Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Colt all time

jvan1973

2 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Justin Snow - The most accurate long snapper to ever play the game

Capture24.png

Bah, hiss, boo. Not Justin of course but the picture. Maybe I'm a prude but good ole Mikey there was a real charmer. Not only did he have an attitude with folks but like to cheat on his wife. Watched him a couple of times set up personal meet and greets with females. One's own life and I get that but I'm a big believer in commitment and integrity. The one that really got me is he was standing along the sidelines and kept making eye contact with some ladies in the stands. He points toward them, points to the gatorade cup he is drinking from, writes his number on the bottom of the cup, and then places it on top of a trash can.  One of the ladies comes down and grabs the cup. Guess they got to work on contact drills at some point. That doesn't mean other guys may have pulled similar stunts but I never saw it.

30 minutes ago, PeytsBlocker said:

Bah, hiss, boo. Not Justin of course but the picture. Maybe I'm a prude but good ole Mikey there was a real charmer. Not only did he have an attitude with folks but like to cheat on his wife. Watched him a couple of times set up personal meet and greets with females. One's own life and I get that but I'm a big believer in commitment and integrity. The one that really got me is he was standing along the sidelines and kept making eye contact with some ladies in the stands. He points toward them, points to the gatorade cup he is drinking from, writes his number on the bottom of the cup, and then places it on top of a trash can.  One of the ladies comes down and grabs the cup. Guess they got to work on contact drills at some point. That doesn't mean other guys may have pulled similar stunts but I never saw it.

How did you meet, did you swipe left?  No. I dug his cup out of the trash.  Awww.  Lol. 

5 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

How did you meet, did you swipe left?  No. I dug his cup out of the trash.  Awww.  Lol. 

He didn't pick women for their personality for sure. I have to admit they were always pretty close to a 9 or 10 on the beauty scale.

This one I base once again on character rather than amazing football skills. Rob Morris the linebacker. Saw him one time after practice with ice on both knees and struggling just to walk back to the players residence halls. There was a group of young guys dressed in shirt and ties who had attended camp that day just to see Morris practice. I had talked to them earlier and found out they were Mormons and Morris was kind of their idol. Anyway I let Morris know they were there and even though you could tell he was hurting like hell he went and spent probably a half hour just talking to them, taking pictures and signing autographs. Indy Colts have had some really good guys for years and that's why I really like how Chris Ballard handles the current team. 

10 hours ago, Believe blue1306 said:

I loved Reggie. But then he tried to go to New England, then went on to say on nfln that he wished he had a hof wr to play beside him, that made me mad. Dude had Marvin, smh. 

1) The Colts decided they did not want Reggie anymore so who are we to begrudged him for wanting to play one more year?  That makes no sense to me.

2) I am 100% willing to bet your memory / interpretation what Reggie said about playing with a HoF receiver is wrong.  

To answer the OP of Best Colts of All-Time (not favorite), I will have to break it down into Baltimore and Indy, and the into Offense, Defense and Special Teams, too.

Baltimore Era:

Offense - Raymond Berry

Defense - Gino Marchetti

Special Teams - Jim O'Brien (not a Colt for very long, but hit the Super Bowl winning field goal against the Cowboys)

Indianapolis Era:

Offense - Marvin Harrison

Defense - Robert Mathis

Special Teams - Adam Vinatieri (K)/Pat McAfee (P)

Marvin Harrison for me. Reggie is my favorite modern era Colt though. He had so many Memorable moments. From the crazy catch fumble AFCCG, long TD at the SB and celebration , and that monster game against Packers when Pagano was diagnosed with cancer. 

Archived