Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Player Available

HarassedOffTheSite

http://www.colts.com...5b-51e6153b17d6

After the Grigs interview it is clear we're going BPA instead of drafting for need. He also said he is over NFL Free Agency and that he likes to draft guys that "you don't have to worry about when you're not watching". And he sounds comfortable with our Oline and our situation at NT.

It is going to be interesting seeing who rates where on our board and what we end up with both from the draft and Undrafted Free Agents.

1.Luck

2.Janoris Jenkins ( a good near shutdown Corner which we desperately need

3.AJ Jenkins, Sanu, Criner, best available

4.Ladarius Green tight end who in my opinion is every bit as good as Fleener

5.Streeter

5.Akiem Hicks

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Linebacker

7.another pass catching tight end for a two tight end set option

1.Luck

5.Streeter

5.Akiem Hicks

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Linebacker

Yeah, I actually like that. Will Streeter last to the 5th?

Yeah, I actually like that. Will Streeter last to the 5th?

Im prayin, I dont understand why more dont like Ladarius Green, hes better then what most think and this isnt a strong Tight End class, yes Fleener is good but he is so high in my opinion because of Luck made him better, Im 100 percent certain we can get a solid wide receiver in the third but if we pass on Jenkins then we will be looking at project Corners in my opinion, its risk versus reward with Jenkins, the reward is worth that risk

Good mock

1.Luck

5.Streeter

5.Akiem Hicks

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Linebacker

Good mock, but, like you said, Grigson will have other ideas. His comments make it seem like he isn't sold on Jenkins. :pullhair: I especially like the Green and Streeter picks... weapons for the future.

Good Draft Gavin.. I too believe if Jenkins is there we need to really think about getting him.. having a shutdown will also help keep the D off the field especially going up against the QB's we will be seeing this year..

I do like Green @ TE.. Love Hicks @ NT I think he is a huge Sleeper..

got us WR/TE and more protection for Luck .. if we can get these should make for a VERY Good Year

...Grigson will have other ideas. His comments make it seem like he isn't sold on Jenkins.

That was my impression. When he said he wanted guys that he did not have to worry about when he wasn't looking, I thought....there went Jenkins & Adams. But we will see. If enough character turds fall into later rounds, maybe they'll be worth the risk there.

That was my impression. When he said he wanted guys that he did not have to worry about when he wasn't looking, I thought....there went Jenkins & Adams. But we will see. If enough character turds fall into later rounds, maybe they'll be worth the risk there.

Agree as hopefully it'll be a wake-up call for the athletes to re-visit their life issues.

While Jenkins sounds like a performer, his off field stuff is pretty lame. Personally, I pass in favor of a guy who has the intelligence to not get into bad situations off the field. We don't need a Pacman on this team.

this is indiana not south beach so maybe that will help jenkins but really jenkins and mcafee can swim with each other in the canal

Agree as hopefully it'll be a wake-up call for the athletes to re-visit their life issues.

Yeah but it rarely is. They stay turds...the gamble is trying to gauge just how quickly you'll get tired of the smell and mitigating the size of the flush required to get rid of them. The rookie wage scale might make them worth it.

Yeah but it rarely is. They stay turds...the gamble is trying to gauge just how quickly you'll get tired of the smell and mitigating the size of the flush required to get rid of them. The rookie wage scale might make them worth it.

Again agree but by falling it means $$$$$$ and money talks. Just saying many need a wake-up call and if this is it then fine. Unfortuneatly some need a life changing experience to prioritize their life styles and is it worth the risk for our team? Have a great day all!

http://www.colts.com...5b-51e6153b17d6

After the Grigs interview it is clear we're going BPA instead of drafting for need. He also said he is over NFL Free Agency and that he likes to draft guys that "you don't have to worry about when you're not watching". And he sounds comfortable with our Oline and our situation at NT.

It is going to be interesting seeing who rates where on our board and what we end up with both from the draft and Undrafted Free Agents.

