Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

“We will learn from this”

carmelcolt

Not sure about everyone else but I am so sick of this phrase coming from coaches(Frank Reich) yesterday to various colt players after defeats this season. Why keep saying that and treating fans like they are ignorant. These coaches  and players have been playing or coaching these games all their lives. What are you going to learn , that you stunk  up the field Sunday? As much as I’m not a Steelers fan , I do enjoy Mike Tomlin after a defeat, it’s usuallly “ we played horrible , we stunk today” and he usually blames himself first . I’m just saying I wish Indy would quit saying “ we will learn” cause apparently they haven’t.

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

What drives me nuts is always giving the credit to the other team after after the Colts lose. Reich always says let’s give credit to jags or whatever team we lose to.

He should have said: "While chopping wood, we cut our own foot off." Closer to the truth?

i dont know about yall but that meeting Isray had with CB and frank i'm not buying it one bit. I bet you a million dollars they talked about everything except what really needs to be discussed. why you ask? because the fact that frank could tell the media that we walked out of there with lots of positives instead of we walked outta there with things to think about already has me * off. I love our owner but dang it he already tried this nonsense with grigson and pags and IT DID NOT WORK!!!! so whyyyy do this crap again to us....

8 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i dont know about yall but that meeting Isray had with CB and frank i'm not buying it one bit. I bet you a million dollars they talked about everything except what really needs to be discussed. why you ask? because the fact that frank could tell the media that we walked out of there with lots of positives instead of we walked outta there with things to think about already has me * off. I love our owner but dang it he already tried this nonsense with grigson and pags and IT DID NOT WORK!!!! so whyyyy do this crap again to us....

There were obvious indicators of problems throughout the season. Yes, some were beyond the team's control, but many weren't. How did they not get addressed?

"We will learn from this"........Lol, I'd say we've learned plenty. 

Still can't run (or defend) a screen pass

3rd and 14 - still calls that screen pass 

3rd and 7 - throws a 4 yard pass to a covered WR 

Continues to call run up the middle into a stacked box for the 3rd time in a row 

Opposing team is 3rd and 11 - better give those WR's a 13 yard cushion 

Can't get pressure with 4 DL - keeps using that model all year

You think they’d have learned from the Jags game last year. Or the Raiders game a week prior. Or the Ravens game earlier this season. Or even from the regularly occurring bad first halves. But one thing Reich doesn’t seem to do well is learn from failure. If doing the same thing over and over doesn’t work, you have to change something. He virtually had to be shamed by fans and the media into letting Taylor carry the load when it should  have been obvious to anybody watching the games.

Do you fans not understand this was a LEARNING season and this is why im not that upset with the season ending but just the way it did end.  Theres lots of things that were learned and lots of positioves and plenty of negatives. Unlike some fans on here alot of people like to point out the positives even though we know or are LEARNING the negatives. Some of that is known and now its time to correct them. 

I'm thinking alot of Wentz problems are MENTAL after all he has been through with philly and then the way this year started. He has some mechanics he needs to work on also but he for sure needs to be mentally switched and have faith and confidence in himself. 

Just rememeber we could be the jags, lions ect constantly drafting at the top and Still stinking the NFL UP . ( yes i know we lost to the jags) and this is the NFL any given sunday and no game is a guaranteed.  

Archived