Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tuesday Night Football

danlhart87

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am so jealous at the Titans play action game. Titans are really good. I doubt if we are going to win the division.  They turned this team around when they got Tannehill. They can compete with anyone while the colts are still pretenders.

I will wait and see what happens when we play them before I declare anything but you are right in saying the Titans are good.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Tannehill isn't elite if thats what you are implying 

Tannehill to me is definitely above average, not sure about good, very good, or great but he is better than average. He has played well with the titans but lets face it, Henry is the engine of that team. If you look at their playoff run last year, Tannehill had below average stats actually and Henry carried them.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tannehill to me is definitely above average, not sure about good, very good, or great but he is better than average. He has played well with the titans but lets face it, Henry is the engine of that team. If you look at their playoff run last year, Tannehill had below average stats actually and Henry carried them.

Playoff stats are right. The thing is they aren’t making the playoffs with Tannehill scorching the second half of the season 

Just now, runthepost said:

Playoff stats are right. The thing is they aren’t making the playoffs with Tannehill scorching the second half of the season 

True and that is why I say he is at least above average which is respectable. During the stretch you are talking about, yes he played great can't deny that. A lot of QB's have small stretches like that in their career, like Flacco had in 2012 but he did it in the playoffs. Foles same thing in 2017 but both are from great.

1 hour ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Titans look fresh, like they had a bunch of rest and time to prepare or something.

Wonder how they'll look after playing 13 weeks in a row.

Meanwhile, Josh Allen - who many here have drooled over - has multiple picks.

Can't  turn the football  over against  them

Didn’t watch the game, but seeing the cliff notes tells me two things:

1. The Bills are still not there at the championship level, at least not yet

2. To stop the Titans, you have to stop Henry

If we want the South, it’s gonna be a knock-down drag-out brawl with Tennessee for it

11 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Titans look fresh, like they had a bunch of rest and time to prepare or something.

Wonder how they'll look after playing 13 weeks in a row.

Meanwhile, Josh Allen - who many here have drooled over - has multiple picks.

Tannehill, even last year, was efficient. He is young enough to do the rollouts like Baker, and just like Baker, the running game protects both QBs from getting into a shootout and controlling tempo for the most part. Plus, I do think A J Brown coming back takes their game to a different level because he kills 1-on-1s more often than not, and with Henry and the running game, chances are most teams are playing single safety high. Now, with Jonnu Smith coming along, the Titans are using every piece in the arsenal they have. 

Even when they are behind a TD, they run very well and stick to their strengths and Tannehill makes plays. They are well coached and a team typically has to play 60 minutes to beat them, IMO. I have not seen them shoot themselves in the foot, even if you play excellent D against them and thus stay in the game. They are like a mini AFC South Patriots, the style they play and making you go 60 minutes.

Like I said before, the Bills still have 2 games against the Patriots left and this game exposed them a little bit. The division still runs through the Patriots when it is all said and done, as long as Belichick is there.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Tannehill, even last year, was efficient. He is young enough to do the rollouts like Baker, and just like Baker, the running game protects both QBs from getting into a shootout and controlling tempo for the most part. Plus, I do think A J Brown coming back takes their game to a different level because he kills 1-on-1s more often than not, and with Henry and the running game, chances are most teams are playing single safety high. Now, with Jonnu Smith coming along, the Titans are using every piece in the arsenal they have. 

Even when they are behind a TD, they run very well and stick to their strengths and Tannehill makes plays. They are well coached and a team typically has to play 60 minutes to beat them, IMO. I have not seen them shoot themselves in the foot, even if you play excellent D against them and thus stay in the game. They are like a mini AFC South Patriots, the style they play and making you go 60 minutes.

Like I said before, the Bills still have 2 games against the Patriots left and this game exposed them a little bit. The division still runs through the Patriots when it is all said and done, as long as Belichick is there.

Fully agree about the Patriots and Belichick.

As for the Titans, they are indeed well coached.  But I think if you can stop/slow down Henry, then they will fall apart.

Archived