Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The number one player on the Colts you must pick up in fantasy FB

WifiGuy

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Id pick up Mack and Taylor against that run defense

gotta split those carries.   Himes is in a different category.

BTW I also have Mack. Not Taylor.  

Taylor will play second fiddle to Mack for more than half the season

Himes is a receiving threat

4 hours ago, krunk said:

Id pick up Mack and Taylor against that run defense

Yep, Mack and Taylor are probably the best options. Mack is probably the slightly better option early, and you can get him much later. Mack is the starter, in a contract year, is catching the ball better than Taylor, and will get the same number of carries probably. Easy choice with Mack. Taylor is being overdrafted in rounds 3/4.

4 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

gotta split those carries.   Himes is in a different category.

BTW I also have Mack. Not Taylor.  

Taylor will play second fiddle to Mack for more than half the season

Himes is a receiving threat

I don't believe Taylor will play second fiddle to Mack at all. Mack is just starting and they will share carries. Mack is just better "value" by far of the two, and that's what makes him such an appealing option.

19 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I’ve got Pittman, I got him late and I think it’s gonna be a great value pick once he really grows into the offense. I’ll be keeping him on the bench To start with but I bet by week 7 he is a must play.

I don't see Pittman as a useful option all year. Generally, rookie WRs aren't that useful in fantasy unless it's a dynasty league, and Pittman may start the year as  the no4 WR. IMO, he is a complete waste of space in fantasy unless the league has 14 or more teams. I wouldn't even have him on my top 5 rookie WRs in fantasy. There's probably 100 WRs literally that are worth having in your lineup over him. Like I said, unless it's a dynasty league where you draft rookies, he's not worth having at all. His production won't warrant a roster spot, even after week 7. You'll wish you had kept someone else in that bench spot the first six weeks when you have the inveitable injuries to your team and Pittman is getting 3 or 4 catches for 35 yards a game and you didn't pick up the breakout WR on waivers after the first week or two instead. Stay away from Pittman at all costs. That's just a Colts homer move in you at that point.

If you want a Colts WR with upside to do that with, use Parris Campbell. He knows the playbook now and he's more acclimated to the game than Pittman. If you want a rookie WR to use, use Ruggs, Jeudy and Lamb in that order.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't see Pittman as a useful option all year. Generally, rookie WRs aren't that useful in fantasy unless it's a dynasty league, and Pittman may start the year as  the no4 WR. IMO, he is a complete waste of space in fantasy unless the league has 14 or more teams. I wouldn't even have him on my top 5 rookie WRs in fantasy. There's probably 100 WRs literally that are worth having in your lineup over him. Like I said, unless it's a dynasty league where you draft rookies, he's not worth having at all. His production won't warrant a roster spot, even after week 7. You'll wish you had kept someone else in that bench spot the first six weeks when you have the inveitable injuries to your team and Pittman is getting 3 or 4 catches for 35 yards a game and you didn't pick up the breakout WR on waivers after the first week or two instead. Stay away from Pittman at all costs. That's just a Colts homer move in you at that point.

If you want a Colts WR with upside to do that with, use Parris Campbell. He knows the playbook now and he's more acclimated to the game than Pittman. If you want a rookie WR to use, use Ruggs, Jeudy and Lamb in that order.

It’s a calculated risk, he is a pure depth piece on my roster right now and I’m counting on Rivers being new to town and developing chemistry with all of the WRs from scratch to help Pittman get into the starting lineup faster than a usual rookie WR would. 

We’ll see won’t we.

Now, everyone is singing a different tune now regarding Hines. :) 

I drafted him and played him in a gutsy move yesterday. Paid off huge dividends for me and could be the reason I am winning my week 1 matchup. I remembered Frank giving him between the tackle runs vs Redskins in 2018 in game 2 by the red zone where he scored a TD. I felt that we might be blowing the Jaguars out and Mack will rest and so Hines will give valuable points enough with 1 TD to help me get through, he did more than that. Golladay, Deebo Samuel both banged, I had to choose and I chose Hines over Gesicki and Hurst in a FLEX spot basically. 

On the other hand, had both Akers and M. Brown but chose to play Akers. :( 

At least, the hot waiver pickups - Hines and M. Brown are both on my roster now. :) 

Just tilted from the Mack injury and made a homer trade. Chris Carson (who I always manage to get each year and he's always solid to really good) for JT. It's my cheap work league and I just wanted a Colt to cheer for haha. Now both my starting RBs are rookies (CEH is the other). Kind of immediately regretted it, kind of excited about seeing each of them grow this year.  Hopefully they both play to their ceilings!

15 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Just tilted from the Mack injury and made a homer trade. Chris Carson (who I always manage to get each year and he's always solid to really good) for JT. It's my cheap work league and I just wanted a Colt to cheer for haha. Now both my starting RBs are rookies (CEH is the other). Kind of immediately regretted it, kind of excited about seeing each of them grow this year.  Hopefully they both play to their ceilings!

Carson is probably slightly better, but it could work out. We'll see! I hope Taylor is the no1 fantasy RB in football this year. :) 

Archived