Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Player Available

HarassedOffTheSite

we could potentialyly (not likely cause ya never know how the draft will go) but could take care of a lot of needs and get talent as well

if we went

1.Luck which thats already been announced

2.Janoris Jenkins (yes I know a risk) but a huge need

3.AJ Jenkins, Sanu, Criner, one should be available

4.Ladarius Green who I think is underrated especiallly given the fact that Green has better numbers than Fleener

5.Akiem Hicks could go between Nose Tackle and Defensive End if needed

5.Tommy Streeter

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Blatnick

7.Wide receiver

all could potentially add good talent while taking care of needs

Thoughts?

Nice. Although it's pretty clear from what Grigson said that we're not going after Jenkins. It's going to be very interesting to see who pulls the trigger on him. I like your 3-6 picks.

your not getting my whole point, those players would take care of the D-Line. provide depth at Guard, talent at Wide Receiver, a shut down Corner (we still have to contend with Andre Johnson twice a year and , we have linebackers we could get Blatnick in the late rounds (another run stuffer in him) and a deep threat wide receiver in the 3rd round thats our needs, an argument can be made that if we go for best player available then we will have to settle, who would you go for?

Nice. Although it's pretty clear from what Grigson said that we're not going after Jenkins. It's going to be very interesting to see who pulls the trigger on him. I like your 3-6 picks.

yeah just trying to add talent and fill needs at same time, for some reason some people dont get that alot of those players will be available to us given ouir pick positioning in each round

your not getting my whole point

???

Yes I am.

Your point is if we are drafting for need, then CB is the need and Jenkins is the best one there. But if for BPA -and- Jenkins is there, he is still the guy.

But Jenkins is neither the best player available if he is there and IMO CB is not the biggest need (because we don't need a CB to stop MJD, Chris Johnson or Arian Foster). So regardless of how we approach the draft, Jenkins more than likely does not get selected.

I know we dont need a Corner to stop him but we are in a passing league now, whos going to stop that? Powers? Im still waiting for that one and he is our number 1 Corner at the moment, We picked up Redding and Mckinney, which granted hes probably not going to be our starter opening day but we probably arent going to be able to get a top defensive tackle by the time our second pick roles around, we can easily get a Ta'amu in the 4th, Hicks in the 5th, Baptiste 6th any number of those defensive lineman, if we get any corner after Jenkins were looking at another project Corner and how many do we have of those? now we do need offensive line help pretty bad, I would love to see what Grigson has on his board

I know we dont need a Corner to stop him but we are in a passing league now...

That is a secondary consideration. We are in a running division. And winning the division is the first goal.So if the issue is drafting for "need"...CB is not at the top of the list.

We picked up Redding and Mckinney, which granted hes probably not going to be our starter opening day but we probably arent going to be able to get a top defensive tackle by the time our second pick roles around

That is fine. Then we take the BPA. And Jenkins is not that guy. Now if the BPA happens to be a CB, I am cool with that because it will be in keeping with what Grigson says he wants to do. But given Jenkins lack of character and his track record, he should not be considered a BPA until somewhere in or after the 4th round IMO.

Now we do need offensive line help pretty bad, I would love to see what Grigson has on his board

Not according to Grigson. But I would definitely rather pick great line guys over great CBs.

Going to have heart failure before the draft.Geez with Polians i was never this excited because their draft board was so far in left field you never had a chance to guess.Swear the Polians used dartboards or dice to decide picks.Now with Grigs and Pags this first draft could mean jobs already.Grigs Pags pull a Santa all niter check that list more than twice and get her right.