Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Draft and Weekly Questions 2020 - discuss here

chad72

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

I did well in fantasy football Sunday. Russell Wilson, Austin Ekeler and the Colts defense gave me 86 points. Then there were my other players, so I had close to 150 and got a little bonus. :td: Good day!

I had RW, Dalvin Cook, Jeff Wilson Jr., Hopkins, Lockett, Corey Davis, Mike Gesicki and Steelers with 6 pts for passing TD. Scored 170, probably my best week in years. It never lasts long, will take it when I get it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aavmarine said:

I'm in 2 leagues, and I have Darren Waller as my TE in both. As my backup I have Fant and Gesicki, and thinking about starting them instead. Thoughts? Also, Goff over Ryan?

Ryan mainly because the Giants are toothless on offense and Goff would not need to air it out nearly as much to keep up while Ryan is going to fight to keep up production vs the Packers.

Gesicki because Seahawks and RW will score plenty, and Seahawks give up ton of production in the slot. Gage in game 1 had a career game in the slot. Edelman had a career game on SNF. The no name Cowboy "Cedric Wilson" poached CeeDee Lamb production in the slot and got 2 huge TDs. If you play WR/TE in the middle, you are going to get some production vs Seahawks. So, I am playing Gesicki too. The floor is high enough in this matchup. The ceiling, like Cedric Wilson vs CeeDee Lamb, you may have someone get the 20 plus points vs 10 for Lamb though both play the middle area but the floor is still high like I said.

Wagner and K.J.Wright might be good for a few things but they don't have a youth movement on LB yet like the Colts do.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Ryan mainly because the Giants are toothless on offense and Goff would not need to air it out nearly as much to keep up while Ryan is going to fight to keep up production vs the Packers.

Gesicki because Seahawks and RW will score plenty, and Seahawks give up ton of production in the slot. Gage in game 1 had a career game in the slot. Edelman had a career game on SNF. The no name Cowboy "Cedric Wilson" poached CeeDee Lamb production in the slot and got 2 huge TDs. If you play WR/TE in the middle, you are going to get some production vs Seahawks. So, I am playing Gesicki too. The floor is high enough in this matchup. The ceiling, like Cedric Wilson vs CeeDee Lamb, you may have someone get the 20 plus points vs 10 for Lamb though both play the middle area but the floor is still high like I said.

Wagner and K.J.Wright might be good for a few things but they don't have a youth movement on LB yet like the Colts do.

Thanks for your input!!! I'll  take your word on Ryan. I'm  going to go ahead and start Fant over Waller tonight. Thanks again...

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Jared Cisneros @teganslaw @Narcosys - this is my bench in a particular league and I need to drop one, who do I drop?

Cam Akers, Nyheim Hines, Latavius Murray, Jeff Wilson Jr., Devonta Freeman, Brandin Cooks, Corey Davis

My starters right now are: Russell Wilson, Dalvin Cook, Rex Burkhead, Hopkins, Lockett, Golladay, Gesicki

Honestly, I'd drop Freeman. He looked useless last week on the Giants and they have literally no offense. The others have some use at RB IMO, and Cooks and Davis are decent. Freeman may not even play too much with Lewis and Gallman taking carries. 

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, I'd drop Freeman. He looked useless last week on the Giants and they have literally no offense. The others have some use at RB IMO, and Cooks and Davis are decent. Freeman may not even play too much with Lewis and Gallman taking carries. 

Thanks, the reason I am asking is my IR spot guy Deebo Samuel is returning. That is why.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

@Jared Cisneros @teganslaw @Narcosys - this is my bench in a particular league and I need to drop one, who do I drop?

Cam Akers, Nyheim Hines, Latavius Murray, Jeff Wilson Jr., Devonta Freeman, Brandin Cooks, Corey Davis

My starters right now are: Russell Wilson, Dalvin Cook, Rex Burkhead, Hopkins, Lockett, Golladay, Gesicki

I think Freeman becomes more prominent.  But the giants do stink. At least Freeman catches.  I would drop an RB. Murray most likely. 

