Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

37 Players Tested Today

King Colt

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid said defensive lineman Chris Jones will be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. With Kansas City playing the Chargers on Thursday, Jones' availability for Week 15 is now in doubt.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-injury-updates-latest-league-news-from-tuesday-dec-14

That's huge.  Chargers may have one less problem to worry about Thursday night.

Browns 

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid said defensive lineman Chris Jones will be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. With Kansas City playing the Chargers on Thursday, Jones' availability for Week 15 is now in doubt.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-injury-updates-latest-league-news-from-tuesday-dec-14

That's huge.  Chargers may have one less problem to worry about Thursday night.

Except Slater is on the covid list too so it might be a wash.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Why the spike all of a sudden?  Colder weather?  Family gatherings?

Aliens from space?

Inquiring minds would like to know…

Winter. If you notice the western warm states and the south cases are going down. Their season tends to be in warm months. The Midwest and colder states are having a spike with winter coming. Thanksgiving maybe but that was two weeks ago. We would of seen that spike a week ago. So not sure it’s that. 

Another thing is vaccines could be wearing off for players that got them early in the spring and they might need boosters.

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Why the spike all of a sudden?  Colder weather?  Family gatherings?

Aliens from space?

Inquiring minds would like to know…

There’s a new Winter Wave.   This has been expected.    The Delta variant is still strong and now there’s the new variant called Omicron.    And the country is only roughly 61 percent fully vaxxed.    Bad combination. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There’s a new Winter Wave.   This has been expected.    The Delta variant is still strong and now there’s the new variant called Omicron.    And the country is only roughly 61 percent fully vaxxed.    Bad combination. 

Something else is that last season everything was shut down. Players didn’t go out to dinner or do recreational stuff. Everything is open now and players are living their lives. These last two days have been worse then anything last season.  

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Something else is that last season everything was shut down. Players didn’t go out to dinner or do recreational stuff. Everything is open now and players are living their lives. These last two days have been worse then anything last season.  

Very good points.   Thanks for making them.   100 percent true.   It’s a different world than 12 months ago, for better, and worse. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Very good points.   Thanks for making them. 
100 percent true.   It’s a different world than 12 months ago, for better, and worse. 

We are just going to have to hold our breath it doesn’t bite us at the wrong time. Rams coach today said every player put on the list today for their team was vaccinated. Sounds like players need to get the  booster who had their vaccine back in the early spring.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We are just going to have to hold our breath it doesn’t bite us at the wrong time. Rams coach today said every player put on the list today for their team was vaccinated. Sounds like players need to get the  booster who had their vaccine back in the early spring.

Yes….  I’m sure they’re vaccinated.   But also suspect the players have not gotten the booster yet.    Because most Americans haven’t gotten the booster yet.   We’re behind the curve.    And even the booster isn’t a 100 percent guarantee.   No vaccine is.   But it will increase the odds if you get Covid, the symptoms will be more mild, and the chances of hospitalizations it even possible death will go way down.   

Im with you.   Have to hope our players remain vigilant and smart.   

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes….  I’m sure they’re vaccinated.   But also suspect the players have not gotten the booster yet.    Because most Americans haven’t gotten the booster yet.   We’re behind the curve.    And even the booster isn’t a 100 percent guarantee.   No vaccine is.   But it will increase the odds if you get Covid, the symptoms will be more mild, and the chances of hospitalizations it even possible death will go way down.   

Im with you.   Have to hope our players remain vigilant and smart.   

Well on Instagram a ton of our players have been in huge crowds at pacer games. Buckner went disneyworld. They don’t seem to be being extra careful.  So hold your breath.

11 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Winter. If you notice the western warm states and the south cases are going down

I think the colder weather is partly to blame. However the Rams play in warmer weather in California.

I think the recent uptick may also be attributed to recent group gatherings for Thanksgiving and other holidays.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I think the colder weather is partly to blame. However the Rams play in warmer weather in California.

I think the recent uptick may also be attributed to recent group gatherings for Thanksgiving and other holidays.