Forget best player availbale..

we have to draft a receiver or tight end..(and more than one)

We are VERY thin at those positions..

this is indiana not south beach so maybe that will help jenkins but really jenkins and mcafee can swim with each other in the canal

The only problem I have with this statement is that it doesn't keep Jenkins for using his male parts to continue doing stupid things he shouldn't. I don't know if I'd see a problem with a later pick, but for the Colts, pick 2 is basically just a late first rounder. If we pick him up at the top of three, that's fine, but using our 2 on him would be a bigger risk than they should take.

If you look at Ryan Mallet, he dropped a good amount after a simple drug rumor. Jenkins has both drugs and several baby mommas to his credit. For me, while he has talent, so does/did Pacman. If he gets in trouble and removed from the field for any number of games, he isn't doing the team any good.

There are receivers and TEs throughout the draft. If there is a prospect that they feel can wind up being a Ray Lewis or Haloti Ngata on this defense, they should, without question, draft that guy over a position of need.

All in all, I'd guess that our needs will be addressed, and they will value some guys higher than others, but if they draft defense in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with it. We have needs everywhere.

1.Luck

5.Streeter

5.Akiem Hicks

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Linebacker

a 'near shutdown corner'?

I learned a new phrase today. :banana:

We are thin at TE, but we're just uncertain at WR.

BPA is the WTG.

Don't worry, the spots will be filled, even if you have to display your wares in TC.

a 'near shutdown corner'?

I learned a new phrase today. :banana:

he could very well be that type of Corner he is the best Corner in the draft right their with Claiborne he addresses a huge need while adding alot of talent #1 Corner talent on the Colts Corner depth chart

he could very well be that type of Corner he is the best Corner in the draft right their with Claiborne he addresses a huge need while adding alot of talent #1 Corner talent on the Colts Corner depth chart

Until he sits out a season for smoking dope or beating one of his baby mommas. The problem with a guy like Jenkins is you may get 3-4 good years out of him, and then you re-sign him to a massive deal (most good CBs get them), and then he goes out and does something stupid that gets him suspended. It's extremely possible with this guy. Just as it is possible and likely with Aqib Talib.

I'd take a Ladarius Webb type any day of the week over that, as, from what I was able to google, nothing comes up about character concerns with that guy. We need players we can count on 16 games a season. I don't see Jenkins being that.

Until he sits out a season for smoking dope or beating one of his baby mommas. The problem with a guy like Jenkins is you may get 3-4 good years out of him, and then you re-sign him to a massive deal (most good CBs get them), and then he goes out and does something stupid that gets him suspended. It's extremely possible with this guy. Just as it is possible and likely with Aqib Talib. I'd take a Ladarius Webb type any day of the week over that, as, from what I was able to google, nothing comes up about character concerns with that guy. We need players we can count on 16 games a season. I don't see Jenkins being that.

^^^^^^^^^^Zactly^^^^^^^^^^

But you all go ahead and draft your "project corner' so we are in this same position next year

Grigs brought him (Jenkins) in for a sit down so you never know. His comments during the pre-draft news conference were more than likely laced with a little bit of misdirection/subterfuge so....maybe the comment about wanting guys he did not have to worry about was part of that.

Grigs brought him (Jenkins) in for a sit down so you never know. His comments during the pre-draft news conference were more than likely laced with a little bit of misdirection/subterfuge so....maybe the comment about wanting guys he did not have to worry about was part of that.

very well possible. I mean I certainly understand the risk involved but its just a risk versus reward situation

very well possible. I mean I certainly understand the risk involved but its just a risk versus reward situation

exactly. And I've said it a thousand times...the best ability is availability. He can't do much for us if he's in jail or suspended. With his past, I can only imagine it gets worse when you throw money at him.

exactly. And I've said it a thousand times...the best ability is availability. He can't do much for us if he's in jail or suspended. With his past, I can only imagine it gets worse when you throw money at him.

it could but it could work out I see it that it could go either way, and maybe if I could guarantee he will fall to the 3rd Id wait till then (but no later), I would actually prefer that if it was a lock he would fall that far and take wide receiver in the second cause that is also a big need for us (not the biggest but one of the top 4) wow I dont feel confident in our team at this point saying that

At the end of the day Grig's Board will be the determining factor. And that board is set. Grigs said his board had the player's name and the red flags regarding that player immediately next to him. We'll see if Jenkins' or anyone else's push them past our selections.

