Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next few games for Cooper Kupp and Jonathan Taylor might give them MVP nods

chad72

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After Tom's Donut tonight, JT may win MVP! We need to run the table for him to get it and he gets 100 Yards in the last 3 games.

Its still a long shot for JT.  

It’s still incredibly rare for a RB to win MVP.   I think it’s happened once in roughly the last 20 years or so.  (Adrian Peterson). Otherwise, it’s a QB driven league.  

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s still incredibly rare for a RB to win MVP.   I think it’s happened once in roughly the last 20 years or so.  (Adrian Peterson). Otherwise, it’s a QB driven league.  

Yeah it is a QB award but you never know. This is fun watching this ride though :thmup:

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Didn't LT and Shaun Alexander win MVP as well?

I think Aaron Rodgers is the favorite for MVP, especially since the Packers have won their division. Quarterbacks most often are first. 

IMO Cooper Kupp and Jonathan Taylor are practically tied for second choice as MVP.  They are clearly in the running for  OPOY. The next three games will determine how things work out. 

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure if they did on the last 20 years?

If KT did, it would’ve been in the 80’s.   If SA did, I think it would’ve been in the 90’s. 

Shaun Alexander won MVP as Seahawks RB in 2005, and LT won MVP as Chargers RB in 2006, Adrian Peterson as you know in 2012.

That is 3 RBs in a span of 8 years. :) 

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Shaun Alexander won MVP as Seahawks RB in 2005, and LT won MVP as Chargers RB in 2006, Adrian Peterson as you know in 2012.

That is 3 RBs in a span of 8 years. :) 

Oh, sorry.    I feel silly. 

When I saw the letters LT, my mind went to Lawrence Taylor.   That’s why I went to the 80’s and 90’s.   That’s what happens when you’re in your mid-60’s like me!!     :giveup:

Thanks for the correction. 

I'm of the belief that if the Colts win 2 of 3 and make the playoffs . Taylor will be the favorite if he finishes well. Just thinking that a lot of voters are a bit sick of Brady and Rodgers. JT is a breath of fresh air and I have a feeling they will like voting for him. But he needs to have a big finish to the season.

I think it will be a QB winning it again.

A couple things I think work against JT:

He and Kupp will both be in the conversation.   In a way, they will split the votes from voters not voting QB.  

JT would probably not be leading the league in rushing if Henry did not get hurt.   Using Henry's averages for this season, he'd have 1,756 yards and 18 TD's.   Of course it could be more or less than that.  Probably not 200 less to be at JT's level.  

It would be nice to see someone other than a QB win the MVP but I doubt that will happen.  Seems like the media is leaning towards Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes.  If these three guys are in the conversation I don't know why somebody like Stafford isn't in the conversation.  He really has very good stats and is leading his team in a great way.  Not sure why Kupp would be in the conversation and not Stafford.

Anyway - I love what both JT and Kupp are doing this year.  But I only see one of those 2 getting a shot at MVP if all 3 of the guys above tank the rest of the way.

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Paye said:

I have a feeling they'll give it to Aaron Rodgers again.

The only thing that could hurt that is media is the one that votes. He lied to the media about bring vaccinated. They could give it to Taylor and give Rodgers offensive player. Colts will have to make playoffs for Taylor to have a chance. 

Just like stacked boxes, eventually teams have to give Kupp the DaVante Adams treatment putting 2 DBs on him (sometimes even 2 CBs) because he finds a way to get open and give a window for his QB to throw the ball. Will he get 20 TDs, a feat only Jerry Rice and Randy Moss have done? He is sitting on 14 TDs.

Archived