Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WFT releases Dwayne Haskins

chad72

Never understood the pick from day one.  I thought he had bust written all over him.  And he starts at OSU but we find out he can't read a playbook?  LoL.

Wentz is fine.  Needs a change.  

He'd be better than Rivers, right?  And we did well with Phil.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Those being?

Bring back Rivers

Make a trade for Darnold($4.7m audition see what Reich can do with him) to compete with Eason

Stafford

Carr(if avlbl)

Ryan(if avlbl)

Draft pick to compete with Eason

Then way down here

Wentz.

Just now, w87r said:

Bring back Rivers

Make a trade for Darnold($4.7m audition see what Reich can do with him) to compete with Eason

Stafford

Carr(if avlbl)

Ryan(if avlbl)

Draft pick to compete with Eason

Then way down here

Wentz.

Lol.  I am ready to turn away from Rivers. Never a fan of Darnold. Turn over machine and never wowed me coming out of college or in the pros. My 2 choices would be Stafford or Wentz but I understand your hesitation with regards to Wentz. What do u think it woukd cost to get either? 

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol.  I am ready to turn away from Rivers. Never a fan of Darnold. Turn over machine and never wowed me coming out of college or in the pros. My 2 choices would be Stafford or Wentz but I understand your hesitation with regards to Wentz. What do u think it woukd cost to get either? 

I've posted a few times that I appreciate what Rivers has done for us, but as good as he has played, I think he holds back the potential versatility the offense could have. 

I think Darnold on an audition with a better team/QB whisper around him would be worth the look. Potential coupled with minor cap hit, would allow the team to keep our depth and add even more.

Im not sure what Stafford would cost, I probably wouldn't offer anything over our 2nd for him though.

Wentz? Idk, they might have to send us a pick to take him? Doubt that happens though. Would save them $20m+ by trading him though, vs releasing(not going to happen). Would be a net even for their salary cap purposes to trade him though.

Just now, w87r said:

I've posted a few times that I appreciate what Rivers has done for us, but as good as he has played, I think he holds back the potential versatility the offense could have. 

I think Darnold on an audition with a better team/QB whisper around him would be worth the look. Potential coupled with minor cap hit, would allow the team to keep our depth and add even more.

Im not sure what Stafford would cost, I probably wouldn't offer anything over our 2nd for him though.

Wentz? Idk, they might have to send us a pick to take him? Doubt that happens though. Would save them $20m+ by trading him though, vs releasing(not going to happen). Would be a net even for their salary cap purposes to trade him though.

A lot would depend on how Philly and Detroit grade the qbs coning out. They  r 6 and 7 so a good time to make a move. I think Jags and Jets go qb. That would leave maybe Wilson on the board. The team ahead of Philly and Detroit who might make a move is Atlanta. They could trade Ryan and get their guy of the future. That leaves Miami and Bengals sitting pretty for a trade out

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

A lot would depend on how Philly and Detroit grade the qbs coning out. They  r 6 and 7 so a good time to make a move. I think Jags and Jets go qb. That would leave maybe Wilson on the board. The team ahead of Philly and Detroit who might make a move is Atlanta. They could trade Ryan and get their guy of the future. That leaves Miami and Bengals sitting pretty for a trade out

I think if Philly does in fact trade Wentz they would be rolling with Hurts. Whether that is the right move or not, idk tbd, bit that doesn't matter to much to me.

If Detroit moves on from Stafford they would definitely be going after QB.

Hopefully that Miami pick drops down to the 7-10 range with Houston winning tomorrow. :goodluck:

I will say, I have appreciated your constructive post the last few days. So thanks for that.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I think if Philly does in fact trade Wentz they would be rolling with Hurts. Whether that is the right move or not, idk tbd, bit that doesn't matter to much to me.

If Detroit moves on from Stafford they would definitely be going after QB.

Hopefully that Miami pick drops down to the 7-10 range with Houston winning tomorrow. :goodluck:

I will say, I have appreciated your constructive post the last few days. So thanks for that.

No worries. Thr one thing I have always admired about Stafford. I truly believe he is a warrior. If I had one wish eith regards to the qb postion. I hope Rivers retires. What ever happens after that, I can live with. Time for Ballard to look for a more long term solution.

30 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No worries. Thr one thing I have always admired about Stafford. I truly believe he is a warrior. If I had one wish eith regards to the qb postion. I hope Rivers retires. What ever happens after that, I can live with. Time for Ballard to look for a more long term solution.

Definitely would love to get the long term solution in place.

I think that is why Darnold strikes me as a low risk potential high reward option if Jets take QB.

Would cost us minimal this year and maybe could potentially be the long term answer. Maybe not, but at $4.7m it would allow us to keep building the team and figure it out. He would be surrounded by a better players and better coaching. As much hate as Reich gets he is worlds above Gase.

It could back fire? But worth a look I think.

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think that is why Darnold strikes me as a low risk potential high reward option if Jets take QB.

Would cost us minimal this year and maybe could potentially be the long term answer. Maybe not, but at $4.7m it would allow us to keep building the team and figure it out. He would be surrounded by a better players and better coaching. As much hate as Reich gets he is worlds above Gase.

Yeh could b right. Should b able to get Darnold for 2nd or 3rd. I think they will take Fields. Darnold at that point is just taking up space.

31 minutes ago, w87r said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/4/22/17267846/sam-darnold-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report-film-analysis-statistics-background-strengths-weaknesses

On 12/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, w87r said:

Seems to be a week to late.

Cant believe they had him start after his Covid violating strip club incident in the first place.

The article I read on that very issue said this:

That the WFT was indeed going to cut him, but ss the crazy NFC East was going, the WFT still had a chance if winning the division.   They felt they owed the veteran players putting the best QB on the field that week.

So the HC and front office recognized that that week, the team didn’t really have any other options.  Smith was hurting and the other guy gave them almost no chance.  So they let him start.   And once he stunk up the joint, that was that.

Smith is healthy this week, and so the team was free to jettison Haskins.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

The article I read on that very issue said this:

That the WFT was indeed going to cut him, but ss the crazy NFC East was going, the WFT still had a chance if winning the division.   They felt they owed the veteran players putting the best QB on the field that week.

So the HC and front office recognized that that week, the team didn’t really have any other options.  Smith was hurting and the other guy gave them almost no chance.  So they let him start.   And once he stunk up the joint, that was that.

Smith is healthy this week, and so the team was free to jettison Haskins.  

I think Heinekie(Sp?) would of gave them the better chance personally. My opinion doesn't matter though, so it's all good.

Hopefully Smith gets them in tomorrow night.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 8:34 PM, w87r said:

Darnold and Pittman anybody?

Archived