Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Division Winners (Post Draft and FA) Predictions

danlhart87

19 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Wow. The Cards winning the West is bold! I like Bengals winning the North if Joe can be super Joe his rookie year.  No way Pats win the East. They will be lucky to win 6 games. Bills easily take the East.

You are clearly doubting Bill Belichick 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

You are clearly doubting Bill Belichick 

Not at all. But every coach has his limits. The Patriots roster is awful offensively. It also appears they are going with Stidham as their starter or worse Hoyer who was putrid last year. I think this is more or a less a throw away year for them as they will have a lot of cap next year and a shot at Lawrence. Plus, the Bills getting Diggs to go along with that fierce defense makes them prohibitive favorites. Miami will be good too.

I just learned that Chan Gailey is the Dolphin’s OC. Fitz might as well retire now and Tua might as well go into broadcasting. Kidding...but not by much. Chan Gailey is alot like Mike Mularkey. And he’s like 1000 years old. That’s 1 down for the Pats already. I didn’t blame Allen for the Bill’s loss like many people did and I still don’t, but that’s going to be hard to overcome. I don’t know how many guys in the lockeroom are over Allen and I don’t know if the coach can pull them back together. And the Jets lol! So yeah...taking the Pats without even getting into the GOAT HC stuff.

Pats

Chiefs

Ravens

Titans (but pulling for the Colts of course)

Eagles

Rams

Vikings

Saints

There’s my complete list. Those just seem like the best teams and historically the CCG loser crashes back to Earth hard. You’ll notice I didn’t pick either team. I have the Saints in as a fraud team, or a team whose backup goes undefeated, or a team whose backup makes all the big plays then they go 1 and done. Hmmm sounds familiar lol!

33 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I don't expect Tua to play at all next year and Fitzpatrick won't do much.

Bills might have crazy fans but they have a reputation for choking. 

They didn't choke last year. They kept coming and coming and almost took the division. The playoff game was awful at the end but Allen is still a young QB. He will bounce back. I can see them winning 10/11 games and winning the East by 3 games.

6 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

They didn't choke last year. They kept coming and coming and almost took the division. The playoff game was awful at the end but Allen is still a young QB. He will bounce back. I can see them winning 10/11 games and winning the East by 3 games.

Belichick proved he can be good even without Brady.

Stidham won't be an all star but I fully expect a 10 win season. 

Bills will compete but fall short 9-7

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Belichick proved he can be good even without Brady.

Stidham won't be an all star but I fully expect a 10 win season. 

Bills will compete but fall short 9-7

Who are the 10 wins against? They play the AFC West and NFC West. The Bills have the same divisions but do not play the Chiefs or Ravens.

It seems every season there is 5 or 6 teams in both conferences that either play a lot better than expected and also 5 or 6 teams who fail their anticipated records.

I am not going to predict who finishes where because the are entirely too many factors that can happen. 

That is why predictions turn into guesses. 

AFC East - Bills. There will be a new sheriff in town.

AFC South - Colts. 1st time since 2014.

AFC North - Ravens (no brainer)

AFC West - Chiefs (no brainer)

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC South - Bucs.  I think the Saints take a step back and this will be Brees last year. Brady is on the decline but he has a lot of weapons and a good coach.

NFC North - Vikings. Packers have some internal problems. They don't seem happy with Rodgers and Rodgers doesn't with them either.

NFC West - Seahawks. Wilson is easily the best QB in that division. I think the 49ers take a step back, the SB loser normally does have a hangover.

12 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Losses 

Seahawks Ravens Chiefs Cardinals Dolphins Bills

So you have then going 4-2 in the division AND beating San Fran, both LA teams and Denver?

I think they will be fortunate to go 3-3 in the division but 2-4 is more likely as the Bills should sweep them. They win 2 games in the AFC West - most likely Raiders and maybe Chargers. The only game in the NFC West that they could win is the Cards but that will be really tough with Murray coming on. So 6-10, possibly 7-9 is the way I see it.

Archived