Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Progress I Hope For...

doogansquest

Good thread.

The Progress I hope for is for Luck to exceed Manning's success in his rookie year. Meaing, I want Luck to lead us to 4 or more wins. I want Luck to throw less INTs than TDs and woud like to see that figure around a 25:9 ratio. Similar to Manning, I want us Indy fans to be super-excited about the future of this franchise by week 10 or so, seeing Luck start to "get it". I'm so excited to see an athletic QB come in, do some roll-outs, stretch plays, scramble (not too much). Only one fumble from Delone Carter. Donald Brown to sniff 1000 yards.

On defense, I hope to see much of what is described herein. The invisibility of Tampa 2/Cover None being gone will suffice. But, I'd love to see Mathis get 15+ sacks (very doable). How about a shine of hope from Jerry Hughes, if he was custom-cut to play in a 3-4? A punt return TD from Zibs.

The progress I hope for is 5 or 6 wins and a year for the organization to stabilize and for fans re-energize around a younger and more balanced 53-man Colts team.... with an enthusiastic Chuck Pagano and his staff leading the way.

I hope to see flashes of excellence on both sides of the ball and in special teams that shows promise for a return to the playoffs in 2-3 years.

The Progress I Hope For... is that everyone remains patient during this rebuilding process.

We have won more games in the last decade (before last season) than any other team I think (The Pats are up there too). Remember those years of glory we have been able to enjoy, and be patient for the next era to arrive.

I hope for Luck (not RG3). And that he is as hard working as Manning is. I hope he is able to make the mistakes Manning was able to make in his first year and to learn from them.

We have drafted RB's for the past couple of years higher in the draft, and I expect with a bulkier line this year that we will get to see how good some of them are. I hope we will average about 100 yards rushing a game this year. Hopefully this will take SOME of the pressure off of Luck.

I think Irsay has a vision for a more balanced team, and I like it. NO more 1st in passing and 31st in rushing anymore. same with the Defense.

The progress I hope for is winning the south. I see each team beating each other with colts taking it in the final week at 9-7. It seems every year 2 divisions have a team win it at 8-8 or 9-7, next year it will be us.

M Faulk, Harrison, Dilger were here when a new qb started. We still need a few more weapons for the new guy.

Flacco, Sanchez and Dalton all had a running game and a good D.

The rules to winning this year is to follow the T's: Turnovers/takeaways, Technique, Tackling/tight coverage, Time of poss.

I believe this can and will happen THIS year! April 1st brings the new nfl year and every team has the same goal. Sit back and put your seat belt on, you're going to get blown away by this brand new team this year. I think you're gonna be surprised!

I hope to see our defense allow no more than a 60% completion rate for the 2012 season. I hope to see us allow no more than 40% conversions in 2012. I hope to see us allow no more than 35% of pass attempts to go for 1st downs.

I hope to see our offense pass for more than 7.5 yards per attempt. I hope to see our offense convert at least 39% of third downs.

Go ahead and complete the sentence. The time frame, the circumstances, and the results are irrelevant. Just complete the phrase as you see fit. It can be about a player, the team, or even the NFL in general.

Me? I don't expect Luck to take us anywhere in 2012. It's not reasonable to think he pick up this mess and drive it efficiently.

Therefore, the progress I hope for is about 3-4 wins, signs we're starting to work well together by seasons' end, and another top 5 pick in next year's draft. This could potentially land us the Barkley or Jones pick, which we trade for a ransom (as we will hopefully have our QB of the future), and continue to build upon some young, deep talent in Indy. Maybe a stud WR or the Honey Badger will be there for us?

What your stating is reasonable & I would be happy with. anything more would be a surprise to me. People saying we are going to the playoffs your nuts.