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I think Freeman becomes more prominent.  But the giants do stink. At least Freeman catches.  I would drop an RB. Murray most likely. 

Once Mostert returns, Jeff Wilson Jr. has little value left???

Murray is at least #2,  Akers is most likely #2, Hines #2, Burkhead #2 or #3, and Jeff Wilson becomes #4 once Coleman returns.

This week was a dud in fantasy. I had Sunday's lineup, but with KC-NE moved to Monday, I didn't check  in time to adjust my lineup. Players were removed, and didn't count. 

Ekeler left the game in the first quarter, so I only got  a couple points from him. 

After last week's success, I guess it was bound to happen.  Can't win all the time. 

22 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

This week was a dud in fantasy. I had Sunday's lineup, but with KC-NE moved to Monday, I didn't check  in time to adjust my lineup. Players were removed, and didn't count. 

Ekeler left the game in the first quarter, so I only got  a couple points from him. 

After last week's success, I guess it was bound to happen.  Can't win all the time. 

Yep. I played Jeff Wilson Jr. instead of Latavius Murray in my RB2 and pushed my luck too far. I am ahead by 14,5 and my opponent has Matt Ryan, pretty much a done deal with 6 pts. for a TD!!! No way I am going to win.

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yep. I played Jeff Wilson Jr. instead of Latavius Murray in my RB2 and pushed my luck too far. I am ahead by 14,5 and my opponent has Matt Ryan, pretty much a done deal with 6 pts. for a TD!!! No way I am going to win.

@teganslaw - Never say never, I guess. Matt Ryan didn’t throw a TD and I won by 1 point, lol :) 

Weekly fantasy PPR tournament: I have Jerrick McKinnon in a lineup vs Miami. Raheem Mostert might be able to play this Sunday, but I won't know yet. My question: 

If Mostert takes the field, should I insert him in the lineup instead of McKinnon? Or ride with McKinnon no matter what happens? 

9 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Weekly fantasy PPR tournament: I have Jerrick McKinnon in a lineup vs Miami. Raheem Mostert might be able to play this Sunday, but I won't know yet. My question: 

If Mostert takes the field, should I insert him in the lineup instead of McKinnon? Or ride with McKinnon no matter what happens? 

If he takes the field, yes, insert him. It would be an RBC though due to him coming off an injury.

Are you using him as an RB2 or FLEX? What are your other options?

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Mckinnon is RB2. My other RB is Helaire, and FLEX is James Robinson. 

My other choices are Kareem Hunt, or Mike Davis vs Atlanta. Hunt is coming off a groin injury, so not sure. Davis faces a bad defense, so he could be an option. 

CEH, James Robinson and Mike Davis, that is what I would go with. Uncertainty with 49ers and Hunt could come up short vs Colts.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:47 PM, buccolts said:

Did that feel as odd to type as it was to read?

How refreshing.

There is the receiving aspect where Hunt seems to win though. Their OL is very good to give Baker time, as we found out. 

Aaron Rodgers is killing me in fantasy. No touchdowns, 3 interceptions, getting sacks. He was getting a lot of hype, so the day I have in my lineup, he plays badly. :wall: 

I think I found a gem in Chase Claypool, though. I didn't expect him to have a game like last week, but he is becoming an important weapon in the Steelers offense. 

On 10/18/2020 at 9:37 PM, Narcosys said:

Whew,  best week to stream Tannehill and miami lol

I survived having Ebron in my line up and a goose egg from Mattison, thanks to garbage time production from Minshew, the Steelers D and doubling down on Hopkins and Kirk with Lockett on a bye. Thankfully my opponent had an underwhelming Big Ben and TY Hilton and an injured Jonnu Smith. 

Talking about TY, man, I swear, all fantasy GMs were cursing when a TD got called back due to penalty, plus another catch. It seems like Rivers finally figured out going away from TY gave better results for us to spread it around.

