Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson ranked fourth overall in NFL per PFF

CR91

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I get why folks scratch their heads a bit on Leonard because of the small school thing. That's understandable to me and natural. I can't understand the hate that Smith was getting though. He was a highly decorated OL from big school, and had pretty good projections. I mean I know OL aren't sexy picks in general (especially interior), but to me it was a very safe pick in terms of value, and low risk. The only surprise is that he's succeeded at OT instead of OG.

If memory serves...    this was the thinking at 36/37....

There was a DE/OLB who was very popular with the crowd here looking for a pass rusher...

Landry?    A kid from Boston College.     And there was a CB.   Josh Jackson, from Iowa.   Many here thought those two seemed like natural fits given our needs.     Landry went to Tennessee,  and I think Jackson went do Green Bay.    Those were the two popular forecasts...

Nobody had heard of Turay -- Rutgers not a big name program.   And Lewis was projected by most as a 3rd or 4th rounder and we traded up a few spots to take him with pick 64.   So, the 4 players we picked were predicted by literally nobody.   And what little info we had wasn't as encouraging as the crowd here was hoping for.

It was a strange night....

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If memory serves...    this was the thinking at 36/37....

There was a DE/OLB who was very popular with the crowd here looking for a pass rusher...

Landry?    A kid from Boston College.     And there was a CB.   Josh Jackson, from Iowa.   Many here thought those two seemed like natural fits given our needs.     Landry went to Tennessee,  and I think Jackson went do Green Bay.    Those were the two popular forecasts...

Nobody had heard of Turay -- Rutgers not a big name program.   And Lewis was projected by most as a 3rd or 4th rounder and we traded up a few spots to take him with pick 64.   So, the 4 players we picked were predicted by literally nobody.   And what little info we had wasn't as encouraging as the crowd here was hoping for.

It was a strange night....

I wasn't all that high on Josh Jackson and Landry. I think Jackson is now a S. Not sure how Landry is fairing, but I don't recall that I've heard much.

I was screaming for Justin Reid though with each of the two late 2nd round picks. I also would have taken Hubbard over Lewis with that last 2nd round pick. Honestly I was pretty happy with all those early picks except Lewis. I probably look closer at the prospects more than most though.

Archived