Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sports Pickle: Sources: Free Agent Qb Jim Sorgi Leaning Towards Signing With Broncos (Humor)

Jules

http://www.sportspic...ng-with-broncos

NFL free agent quarterback Jim Sorgi has reportedly whittled down his list of desired destinations to the Denver Broncos.

“I feel like they’re the best fit for me,” said Sorgi, who played the bulk of his career with the Colts. “I really feel like the system they have there is in line with my skills. I am impressed by what I’ve seen of their clipboards and headsets. They’re state of the art.”

If Sorgi signs with the Broncos, it would be Denver’s second quarterback acquisition this week, following the team’s acquisition of Peyton Manning on Monday. But Broncos officials reportedly are not yet ready to commit to the former Wisconsin quarterback.

“Sorgi … Sorgi … Sorgi … doesn’t really ring a bell,” said Broncos executive vice president John Elway. “Wait, is he that dorky looking guy who held a clipboard for Peyton all those years? I don’t even think he was in football last year. Yeah, I don’t see us signing him. heck, I hate Tim Tebow and I’d rather have Tim over Sorgi.”

Sorgi did not play in the NFL last season and admits that while the Broncos are his top choice, he doesn’t currently have any offers and would gladly sign a contract with any team in the league.

“You know, maybe it’s best if the Broncos don’t sign me,” said Sorgi. “Peyton is coming off of an injury. Who’s to say he won’t get hurt again? Then I would have to play. I don’t want any part of that. No way. No thank you. Jim Sorgi doesn’t play football. Tell the Broncos I will gladly take their third-string job, nothing better. I need another buffer between me and getting on the field.”

How can you bring in a 31 year old backup who hasn't played in 2 years to back up a player who has had 4 neck procedures in the last 2 years. Maybe bring him in, but at least draft a guy like Nick Foles in the 3rd round because I wouldn't feel that safe with just Sorgi behind PM

How can you bring in a 31 year old backup who hasn't played in 2 years to back up a player who has had 4 neck procedures in the last 2 years. Maybe bring him in, but at least draft a guy like Nick Foles in the 3rd round because I wouldn't feel that safe with just Sorgi behind PM

the article is a joke, man, lighten up. Edit lol

Edited by Coltssouth
inappropriate