Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor

JediXMan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taylor is an absolute monster.  I am glad they are giving him the ball more.  Whether it is running or catching passes, he is dangerous because of his speed and power.  I do great frustrated that he will be do really well and then seem to not touch the ball for a quarter.  But it feels like he is cementing his place as #1.  And I don't really think he has had an up and down season. I remember Dwight Freeney didn't start until like the 9th or 10th week as a rookie but put up good numbers.  Taylor had one bad fumble but otherwise I think he has done well. And I think the Colts are running more power runs which plays to Taylors strengths.

7 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Taylor is an absolute monster.  I am glad they are giving him the ball more.  Whether it is running or catching passes, he is dangerous because of his speed and power.  I do great frustrated that he will be do really well and then seem to not touch the ball for a quarter.  But it feels like he is cementing his place as #1.  And I don't really think he has had an up and down season. I remember Dwight Freeney didn't start until like the 9th or 10th week as a rookie but put up good numbers.  Taylor had one bad fumble but otherwise I think he has done well. And I think the Colts are running more power runs which plays to Taylors strengths.

Taylor is becoming the great back I thought he would. People just need to learn patience when it comes to rookies, this guy has the 'IT' factor, had it in college too. Some in here didn't see it. I seen it early on and even made a comment that he looked like Eric Dickerson after he gained 100 Yards in week 2 vs Minnesota and a poster laughed at me. I said that because of his speed and power. Who's laughing now lmao 

8 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

To be fair ravens are known for taking the ball away.

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

Yup, and thanks for posting this. 

I'd also add that he's been nominated twice now for Angry Run of the week on the NFL network. I think the first time was vs Cinci. He's also got a lot of mentions from Nextgen. 

I'm just still surprised a bit that so many folks were bashing him early. I think most know rook RBs take time to adjust to the league, and especially when changing blocking schemes. 

Just happy he's settling in, and happy that Reich seems to be giving him less predictable carries. Kid's gonna be a stud.

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, and thanks for posting this. 

I'd also add that he's been nominated twice now for Angry Run of the week on the NFL network. I think the first time was vs Cinci. He's also got a lot of mentions from Nextgen. 

I'm just still surprised a bit that so many folks were bashing him early. I think most know rook RBs take time to adjust to the league, and especially when changing blocking schemes. 

Just happy he's settling in, and happy that Reich seems to be giving him less predictable carries. Kid's gonna be a stud.

Some do, but edgerrin James  amd Marshall  Faulk  were exceptional  their rookie years. Joseph addai was good to

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Some do, but edgerrin James  amd Marshall  Faulk  were exceptional  their rookie years. Joseph addai was good to

Most important thing to point out... Taylor's AVG is higher than both James and Faulk in year 1. Higher than Mack's too. Only Addai had a higher AVG in year one.

IIRC, we ran a much more spread out O those days, and a lot less zone blocking. Very different era altogether. That makes it much easier for a back to be successful early. We're running more bunched/tight zone now which requires more patience, etc.. James also came from a Coker scheme, who brought a pro scheme to Miami. I'd also point out that both James and Addai had Manning. Any RB paired with Manning is going to produce when Manning is tossing it all over the yard.

Archived