Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dungy on Hopkins trade

danlhart87

2 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

No question the idea Watson will somehow be better off without Hopkins is ridiculous

It's just one of those silly narratives the press clings onto to somehow try to sound insightful

Agreed. He couldn't complete a pass beyond 10 yards the entire game besides garbage time. Without Hopkins, he was completely outmatched. David Johnson is a good player, but RBs are a dime a dozen compared to an elite WR like Hopkins. Absolute joke of a trade.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed. He couldn't complete a pass beyond 10 yards the entire game besides garbage time. Without Hopkins, he was completely outmatched. David Johnson is a good player, but RBs are a dime a dozen compared to an elite WR like Hopkins. Absolute joke of a trade.

As a football fan in general, I hope BOB gets fired after this season for making all of these disastrous moves. As a Colts fan, I'm ok with seeing a rival ship off their elite players for next to nothing.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Two things - they HAD to trade him to a team that could afford his salary, so that narrowed it down to a team with a QB on his rookie contract in the Cardinals. Then, the most they could get in the trade was a 2nd round pick for what I felt was Top 10 talent. Then, they did not draft a WR on Day 1 or Day 2, if I remember somehow thinking what they had would be good enough??

He might end up being like Blake Bortles that scored all those TDs in garbage time by the time the year ends, IMO. :) 

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Two things - they HAD to trade him to a team that could afford his salary, so that narrowed it down to a team with a QB on his rookie contract in the Cardinals. Then, the most they could get in the trade was a 2nd round pick for what I felt was Top 10 talent. Then, they did not draft a WR on Day 1 or Day 2, if I remember somehow thinking what they had would be good enough??

He might end up being like Blake Bortles that scored all those TDs in garbage time by the time the year ends, IMO. :) 

Nah thats what BOB said after he got bashed by the whole world for making the dumb trade. If you want to keep someone any team can make it happen by reworking and restructuring contracts etc. See Chiefs and Saints

Archived