Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wr, Tight End.....who? How?

oldunclemark

Difference is magnitude, expectations, pressure, the game itself, money

There is no difference in the two except for who's getting the money. Instead of the University raking in all the cash, Luck is getting payed. Other than that, there is not really any difference.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Irsay has probably been in contact with Luck and if there was any indication that he wasn't going to sign here, then no way does Manning get cut.

Absolutely right........that bridge has been crossed....BC

I'm sure Andrew is already looking for a condo in Indy...

But guys..how 'bout those recievers and tight ends we can grab up...

...we need big time speed to compliment Collie and Wayne

..and where's our 6-foot-7 Gronk-style tight end>

We need to sign and draft some for sure.

We may be a little thin there in 2012.

No difference in the challenge. Luck likes challenges. Luck was unafraid to join a previously poor-performing team to make it better. Luck joined the 1-11 Stanford team. He did make it better, much better. 4 years later, Stanford went 11-2. I expect Luck to accept the challenge of joining the 2-14 Colts team when he is drafted. I expect him to make it better, much better.

Yes, all i am saying is does he has enough patience. Coz with the current team it wont be in a year or 2

This next question has NOTHING to do with this topic....but since so many people are here...how is Madden going to rate Manning on the Broncos? He surely can't be rated at 98+ like in previous versions....perhaps a 91? :)

Luck will probably be around an 89 or something like that..

Dont we need 2 or 3 tight ends?

Don't we still have Brody Eldridge who's a TE/FB and the other Gronk? Both can be the blocking TE. We just need that #1 TE now. As far as depthchart requirements we only need 3 listed.

I'd give Brody another year before upgrading him.

Yes, all i am saying is does he has enough patience. Coz with the current team it wont be in a year or 2

You're questioning his patience?

He decided to return to school for his senior academic year to complete his degree, while the NFL was beckoning for him to enter the 2011 draft. He was also rated as the first pick back then as well.

As a highly ranked college prospect coming out of HS, he red-shirted his freshman year, and waited a whole year to play.

I think he is plenty patient.

I agree we need Fleener IMO....and I think Blair White is a great receiver and he will be great if he has a chance to play...I've never been so excited for pre-season football in all my life lol!!

I wonder who they will get as a backup QB also....it'd be nice if we could score Kellen Moore somehow.

You're questioning his patience?

He decided to return to school for his senior academic year to complete his degree, while the NFL was beckoning for him to enter the 2011 draft. He was also rated as the first pick back then as well.

As a highly ranked college prospect coming out of HS, he red-shirted his freshman year, and waited a whole year to play.

I think he is plenty patient.

Good, we will see him in playoffs 2017

alright, Luck might not have the horses right now. But in time he will. I dont know if he expects this team to be completed by year 1. This is a gradual build. I think if it were going to be year 4 or 5 and still no true weapons or RB or O line like Tim Couch had a lack of in Cleveland it would be a different story.

agree with Joker on #2 WR and TE in draft. Seems to be a deep WR drafting class. Still seems like a pretty daunting task with all the glaring holes on the team. Oline needs sured up, need at least one CB, another TE, and a running back(gonna get hammered for that one) and a partridge in a pear tree.

As much as I think we need to focus on defense in this years draft a TE and WR is a must get this year. If the best player available in the second round is a WR to TE I think Grigson has to jump at them especially if that BPA is a TE.

The only TE we have is Eldridge who has not even been that great at blocking since he got here. Even if re-sign Tamme it is not like he is the long term answer at TE either.

Reggie is still able to produce, but then all we have behind him is Collie and White. Collie is great in the slot, but I do not know if he will be able to go outside and still have the impact he has in the slot. I would like to see us take a WR and let Reggie groom him and then in two years or three he will be able to be the main guy like Reggie did with Marvin.

This is a passing league so if they do not get Luck the tools he needs then Grigson will not be getting off on the right foot. The 49ers and Ravens have great defenses, but their inability to produce offense because of lack of skill positions dooms them.

agree with Joker on #2 WR and TE in draft. Seems to be a deep WR drafting class. Still seems like a pretty daunting task with all the glaring holes on the team. Oline needs sured up, need at least one CB, another TE, and a running back(gonna get hammered for that one) and a partridge in a pear tree.

We have 10 draft picks and we've already potentially filled some holes in FA. We can grab a WR and a TE in the draft with that many picks.

Fleener or Oline in round 2. He won't be there in round 3. heck, he might not even be there at 34. moot point.

With how weak the TE class it's more than likely he will be there at 34, but I see better prospects than him at 34 as well. I can see a team getting him in the first, because the TE class is weak, but not by 27-32 pick in the 1st round.