@Narcosys @teganslaw @Jared Cisneros

My ESPN team is not doing so well in a half PPR league:

QB Kyler Murray

RB Drake, Ekeler (IR), Lindsay, Adrian Peterson

By virtue of losing enough, being 2-4, got Boston Scott and Giovani Bernard this week on waivers

WR/TE: Tyler Lockett, Travis Fulgham, Tim Patrick, Mark Andrews, Julian Edelman (just dropped him for Antonio Brown, hopefully that was the right decision since Edelman has been downright bad this year, took a flier)

D/ST: Chiefs, Steelers

Question for you all:

I will be needing some QB for Kyler's bye week coming up. Who do I drop after Week 7? I got Chiefs' D just for these 2 weeks vs Broncos and Jets, so I would love to have them for Week 8. Steelers play Titans and then Ravens in Week 7 and Week 8. 

Week 8 is my biggest dilemma. What is the news on Joe Mixon? Will he be out till their bye week in week 9? Any value holding on to Bernard after this week? Decisions, decisions... :) 

According to Adam Schefter, Joe Mixon will have surgery to remove small particle in his foot, and will miss at least two weeks. Bernard will take the snaps in place of Mixon week 7 and 8. If all goes well, Mixon should be back after the Bengals' bye week. 

If you can, hold on to the Chiefs' defense , especially when they face the Jets. Any defense facing the Jets should be good to go. 

10 hours ago, teganslaw said:

According to Adam Schefter, Joe Mixon will have surgery to remove small particle in his foot, and will miss at least two weeks. Bernard will take the snaps in place of Mixon week 7 and 8. If all goes well, Mixon should be back after the Bengals' bye week. 

If you can, hold on to the Chiefs' defense , especially when they face the Jets. Any defense facing the Jets should be good to go. 

Thanks. Chiefs D sure did well for me today.

Is there any value holding on to Adrian Peterson in a half PPR league?

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Jared Cisneros @Narcosys @teganslaw - In an ESPN half PPR league, I have both Adrian Peterson and Philip Lindsay. Neither of them get many receptions.

If I had to choose one to drop, who would it be? 

I'd drop Peterson. With Swift starting to become more of a bellcow back, I think Peterson will get permanently phased out of that offense. Lindsay will still get a solid share with Gordon IMO, and he'll get a few receptions per game. Pretty easy choice here. Keep Lindsay and drop Peterson.

@ chad72, if you keep Phillip Lindsay, be sure to check on updates.  He left the game last week and is under concussion protocol right now.  It's not certain if he will be available week 8. 

Here is my dilemma - Drake injured, Edmonds his handcuff on bye, Peterson and Lindsay on roster with Lindsay possibly missing Week 8, Ekeler on IR, Boston Scott and Giovani Bernard are my RBs that I hope give me 1 more week by Miles Sanders and Joe Mixon missing just 1 more game. 

But then, after week 8, what?? 2 starters down with Scott and Bernard on bye in week 9 with Sanders and Mixon probably back after that, and it will be a combo of Edmonds and I have to pray for Ekeler to come back??

I have the IR spot of Ekeler, roster spots of Drake, Edmonds and Lindsay unusable now. I am playing 4 pass catchers with Lockett, Andrews, Fulgham and Tim Patrick now. However, I need to play 2 RBs. At least Peterson stays healthy.

Thoughts?? Jamichal Hasty and Tevin Coleman are on waivers, so do I drop Lindsay then given the above situation and pick up one of them? Plus Kyler Murray is on bye week and I need a QB. This week is really really messy for me.

QB: Kyler Murray

RBs: Drake (injured and on bye), Edmonds (on bye), Boston Scott, Giovani Bernard, Ekeler (IR), Lindsay (concussion), Peterson

WRs/TEs: Lockett, Fulgham, Andrews, Tim Patrick, Antonio Brown (suspended)

D/ST: Chiefs, Steelers

Now that you have the whole picture, do I drop Lindsay? Yeah, I know I cornered myself with Antonio Brown for a roster spot, he better be worth it. :) 

I would ideally love to wait till the end of this week to find out if Lindsay is playing or not but by then, my waiver options might dwindle.

I  honestly don't know what I'd do about Lindsay; maybe someone else can help in that aspect. 

What QBs are available to replace Murray this week? Justin Herbert is doing well, and he faces Denver. That could be a good matchup, but I don't know who is out there. Joe Burrow has also been impressive, no matter the matchup . He seems to be the real deal. 

