefeated regular season. I anticipate it will happen at the Cowboys. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am sure Patriots fans are rooting for them to lose so that they don't have an undefeated regular season. I anticipate it will happen at the Cowboys. 

Agreed. They still have 2 games against the Giants and 1 more against the Cowboys. They also have 1 against the Titans. I don't believe at all they will go undefeated. Plus if they do make the superbowl I don't think they can handle the top teams of the AFC. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Agreed. They still have 2 games against the Giants and 1 more against the Cowboys. They also have 1 against the Titans. I don't believe at all they will go undefeated. Plus if they do make the superbowl I don't think they can handle the top teams of the AFC. 

They have the playmakers and the firepower. The question is, if they have to trail a whole bunch of times in a game against good teams, can they stick true to their run game and grind it out?

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They have the playmakers and the firepower. The question is, if they have to trail a whole bunch of times in a game against good teams, can they stick true to their run game and grind it out?

Lol, I may be under rating them. This has been such a strange year it's hard to be sure about anything. (the Colts over the Chiefs for example)

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am not sure who they will lose too but I can see them losing at least 2 or 3 games. They will lose at Dallas IMO and then probably lose a game that have no business losing. They aren't as great as the 2007 Pats or 2009 Colts. Those teams legit had a chance to go 19-0.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure who they will lose too but I can see them losing at least 2 or 3 games. They will lose at Dallas IMO and then probably lose a game that have no business losing. They aren't as great as the 2007 Pats or 2009 Colts. Those teams legit had a chance to go 19-0.

The Giants are the giant killer's. LOL 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I too, think 49ers will come out of the NFC. I also think Cowboys are more dangerous than the eagles.. but they need to win a playoff game before I can really take them seriously 

• Like 1

I would not mind a Bills-Vikings Super Bowl. It would be fun. The Bills will likely win. Diggs will be pumped up to beat his former team and show that he is better than JJ. Or that Josh Allen is a better QB than Kirk. I cannot see our defense stopping the Bills but ya never know. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I too, think 49ers will come out of the NFC. I also think Cowboys are more dangerous than the eagles.. but they need to win a playoff game before I can really take them seriously 

(Response from a Philly hometown girl…)

Angry Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF

American Horror Story Liar GIF

jk @Chrisaaron1023 you know I got mad love for ya! We can simply agree to disagree on your blasphemous statement lol 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

jk @Chrisaaron1023 you know I got mad love for ya! We can simply agree to disagree on your blasphemous statement lol 

I think people don't respect the Eagles or the Vikings. The Eagles have beaten everyone on their schedule, including the Vikings. 

I have to check San Francisco's schedule to see who their remaining non-division opponents are. I would not mind if they come out of the NFC if the Vikings don't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Ya know, I'm in the boat of anyone but the Pats, Bucs, or Titans haha. Any NFC can make it and I'll be just fine. But I think getting CMC will make a big difference for them. I don't know.. something about Philly just makes me think they will falter down the stretch.. and I'm sorry @NFLfan I just don't trust Kirk haha.. but like I said I'd be absolutely alright with any of those teams making it lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Ya know, I'm in the boat of anyone but the Pats, Bucs, or Titans haha. Any NFC can make it and I'll be just fine. But I think getting CMC will make a big difference for them. I don't know.. something about Philly just makes me think they will falter down the stretch.. and I'm sorry @NFLfan I just don't trust Kirk haha.. but like I said I'd be absolutely alright with any of those teams making it lol

Anyone who knows me well knows I am not a fan of Kirk but he is getting better.  He is doing more of what I like to see. He is not great at managing the game but he is better. (For example, he tended to throw deep passes when we need to kill time off the clock. He seems to be doing less of that.)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Can’t say I blame you lol… but I beg of you, please don’t use the city’s new stat just made yesterday as a measuring stick! (First town in history to lose two championships in the same night) :Cry: :groan:

Not that you wouldn’t have other examples to go off of haha

• NFLfan featured this topic
1 hour ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Can’t say I blame you lol… but I beg of you, please don’t use the city’s new stat just made yesterday as a measuring stick! (First town in history to lose two championships in the same night) :Cry: :groan:

Sorry about that. Which other team lost besides the Phillies?

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry about that. Which other team lost besides the Phillies?

Philadelphia Union lost the MLS championship final game. :( I don’t watch much soccer but I’m always happy when the Union makes it far.  Was rooting for them to win it all.  Pretty depressing for Philly peeps yesterday ugh.  I know they will really be riding the Eagles tide now for as long as possible!

22 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Philadelphia Union lost the MLS championship final game. :( I don’t watch much soccer but I’m always happy when the Union makes it far.  Was rooting for them to win it all.  Pretty depressing for Philly peeps yesterday ugh.  I know they will really be riding the Eagles tide now for as long as possible!

Thank you for letting me know. That sucks. I'm a Mets fan. The Phillies often beat us. (Thankfully Pat Burrell is retired. He gave me agita whenever he came up to the plate for Philly. Utley too but Utley was a great player.)

Hopefully they both have good seasons again next year. The Eagles continue to play well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I'm a Yankees fan so i was definitely pulling for Philly!

• Like 1