Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More QBs are being placed on Covid-19 list, hmmm.

Thunderbolt

I just dont see how this season is gonna happen.  Sure, maybe 2 or 3 weeks, but i see teams getting the virus.  Then the spread.  Then not only covid-positive players will be list, but more players not infected will decide to sit it out.   By midseason, teams will be signing 3rd string canadian league players...... to start.  This is gonna get ugly folks.  Just look at MLB.

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

Stafford, now Minshew are on that list, this brings up an interesting topic of conversation. A  point of interest if they're interested in our back-up QB.  Maybe we can get a 2nd or a 3rd on him.

Just maybe Ballard holds on to him in case he is needed right here on this team. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Brissett haters need to give up, he isn't going anywhere. He is too valuable as a back up. 

Yep, he's a Colt for 2020.   I can accept that.  

There is no way a team would offer a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.  Especially with the season in jeopardy of not happening.  

If I was the GM of a bad/mediocre team, I would consider trading any players on the last year of their contract that you don't intend to resign.  

31 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If we trade JB we’d be in the same spot as those teams needing a good backup if our starter goes down.

Makes no sense.  

The only way it would make sense is if they are very high on Easons ability to be a starter.  

42 minutes ago, Myles said:

The only way it would make sense is if they are very high on Easons ability to be a starter.  

I can't see that either.  This team is primed for a run, having experienced backups, especially QB, can get us there.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Or Kelly. JB wasn't the only QB on the roster last year. Seems unlikely though...from a Colts standpoint...not to mention that the trading team would have to take on JB's base salary as well...which might be tricky (depending on the team).

Archived