Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

37 Players Tested Today

King Colt

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Are you serious?    The players union is trying to protect its members.   They’re fully informed.   The players are not.   Or do you think Carson Wentz is sitting at home every night going online doing more homework on the vaccine.    That quite looks more ridiculous with each passing day. 

That that players want to play is hardly a surprise.    It’s obvious.   

But the union works for the players.     They should be fighting for what their employers want,  not what they think is best.     Unfortunately most unions these days are all like that

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

A follow up.    I’m sure you didn’t mean it that way, but the line about Covid has only killed less than 1 percent of the population….   I find it deeply offensive.   I don’t want to ever minimize the loss of 800,000 Americans. 

Woukd you say what is the big deal about 9/11?    Only 3,000 died there. 

The less than 1 percent line is an anti-vaxx talking point.   From the same people who politicized science.   Politicized Covid.   Politicized masks.   Politicized social distancing.   This is the reason the nation continues with this mess.   Because roughly 35 percent of the population put their own needs, wants, beliefs and ignorance ahead of the good of the entire country.    The minority has ruined things for the majority.   The minority has ruined things for everyone.   The most selfish display in American history. 

Gonna be honest,   I think slavery was far more selfish

One game moved to Monday another to Tuesday. Will they move one to Thursday if more players test positive the day before their new dates?!! While the disadvantages are obvious all persons directly involved should accept this as a most unusual year and get on with the games. I wonder what impact this new variance will have on the bowl games. One new item today said it is spreading at a rate 70X previous variances.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A follow up.    I’m sure you didn’t mean it that way, but the line about Covid has only killed less than 1 percent of the population….   I find it deeply offensive.   I don’t want to ever minimize the loss of 800,000 Americans. 

Woukd you say what is the big deal about 9/11?    Only 3,000 died there. 

The less than 1 percent line is an anti-vaxx talking point.   From the same people who politicized science.   Politicized Covid.   Politicized masks.   Politicized social distancing.   This is the reason the nation continues with this mess.   Because roughly 35 percent of the population put their own needs, wants, beliefs and ignorance ahead of the good of the entire country.    The minority has ruined things for the majority.   The minority has ruined things for everyone.   The most selfish display in American history. 

I apologize if I offended you, you are right I didn't mean that the death of 800,000 american's should be minimized (glad you realize that I didn't mean that). This is why I try to use my words carefully when I post. It is bad I agree. What happened on 9/11 is also a different topic, those people were murdered, that was a brutal crime and of course awful. My main point was if a player is vaccinated and is asymptomatic he should be able to play. Otherwise why get vaccinated if someone doesn't want to?. I am sure there are players that didn't want to get Vax'd but got it so there chances of playing were around 100%. The players that were for getting Vax'd were probably thinking good, I am good to go - should be no problems.

I am definitely not anti-vax'd otherwise I wouldn't of got my 2 shots. I got the Pfizer, got it to protect myself from the Covid-19 Virus but also got it just in case my work place requires it. I also got it because when I visit my mom, I just feel better being around her but she is also Vax'd. She and the fact I didn't want to run into any problems with my workplace is why I got Vax'd. If I was an NFL player I would be angry being Vax'd but not allowed to play if I wasn't sick.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just woke up for a few to make sure Wentz or Leonard weren't positive. Looks like we are good to go.

They still will be tested tomorrow before the game because they aren’t vaccinated.  Hopefully this changed to what Jones says here so all we have to worry about is the unvaccinated. Monday has me worried when all the vaccinated will be tested.

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Just saw on GMFB they are close to a agreement to stop testing vaccinated players unless they symptoms.

All I wanted was players to be able to play if Vax'd if they were positive asymptomatic. Only makes sense. The NFL agree's with me and most people do. Sometimes in here it takes a lot to get your point across to some and you post things that look off or that are misunderstood, it is what it is. I have the NFL backing my opinions and that says a lot. barack obama mic drop GIF

Good news about these rules is we don’t have to worry about vaccinated players at all now unless they start showing symptoms. No more weekly tests. 

Saw a tweet from the browns media today and Anthony Walker who just came off the list joked if he had the symptoms he had his dad still would of sent him to school. Players even find these testing protocols stupid.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:12 PM, Wentzszn said:

Good news about these rules is we don’t have to worry about vaccinated players at all now unless they start showing symptoms. No more weekly tests. 

Saw a tweet from the browns media today and Anthony Walker who just came off the list joked if he had the symptoms he had his dad still would of sent him to school. Players even find these testing protocols stupid.

Of all the arguments to be made, I find the fact that the players think some rules are stupid to be the weakest one.    Especially when the players union, which clearly knows better,  doesn’t agree with them. 

This also tells me that "asymptomatic" and "transmissibility" is a bigger problem with Omicron than hospitalizations and deaths, when compared to Delta, based on the data so far. That does make international travel worrisome, even if you are vaccinated. Airports don't stop testing for vaccinated folks just because they don't show symptoms.

For the NFL, however, testing symptomatic folks makes more sense.

Just now, chad72 said:

This also tells me that "asymptomatic" and "transmissibility" is a bigger problem with Omicro than hospitalizations and deaths, when compared to Delta, based on the data so far. That does make international travel worrisome, even if you are vaccinated. Airports don't stop testing for vaccinated folks just because they don't show symptoms.

For the NFL, however, testing symptomatic folks makes more sense.

If it doesn’t produce serious illness then it’s not a big deal. They should be able to play.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If it doesn’t produce serious illness then it’s not a big deal. They should be able to play.

It shouldn't be a big deal, I agree. But then the "asymptomatic can also spread it" theory perpetuated (won't go into it too much) is either ignored or falls flat on its face when it comes to a private organization making money. However I have always believed that corporations and organizations should be left to make their own rules, not mandated by the government, like the NFL is doing here.

Such a touchy subject, this Virus is something we just have to deal with. It is here and isn't going away unfortunately. It is awful so many people have suffered from this - downright sad. I would say get your shots and keep living life the best you can. I still do believe if a player has had their shots and is asymptomatic they should be allowed to play, JMO.

Archived