Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Crazy but could work...

TimetobringDfence!

1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

uncountable... just know we don't have our QB and I would like to see us build our team the best as possible till we can get him. I'd be okay with cutting Carson and letting Ehlinger running it a year if we don't do great we draft our guy in 23... we got to save money somewhere. I can't believe the money Stewart makes. That is unacceptable...

I’m not going to debate the Stewart deal because it’s my least favorite deal that Ballard has given out.  

But cutting Wentz and going with Ehlinger is not happening.   There’s no guarantee that we’d get the guy we’d want in 23.   So, we’d have a terrible 22 season followed by a terrible 23 season, and still not sure we’d be ready to win in 24.    That’s a Big Gamble that I think Irsay is just not ready to make.  

We want to win ASAP.   Ballard and Frank have to figure out best how to do that. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

The people who understand football know what he means for this dline.    

Really?

You think a one dimensional  NT who can’t rush the passer is worth $10 mill a year?   Not me.    I thought it was a head scratcher when the deal was done,  and nothing has changed since.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im not saying I don’t like him or want him replaced.   I’m saying I don’t see a $10 million dollar per year player. 

According to that article he is one of the better 1 tech's in the game.       He earned his money last yr and I think once the contract plays out it will seem like a great deal.     He's 14th among interior dline   Hes young and getting has a lot of upside 

Goes along with everything Ballard preaches. Pay your own players.     He is very loyal to his players.  Loyal isnt the right word.  But you get it 

On 1/21/2022 at 8:55 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

Cut Wentz... Trade Nelson, Hines, and Moore for Jimmy G, Kittle, and a 3rd/4th rd pick... Resign Pryor, Reed, Rhodes

(if cheaper), MAC get Godwin and Mathieu via FA

OFF

QB Garappolo 

OL Pryor Reed Kelly Glow Smith

TE Kittle, MAC, Granson

WR MPJ, Godwin(FA), Strachan, Pascal, Dulin, Draftees

RB JT, Mack, Jackson

DEF

DL Paye, DeFo, Stewart, Lewis

Muhammed, Dayo, Rochell, Turay

LB Leonard, Okereke, Speed, Franklin, Glasgow 

CB1 RYS 2 Rhodes Nickle Rogers 

CB depth Chachere, FA/Draftee

SS Willis, Blackmon

FS Mathieu(FA), Odum 

Would give us 9 picks with comps...

I doubt the Niner would trade Kittle for Nelson and Moore. I know,I wouldn't

25 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

According to that article he is one of the better 1 tech's in the game.       He earned his money last yr and I think once the contract plays out it will seem like a great deal.     He's 14th among interior dline   Hes young and getting has a lot of upside 

Goes along with everything Ballard preaches. Pay your own players.     He is very loyal to his players.  Loyal isnt the right word.  But you get it 

You don’t have to explain Ballard or his philosophy.   Few here admire him more.   I understand the idea of paying your own players.   But at some point, you can only go so far.   Stewart made a nice jump in 2021.  I’d like to see more before I’m sold. 

29 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He had 1 sack again and only 7 pressures this season. It would help our D a LOT to have a better player in his spot. lol

Vita Vea is  NT   signed a 4 yr 71 million contact.  He had 4 sacks this yr.    And that is the most in his career.   He has had 11.5 sacks in 4 years.  Grover has been the starter for the last 3 yrs with 4.5 sacks 

NT  is there to clog the middle stop the run and free up the 3 tech and DE's for pressure.      He does just that.    We just need some more experience on the edges.  and I think that is going to improve next yr with Paye getting more experience.  

Archived