Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watson story today in SI

Dogg63

46 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If he's traded tomorrow through draft day because HOU wants no part of him anymore, look for the charges and accusations to be dropped shortly thereafter and for Watson and the media to go on their merry ways like none of this happened.

This I very much believe. And if I were a betting man,lol, I'd put my money on Kraft pulling it off.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/30/2021 at 4:59 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Explain it to me like I am an 8 yr old then because if something bad happens to me I am filing a Police report and seeing a doctor with in 24 hours. I am not defending Watson and I respect and love women but to accuse someone of these things without concrete proof is dicey. If 2 or 3 women accused you of something and said it happened 5 years ago, how would you respond if you knew you didn't do anything? If Minors are involved that is a whole different issue but these are adult women. I just know how the law works, is it always right - NO so if something happens to you or anyone, get your proof is all I am saying.

I understand what you're saying - people who commit sexual assault deserve the full punishment of the law, and there needs to be concrete proof in order for that to happen.

If you're a woman who has just been sexually assaulted, however, going to a doctor immediately could potentially be as traumatic as the assault itself. A physical examination to obtain proof of an assault is going to be incredibly invasive, and the victim is likely to already feel sensitive, insecure, and vulnerable at the very best. 

I'm speculating somewhat, but I think many women who find themselves in that position feel that it would be easier and less painful to simply try to forget that it ever happened. Whilst that's less than ideal I'm terms of proving guilt and keeping other women safe, it's entirely understandable in my opinion. 

On 3/30/2021 at 1:44 AM, Dogg63 said:

I was on the fence. I no longer am. Just wow. 

This is excellent investigative reporting.

The court of law can do it's thing, as it should. Innocent until proven guilty.

The court of public opinion, for me, has, with 22 allegations + this article, slammed the gavel and declared him guilty.

Just out of interest, what about the article convinced you of his guilt? It's simply an unsubstantiated story from an unverified source. What proof of guilt does it provide?

To be clear, I don't think Watson is guilty, nor do I think he is innocent. I have no knowledge whatsoever of the people or situations involved. 

8 hours ago, Mackrel829 said:

I understand what you're saying - people who commit sexual assault deserve the full punishment of the law, and there needs to be concrete proof in order for that to happen.

If you're a woman who has just been sexually assaulted, however, going to a doctor immediately could potentially be as traumatic as the assault itself. A physical examination to obtain proof of an assault is going to be incredibly invasive, and the victim is likely to already feel sensitive, insecure, and vulnerable at the very best. 

I'm speculating somewhat, but I think many women who find themselves in that position feel that it would be easier and less painful to simply try to forget that it ever happened. Whilst that's less than ideal I'm terms of proving guilt and keeping other women safe, it's entirely understandable in my opinion. 

Oh I don't disagree. Going right away would be tough because someone that is sexually assaulted is probably in shock as well. I just said within 48 hours would be adequate and damaging to the accuser. The number of accusers is now up 22 as of today. Their lawyer better have some strong evidence these things have happened because it could back fire. If Watson is guilty of these things then he deserves to do some kind of time (even if it is just a year assuming no rape was involved) and should be banned from playing again.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh I don't disagree. Going right away would be tough because someone that is sexually assaulted is probably in shock as well. I just said within 48 hours would be adequate and damaging to the accuser. The number of accusers is now up 22 as of today. Their lawyer better have some strong evidence these things have happened because it could back fire. If Watson is guilty of these things then he deserves to do some kind of time (even if it is just a year assuming no rape was involved) and should be banned from playing again.

What are the worst accusations?   I haven't kept up with it much.   I thought it was him suggesting "happy endings" or showing his privates.   While very inappropriate, I don't think that would cause a person to go into "shock".   I'm not sure a year in prison is the correct punishment.   The NFL has let people who did far worse play again.  

So 20+ women are so traumatized that they run to an attorney to try to get money? Yet NOT ONE of them filed a police report and NOT ONE contacted the Texan's organization or filed a complaint. Yet it's "all aboard the gravy train" so all these women now remember they're traumatized and want to sue?? There's more than a little doubt in this story..

8 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

So 20+ women are so traumatized that they run to an attorney to try to get money? Yet NOT ONE of them filed a police report and NOT ONE contacted the Texan's organization or filed a complaint. Yet it's "all aboard the gravy train" so all these women now remember they're traumatized and want to sue?? There's more than a little doubt in this story..

Oh, it is definitely a group out for a money grab.  I think Watson probably acted inappropriately but not so much that a person would go to the police.  If a woman flashed me her boobs, I guess I could go file a police report, but I wouldn't.  However, if the woman were worth $30 million and a lawyer said he had a group of guys who are going in on a civil suit, I may join them for a payout.

15 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Most of the offenses were not that serious, but a couple of them were.

Once one of them filed a serious charge, the lawyer asked them all to come forward so they did.  They are not that traumatized, but they have a story the court wants to hear

5 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

You guys should read the lawsuits if you want to learn more about this case.  Some of the incidents took place in private homes and some in hotel rooms.  Doubt they would have cameras in there

Some were in parlors too

Kind of tough to know more when the accusers are anonymous but the accused is dragged through the cactus field..

Personally I believe at least some of these are true, some might be exaggerated or made up as well.  There is a lot of smoke here 

Its looking like this will end in a settlement if no hard evidence of a serious crime is found.  There are a lot of testimonies for him to let this drag on in civil, he may lose there.

This is going to be awkward for the league to say the least.  Im kind of surprised he isnt on the exempt list yet.

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived