Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaworski And Mayock On Luck Vs. Rg3

http://www.indystar....xt%7CSports%7Cs

Jaws Overall: Luck.

"I think when the Colts see a quarterback, (owner) Jim Irsay and the guys still left there, they see Peyton Manning. That's their vision of what a quarterback is. And that's what Andrew Luck is. He's a young Peyton Manning and he's mature beyond his years."

"I think they're both going to be tremendous quarterbacks, and if you're the Colts or the Redskins, when draft day is over, you're going to be happy. These guys are the future of the NFL. I predict superstardom for both of them."

Mayock Overall: Luck.

"I would think the reason the Colts are going to take him is security. By that I mean because he's been in a pro-style offense: He can make the reads. You see the footwork. You can see him make the throws that an NFL quarterback has to make."

"You're not able to do that with RG3. You anticipate that he will be able to do all those things because he has an overwhelming skill set, but you don't see it on tape. So you have to buy in that he's going to be able to do it. So I would say that RG3 has a bigger upside, but that you're more secure with Luck."

Mayock hit it on the head, I think why he thinks RGIII has a bigger upside is cause of the fact that even though Luck can run RGIII is a rare athlete when it comes to speed, But Ill take the "secure pick" and just see what happens, I honestly dont think RGIII will have alot of success in Washington they simply dont have the offensive line for it. yes they picked up Garcon and hes good but whos their number 1 receiver? if they think he is gonna be that with a rookie quarterback they will be in for long year

Mayock hit it on the head, I think why he thinks RGIII has a bigger upside is cause of the fact that even though Luck can run RGIII is a rare athlete when it comes to speed, But Ill take the "secure pick" and just see what happens, I honestly dont think RGIII will have alot of success in Washington they simply dont have the offensive line for it. yes they picked up Garcon and hes good but whos their number 1 receiver? if they think he is gonna be that with a rookie quarterback they will be in for long year

I think the Redskins paid Garcon that money to be the #1 WR.

The pundits need to find something else to talk about. If Luck and RG3 are so similar then leave it alone. If they are both going to be superstars then let it be. It won't matter who we draft. They need to be concentrating on why Dontari Poe has a terrible tape.. or who is going to be the next great receiver...it is a WR's draft. I'm tired of the Luck/RG3 thing.

I think the Redskins paid Garcon that money to be the #1 WR.

if thats the case their sadly mistaken. in case no one noticed. reggie was one facing the baily's, the revis's, the amushon's, the samuel's not garcon.

I really think RG3 is getting set up, big time, all these things he hasn't done, he's just gonna pick it up once he's in the NFL? Luck is the safe bet because he's outright better.

RG3 had the best WR duo in college football. Luck had the best TE....... I think Mayock just sees that RG3 had a lot of help at Baylor.

RG3 had the best WR duo in college football. Luck had the best TE....... I think Mayock just sees that RG3 had a lot of help at Baylor.

Of course. There is no way Maylock could actually view RG3 as better. There is always a reason or excuse as to why someone likes RG3 more than Luck.

Of course. There is no way Maylock could actually view RG3 as better. There is always a reason or excuse as to why someone likes RG3 more than Luck.

RG3 gets Garcon as his main target next season... hehe... Too bad Wright and Williams don't come with RG3 as a package deal.

If we just have to get luck and he is the "next Peyton" and we are in rebuilding y in the heck did we cut manning..... Wuts the harm in draftin rgiii he's an outstanding athlete, he's exciting, and just as good maybe even better in the Pocket... Being a true colts fan I would welcome him and wit he brings to the team

RG3 gets Garcon as his main target next season... hehe... Too bad Wright and Williams don't come with RG3 as a package deal.

All RG3 gets is Garçon, Morgan, Fred Davis and Roy Helu. Maybe Cooley And Moss as well.

Luck gets Wayne and ...... And ...... And ......

Wow. That is almost as vaulted as the Patriot offense.

If we just have to get luck and he is the "next Peyton" and we are in rebuilding y in the heck did we cut manning..... Wuts the harm in draftin rgiii he's an outstanding athlete, he's exciting, and just as good maybe even better in the Pocket... Being a true colts fan I would welcome him and wit he brings to the team

1) The Colts are rebuilding because they are a team that went 2-14 last season (representing the worst record in the NFL), and has an injured, rehabbing QB that is 36 years old, along with a roster of aging, often injured players that have very expensive contracts.

2) The harm of drafting RG3 is that the Colts would not be drafting the best QB available with its #1 overall pick. No doubt that RG3 is an outstanding athlete, and that he is exciting. However, Andrew Luck is a better QB prospect than RG3. Being a true Colts fan, I support drafting the best QB prospect with the #1 overall pick.

All RG3 gets is Garçon, Morgan, Fred Davis and Roy Helu. Maybe Cooley And Moss as well.

Redskin fan aye? I've seen plenty of PG and you will too very soon. Sadly enough. He makes the great play, and then right after it drops the "key" "easy" ball in the drive. He just doesn't have his head >>>ed on straight. And now he has money.... There is a reason the Colts (who need WR's) did not want to pay him the big bucks.

He is just not worth it.

Buyer beware.

Yes I would take Wayne and Collie over Garcon and Morgan and Moss

AND don't forget the Colts are not finished putting his O together. They will add more WR's and a TE or 2.

Redskin fan aye? I've seen plenty of PG and you will too very soon. Sadly enough. He makes the great play, and then right after it drops the "key" "easy" ball in the drive. He just doesn't have his head >>>ed on straight. And now he has money.... There is a reason the Colts (who need WR's) did not want to pay him the big bucks.

He is just not worth it.

Buyer beware.

Yes I would take Wayne and Collie over Garcon and Morgan and Moss

AND don't forget the Colts are not finished putting his O together. They will add more WR's and a TE or 2.

The contract was insane but there was a need on Wash. I forgot Gaffney and Hankerson as well.

Collie and Wayne will not outperform Morgan and Garçon. Not until the colts add more pieces.

josh morgan garcon fred davis and roy helu wow that sure is alot of talent. (end sarcasm)

Did anyone know who RG3 was before this past season? I had heard of him, but the dude was just came screaming onto the scene in one year......that is my biggest concern.

Expectations..... Now RG3 has them, and has to live up to them for the first time. Luck has lived with them since he hit campus at Stanford.

This is another factor that should be taken into consideration when debating the two.

Did anyone know who RG3 was before this past season? I had heard of him, but the dude was just came screaming onto the scene in one year......that is my biggest concern.

Well Cam Newton was very much the same and he turned out to play very well his first season. I remember watching first take after the end of last season and watching a interview with RG3 and his coach and talking about how Baylor is getting better and I think one of the anchors on First Take were asking him about what were his chances of winning the Heisman or something like that.