I know but if you have watched the totals everyday CALI and some of the warmer states cases are actually way down. It’s going  up in the colder states. 

Browns have no chance Saturday against raiders.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Bye weeks were blamed in part yesterday but I have not heard anything on the Colts yet. This new variance is spreading a warp speed.

The dominant variant in the country is still Delta.   Omicron is spreading but it’s still second.   And there have been plenty of bye weeks without this many positive results.  This is the winter wave that has arrived.   We have known this was coming.  Not a surprise.

So far, the only Colt to get it this week is Franklin, our 3rd LB. 

At this point hoping for a little luck to go our way. 

50 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why does the NFL have to test?  Why do they have to have the same policy as if its COVID 2020? 

Viruses get weaker as they mutate.  Its not the same virus, 

Exactly. Why are they testing healthy players who who  have no symptoms. It’s ridiculous. A cold is a coronavirus. 

NFL  went back to 2020 protocols today. Testing doesn’t change though.

49 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why does the NFL have to test?  Why do they have to have the same policy as if its COVID 2020? 

Viruses get weaker as they mutate.  Its not the same virus, 

Delta is a mutation and it certainly is not weaker.   It was much more dangerous. 

Omicron may be milder but it’s also far more easily transmissible, and make no mistake….  Hospitals are filling up as never before in some places and some people are still dying. 

This new narrative here on this site that Covid is now the flu or a cold is completely false. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Delta is a mutation and it certainly is not weaker.   It was much more dangerous. 

Omicron may be milder but it’s also far more easily transmissible, and make no mistake….  Hospitals are filling up as never before in some places and some people are still dying. 

This new narrative here on this site that Covid is now the flu or a cold is completely false. 

Every damn player so far these last few days have no symptoms. The nfl needs to stop with this nonsense and quit testing players who show no symptoms. It’s *ic and dumb.  Vaccines are supposed to keep severe illness away so it’s time to stop the nonsense.

Its flu and cold season. Hospitals fill up this time of year.

Browns have 20 positives now. They are probably going to have to move this game. Try and play it by Tuesday and hold for more negatives. Then move their Christmas Day game to Sunday and move another teams game to Saturday so they have  Christmas Day games.

Colfs may be catching a huge break with the protocols changing as of today. No more going to pacer games for the players.

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Every damn player so far these last few days have no symptoms. The nfl needs to stop with this nonsense and quit testing players who show no symptoms. It’s *ic and dumb.  Vaccines are supposed to keep severe illness away so it’s time to stop the nonsense.

Its flu and cold season. Hospitals fill up this time of year.

Hospitals are filling up with Covid patients, not flu.    If you don’t know that, you’re not following this closely outside of how Covid impacts the Colts or the NFL.  

I follow this subject daily.  I’m not wrong.  And Indiana has one of the highest rates of infection in the country. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hospitals are filling up with Covid patients, not flu.    If you don’t know that, you’re not following this closely outside of how Covid impacts the Colts or the NFL.  

I follow this subject daily.  I’m not wrong.  And Indiana has one of the highest rates of infection in the country. 

Isn t it funny when covid hit the flu disappeared. Think about that. If vaccines prevent severe illness then testing needs to stop. If someone gets severe illness because they didn’t get vaxed that’s on them.  Going around testing healthy people who have no symptoms is wrong.

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Isn t it funny when covid hit the flu disappeared. Think about that. If vaccines prevent severe illness then testing needs to stop. If someone gets severe illness because they didn’t get vaxed that’s on them.  Going around testing healthy people who have no symptoms is wrong.

Do you know why we didn’t have a flu season in 2021?    Because Covid hit and everyone started wearing masks.  Masks canceled the flu season from last winter.  

Now, many who are vaccinated are not wearing masks, and those who aren’t vaccinated won’t wear masks.   No masks equals a return of the flu.   This is one where it’s not hard to connect the dots.  By the way, this is not my opinion, thus is what top medical experts say. 

As for testing NFL players….   Understand that if I get Covid, but I don’t have any symptoms, I can still give Covid to someone else and that person can have worse symptoms than me.   Every person is different.  

The NFL has top people trying to figure this out.   They’re not going to be perfect.  Mistakes will be made.  This is all new and hard.

But you need to stop thinking you know more than the medical professionals about Covid.   You’ve done a great job posting about NFL Covid updates.   Notice I rarely disagree with you about most Covid issues.   We’re mostly in agreement.   But once you think you understand this complicated problem better than experts do you’re going to get serious push-back.  

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The problem with COVID in 2020 was the death rate and total death counts dramatically posted on the upper right hand corner of every TV screen.  It conditioned an entire country into thinking the mere word Covid is synonymous with death.

Now the central planning lovers have moved the goal posts to count infections and hospitalizations, not death rates, as a similar social mission.

At what point does the NFL stop its central-planning lives saving mission (now a hospitalization saving mission) and realize that most people in the USA are ignoring the virus?  They either get vaxxed or deal with the risks.

16 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Exactly. Why are they testing healthy players who who  have no symptoms. It’s ridiculous. A cold is a coronavirus. 

NFL  went back to 2020 protocols today. Testing doesn’t change though.

Virus's mutate.  Its an insane idea that you can have a top down driven executive plan to control or stop a virus.  The policy obviously isn't doing anything because players socialize and live their lives, and the NFL is treating this like stopping player contact when at the facility is going to matter.  

Consequences of individual decisions impact others.  That's life, and no policy is going to change that.

They way to control viruses is for the medical sciences to come up with vaccines for prevention and therapy.  Changing how players behave isn't really going to matter until the natural immune system slow the thing down.   There will be peaks and valleys of infections.

Play ball with whomever is healthy enough to play.  IMO.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Virus's mutate.  Its an insane idea that you can have a top down driven executive plan to control or stop a virus.  The policy obviously isn't doing anything because players socialize and live their lives, and the NFL is treating this like stopping player contact when at the facility is going to matter.  

Consequences of individual decisions impact others.  That's life, and no policy is going to change that.

They way to control viruses is for the medical sciences to come up with vaccines for prevention and therapy.  Changing how players behave isn't really going to matter until the natural immune system slow the thing down.   There will be peaks and valleys of infections.

Play ball with whomever is healthy enough to play.  IMO.

If the vaccine is to prevent severe illness then stop testing. We don’t go around testing for the flu or cold. You are right about what you say here.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the players that are vaccinated should be allowed to play even if tested positive. Caveat = if they have no or mild symptoms. Other wise what's the point of being vaccinated? If Baker is vaccinated I would be ticked off big time if I was him. Nick Mullens lmao , Browns have little chance to win Saturday now.

I want browns to lose but this entire thing the NFL is doing is wrong. These players were told if vaccinated they only had to test once a week. Then the NFL goes in and tests the entire team.

On Monday is when I am going to be nervous for the colts. That will be a week out from getting back from the bye week and vaccinated players are probably tested. Hopefully everything stays good. 

Rams also have over 20 players on the list.

14 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Unless you're a medical provider, don't speculate these things.  It's easily explainable by a quick google search.

Flu disappeared because of masks and social distancing - it's nowhere NEAR as communicable as even the OG strain of COVID, and Omicron might just be the most communicable human virus in existence right now.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I want browns to lose but this entire thing the NFL is doing is wrong. These players were told if vaccinated they only had to test once a week. Then the NFL goes in and tests the entire team.

On Monday is when I am going to be nervous for the colts. That will be a week out from getting back from the bye week and vaccinated players are probably tested. Hopefully everything stays good. 

Rams also have over 20 players on the list.

A friend of mine was telling me "I wouldn't be surprised if the league said Wentz or Leonard or both were positive before the Pats game", but he believes in conspiracy theory's big time and thinks the league wants the Pats to win for ratings later in the yearlmao . What I would do is, if a doctor told me I was positive but I wasn't sick. I would then go to another doctor to make sure, if that one came back negative some doctor would have some explaining to do ill be back arnold schwarzenegger GIF

Archived