Pretty exciting stuff.

I'm a dork.

it could but it could work out I see it that it could go either way, and maybe if I could guarantee he will fall to the 3rd Id wait till then (but no later), I would actually prefer that if it was a lock he would fall that far and take wide receiver in the second cause that is also a big need for us (not the biggest but one of the top 4) wow I dont feel confident in our team at this point saying that

I'd feel a little better taking him in the 3rd, but I'm sure there would be other prospects sitting there that could contribute just as much that would be 100% less headache.

At the end of the day Grig's Board will be the determining factor. And that board is set. Grigs said his board had the player's name and the red flags regarding that player immediately next to him. We'll see if Jenkins' or anyone else's push them past our selections.

Pretty exciting stuff.

I'm a dork.

exciting team for the team and fans for sure, also I wasnt trying to start a full on argument just a debate, you made some good points but I think I did as well

exciting team for the team and fans for sure, also I wasnt trying to start a full on argument just a debate, you made some good points but I think I did as well

Oh nah, I didn't take it that way. We're all talking about stuff that we're hyped about. I never sensed anything personal or unreasonable about anything you're saying.

I feel for the Mods over the next two weeks though. People are going to be amped up. haha

Until he sits out a season for smoking dope or beating one of his baby mommas. The problem with a guy like Jenkins is you may get 3-4 good years out of him, and then you re-sign him to a massive deal (most good CBs get them), and then he goes out and does something stupid that gets him suspended. It's extremely possible with this guy. Just as it is possible and likely with Aqib Talib.

I'd take a Ladarius Webb type any day of the week over that, as, from what I was able to google, nothing comes up about character concerns with that guy. We need players we can count on 16 games a season. I don't see Jenkins being that.

^ lol

there should be an "ldi0t factor" on teh scouting reports that reflects the probability that this guy would throw away a career in the NFL for something stupid.

or they can just call it the "vick factor".

see if vick watched film instead of fighting pits he could be a decent pocket passer and not have 2 broken ribs for half the season.

/rawr.

Something to consider for the "draft for need" crowd.

Consider what the actual need is.

We're in a division full of teams with good running attacks. If there is a team "need" it is the need to stop the run....which would call for Dline and Linebacker over DBs.

we could potentialyly (not likely cause ya never know how the draft will go) but could take care of a lot of needs and get talent as well

if we went

1.Luck which thats already been announced

2.Janoris Jenkins (yes I know a risk) but a huge need

3.AJ Jenkins, Sanu, Criner, one should be available

4.Ladarius Green who I think is underrated especiallly given the fact that Green has better numbers than Fleener

5.Akiem Hicks could go between Nose Tackle and Defensive End if needed

5.Tommy Streeter

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Blatnick

7.Wide receiver

all could potentially add good talent while taking care of needs

Thoughts?

we could potentialyly (not likely cause ya never know how the draft will go) but could take care of a lot of needs and get talent as well if we went 1.Luck 2.Janoris Jenkins...all could potentially add good talent while taking care of needs

haha Brother you're typing in an echo chamber or something. In response to my post you still fixate on CB and Jenkins. If we draft for need, CB is not the biggest. If we draft for best player available....odds are that Jenkins will not be that guy as a result of his off-field issues and especially given Grigs comments regarding the type of players he wants.

I get it....you REALLY want a CB...but in a division with less than spectacular QBs (I'm in Virginia....Shaub sp? is anything but spectacular) and very good ground games...the "need" probably leans more towards DLine & LBs. The focus is to win the division, right? That means defending against the run.