6 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I  honestly don't know what I'd do about Lindsay; maybe someone else can help in that aspect. 

What QBs are available to replace Murray this week? Justin Herbert is doing well, and he faces Denver. That could be a good matchup, but I don't know who is out there. Joe Burrow has also been impressive, no matter the matchup . He seems to be the real deal. 

I will figure it out on the QB front, just need to know who to drop. 

Right now, I have to hedge a few bets - bet on Miles Sanders and Joe Mixon to miss 1 more game to get me through week 8. Then drop either Lindsay or Peterson to pick up a QB - my best options are Derek Carr and Baker Mayfield on waivers right now that are facing each other.

On 10/31/2020 at 8:44 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Should I bench Elliott this week? He was not effective last week and Philly has a pretty good run defense. 

I just saw this post. I don't know if you already benched Elliott, but suggest you do so from now on. The Cowboys play the Steelers next week, and with Dak out, Elliott is not going to improve much. In fact, the whole team should be benched!

12 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I just saw this post. I don't know if you already benched Elliott, but suggest you do so from now on. The Cowboys play the Steelers next week, and with Dak out, Elliott is not going to improve much. In fact, the whole team should be benched!

I benched Zeke in another league and played Giovani and Josh Jacobs, worked out good. Now, I will have James Robinson coming off his bye week, that should help me.

I seem to land in hot water more when I do not trust myself.

I have asked for draft advice and I have asked for line up advice here before. I uploaded my Colts elite league line up with RW, Herbert, Dalvin Cook, Damien Harris, Lockett, Hopkins, Boyd, Kirk, Gronk, Corey Davis, Deebo Samuel, Jared Cook, Murray, Mattinson on to other sites and get a "meh" rating but I am 1st in the league., for crying out loud.

I should just trust my gut with fantasy line ups. For example, there is an app called Fantasy Life where I asked if I would be better off playing Rivers over Baker given the weather conditions and I got the answer that they wouldn't trust Rivers. I had the weird feeling I should go with my gut with Rivers playing indoors and I paid the price for playing Baker. 

Just venting, should be more confident after playing 12 plus years of FF. :) 

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

I seem to land in hot water more when I do not trust myself.

I have asked for draft advice and I have asked for line up advice here before. I uploaded my Colts elite league line up with RW, Herbert, Dalvin Cook, Damien Harris, Lockett, Hopkins, Boyd, Kirk, Gronk, Corey Davis, Deebo Samuel, Jared Cook, Murray, Mattinson on to other sites and get a "meh" rating but I am 1st in the league., for crying out loud.

I should just trust my gut with fantasy line ups. For example, there is an app called Fantasy Life where I asked if I would be better off playing Rivers over Baker given the weather conditions and I got the answer that they wouldn't trust Rivers. I had the weird feeling I should go with my gut with Rivers playing indoors and I paid the price for playing Baker. 

Just venting, should be more confident after playing 12 plus years of FF. :) 

Ya i love that fantasy life app.

I haven't been as helpful because i have been so busy i barely have time to manage my one team, and was able to do zero studying pre draft. Sorry man. 

Tournament PPR league: I have Dalvin Cook as my #1 receiver this week. I noticed that Christian McCaffrey will return against KC, though. McCaffrey was a must start in my lineups until he got injured. 

Should I still keep Cook vs Detroit  or replace him with McCaffrey? I can't afford both.  Also, would McCaffrey have many snaps or share them with Davis since this is his first game back?  Thanks. 

Tournament PPR league: I have Dalvin Cook as my #1 receiver this week. I noticed that Christian McCaffrey will return against KC, though. McCaffrey was a must start in my lineups until he got injured. 

Should I still keep Cook vs Detroit  or replace him with McCaffrey? I can't afford both.  Also, would McCaffrey have many snaps or share them with Davis since this is his first game back?  Thanks. 

a) How did you manage to get both Dalvin Cook and Christian McCaffrey on your roster?

b) What kind of league is this where you cannot play both if you have them both on your roster?

Archived