Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are we going to do with Mack?

AKB

Just now, JediXMan said:

Both Patmon and Strachan are active. I’ll like to see how Patmon and Jackson look.

if Patmon doesn't look decent this game i'm gonna be concerned. He's been in the offense for a while now with a lot of sitting and learning. He should be able to put it together soon here. 

I wouldnt be shocked if Mack is asking to sit for the majority of the remainder of the year, but if we make the playoffs he might get into the rotation.

Not sure why that would make sense for the Colts other than the potential for the RB depth in the playoffs, seems like the additional roster spot might be more useful to me. It's a shame really because I loved Mack pre-injury, but he just doesnt seem the same guy anymore, which we all knew was a potential (and probably likely) outcome.

We should probably release him and wish him well.

7 hours ago, Nickster said:

He has no value in a trade.

no value? i don't think that has been confirmed. the more likely case is that the offer wasn't good enough for us to let go of JT's insurance policy. 

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

no value? i don't think that has been confirmed. the more likely case is that the offer wasn't good enough for us to let go of JT's insurance policy. 

Very little value in a trade then.  I am not a lawyer.  I bathe in figurative language. 

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Very little value in a trade then.  I am not a lawyer.  I bathe in figurative language. 

i understand, but you gotta think a draft pick is still a pick right?

do you know if we will get a compensatory pick for him walking this offseason? 

@EastStreet

On 11/3/2021 at 11:12 AM, AustinnKaine said:

I think most people predicted that Mack would be traded. Not saying that everyone supported this, but I'm pretty sure that was the consensus. Apparently none of the offers were good enough. With that being said, that should mean Mack gets used a lot more now right? Unless we are just going to straight up release him if he requests that? It really is confusing how little snaps he has gotten vs his talent level. I know that we don't run the ball enough as is, but the whole Mack thing is pretty concerning. It's not like he is some trash RB. 

Colts front office blew it on not trading him and getting secondary help.  As it is now unless I'm missing something they'll get nothing for him after his contract is up.

Archived