Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jamaal Anderson

Blackhawk4

With Anderson being one of the multiple FAs we have, thought some of you would like some news on him. Atleast from what I understood of his tweets and Mathis' tweets he's very likely gone. The Colts pretty much told him he does not fit the scheme and is more suited to a 4-3 (This honestly is not a huge surprise to me). A shame we only got him for one season, but I think for one season he did a pretty good job on the D-line. If he does move on, hopefully he finds a team and continues to have a successful career.

At least this kinda gives us an idea of what they will do in free agency or the draft. He was a solid 4-3 end. It seems like the colts are serious about getting big on the defensive line, that's a good thing. I'm thinking everyone who became a free agent will stay a free agent. Maybe we get Phillip wheeler back but who knows. Tamme is pulling a Pierre garçon right now,so don't expect him back. Hopefully we get aubrayo Franklin or Antonio garay in free agency and alameda Ta'amu in the draft

At least this kinda gives us an idea of what they will do in free agency or the draft. He was a solid 4-3 end. It seems like the colts are serious about getting big on the defensive line, that's a good thing. I'm thinking everyone who became a free agent will stay a free agent. Maybe we get Phillip wheeler back but who knows. Tamme is pulling a Pierre garçon right now,so don't expect him back. Hopefully we get aubrayo Franklin or Antonio garay in free agency and alameda Ta'amu in the draft

How can you say Tamme is pulling a Garcon? Garcon was offered a contract Tamme meh Gotta do what you gotta do is what Tamme is doing in my eyes. JMO

Cory Redding posted on his twitter account that he would be wearing #90 for the Colts. Guess who currently wears #90? Yup...he's probably gone unfortunately.

Colts just cannot afford his cap hit. 19 Million is last I heard on Dwight the Fright. Thanks to Bill Polian.

Colts just cannot afford his cap hit. 19 Million is last I heard on Dwight the Fright. Thanks to Bill Polian.

If they trade or cut Freeney don't the Colts still take the cap hit? Also where are the Colts with the cap at this exact moment?

If they trade or cut Freeney don't the Colts still take the cap hit? Also where are the Colts with the cap at this exact moment?

There's a dead cap hit but its not nearly the same amount. Ask Frog or FireJim the exact amount.

With the amount of buzz from teams BEGGING Peyton to come I'm POSITIVE that Irsey could have traded him for a conditional draft pick that would have turned into a first. IMO he released him as a favor to Peyton for time served. Freeny doesn't have that buzz or the team favor. The best we would do is just keep him and trade him in the summer for a 13' draft pick. Once teams see that we're not going to just release him they might make good offers.

With the amount of buzz from teams BEGGING Peyton to come I'm POSITIVE that Irsey could have traded him for a conditional draft pick that would have turned into a first. IMO he released him as a favor to Peyton for time served. Freeny doesn't have that buzz or the team favor. The best we would do is just keep him and trade him in the summer for a 13' draft pick. Once teams see that we're not going to just release him they might make good offers.

Trading Peyton wouldn't have worked because we would have been forced to eat a lot of his contract, but that's a good point about Freeney. Teams might be waiting us out to see if we release him, but if we hold on to him it might eventually get someone to offer a nice trade deal.

I think he's a good player, but I don't think he fits our system very well. He's too slow to play 3-4 OLB, and we already have depth at that spot. He's too small to play 3-4 DE, so he must either add 12 pounds of muscle, which is hard to do. He's the odd man out, just like Eric Foster. I don't see him sticking around.

I think he's a good player, but I don't think he fits our system very well. He's too slow to play 3-4 OLB, and we already have depth at that spot. He's too small to play 3-4 DE, so he must either add 12 pounds of muscle, which is hard to do. He's the odd man out, just like Eric Foster. I don't see him sticking around.

I dont know if Freeney cant play end in a 3-4....because I dodnt know exactly what our hybrid 23-4 will be like..

There's no doubt Freeney is our best pass rusher and one of the tops in the league..

It seems we're waiting for draft day to see what offers there are for him

I dont know if Freeney cant play end in a 3-4....because I dodnt know exactly what our hybrid 23-4 will be like..

There's no doubt Freeney is our best pass rusher and one of the tops in the league..

Thats what I see happening as well. I think Grigs is playing it smart by not just giving up Freeney unless the right offer is made. Something like a 2nd round pick, which btw NE has 2 of them and have a HUGE need at pass rushing. They also have 2 1st round picks so dont rule that out.

Well we've seen some 4-3 DEs make good transitions, and Pagano is a "great teacher" according to Terrell Suggs so that should help too. As of right now, he does not know how to play it, but he'll learn and probably do pretty well in his first year, that's... if he stays. I think the draft is the last straw to trade him, because that's really the last time that teams will be in that kind of trading mood. If we don't trade him then, it's either a release or unfortunately keep him and his big contract.

Manning being traded = 33 million cap hit

Freeney being traded = 5 million cap hit

That's why the Colts are exploring trading Freeney but didn't trade Peyton.