I know this won't happen...but I think it would be great if the Colt's would resign Addai ...... and use him primarily as a third down back like the Patriots did so many years with Kevin Faulk......he's 28... (I think)....and would be a great asset in the passing game with his blocking and pass catching abilities...

We have 10 draft picks and we've already potentially filled some holes in FA. We can grab a WR and a TE in the draft with that many picks.

We have far more than 10 holes if you are counting backups....(we need 3 or 4 receivers..not one, for example)

and our money is short

I'd just like to hear some names..some possibilities

Ever heard of Eli and Elway

Elway had baseball to fall back on. Eli did not so if the Chargers really wanted him they should have called his bluff and made him sit out a year. In Elway's defense no one really wanted to play for Frank Kush. Luck wants to be selected first so RGIII doesn't win every acolade. Luck will also have a player friendly head coach which Kush was not. Luck has an OC who mentored Peyton as a QB coach and has won a SB as an OC with Pittsburgh. Luck has two outstanding receivers in Wayne and Collie who can help him with NFL defenses.

As much as I think we need to focus on defense in this years draft a TE and WR is a must get this year. If the best player available in the second round is a WR to TE I think Grigson has to jump at them especially if that BPA is a TE.

The only TE we have is Eldridge who has not even been that great at blocking since he got here. Even if re-sign Tamme it is not like he is the long term answer at TE either.

Reggie is still able to produce, but then all we have behind him is Collie and White. Collie is great in the slot, but I do not know if he will be able to go outside and still have the impact he has in the slot. I would like to see us take a WR and let Reggie groom him and then in two years or three he will be able to be the main guy like Reggie did with Marvin.

This is a passing league so if they do not get Luck the tools he needs then Grigson will not be getting off on the right foot. The 49ers and Ravens have great defenses, but their inability to produce offense because of lack of skill positions dooms them.

Depends on their skillset level, if it's a legitimate #2 receiver/possible #1 or a solid blocking/passing TE like Clark I wouldn't mind taking it in the 2nd round. Otherwise I rather go after a NT(if we don't get one in FA), a Center(I would love Konz from Wisconsin if he isn't drafted in the first), or a SS/CB, which I guarentee there will be good ones hanging around at that point. It's not really good news, but this team will still have quite a few holes, so I agree with the drafting of best player possible since there are many needs.

As far as your last point, the Niners actually have alot of talent on offense with Gore, Crabtree and Vernon Davis now they have even more with Vincent Jackson. I know Gore and I believe Crabtree were both drafted in the first round. Their set back is the QB position, but Smith was sufficient last season.

On another note this team also needs a legitimate #1 power running back. I don't think they can get that quality in the 2nd round, but if they could, the Colts might want to pull the trigger. Although I think it's best they just wait for next season and use the first round for that position.

Re-builds happen all the time in the NFL. Why would Luck want to go to Washington, where he knows he has an Owner that is going to try and run things like he is Jerry Jones? A team that is known for blowing loads of Cash on FAs only to have it come back to bite them?

I would much rather go to a team that has an owner that is going to try and run things like he is Williy Wonka...

Ever hear of leverage? Back then Elway had leverage, especially being the #1 overall pick in the draft. Eli wasn't even the #1 overall pick and he only had a select few options who would swap picks with him. Elway had the leverage of playing baseball for the Yankees and Eli had the Manning name. Luck can't go to the colts and go "Draft me and I'm going to play so and so for xyz team". If you really think he can successfully demand to not play for the Colts you might want to take a look at the little to no leverage he has.

Eli was the #1 over all....he was picked by the Chargers...

We have far more than 10 holes if you are counting backups....(we need 3 or 4 receivers..not one, for example)

and our money is short

I'd just like to hear some names..some possibilities

the only WR we lost was Garcon, no need to replace Gonzo since his replacement is already here (White). We lost 2 TEs but we were slightly overstocked at TE. We can get away with getting 1 WR and 1 TE.

Why would we need 3 to 4 more WRs??? We have 3 already. After we draft our #2 WR, White becomes the backup/4th receiver on 4 wide plays. 4 WRs is all that's needed for NFL rosters, Practice squad players are often used for extra WR backups

Fleener or Oline in round 2. He won't be there in round 3. heck, he might not even be there at 34. moot point.

With the loss of Daniel Fells to the Pats, the Broncos are starving at TE. They will bring in Dallas Clark, and then they turn around and draft Coby Fleener with the No.25 pick, just watch them do that. :) Unlike other speculation, I doubt they will go after Mike Wallace.

DeMaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Dallas Clark, Coby Fleener and the occasional snaps with Brandon Stokely. It looks good enough on paper to me.

Don't we still have Brody Eldridge who's a TE/FB and the other Gronk? Both can be the blocking TE. We just need that #1 TE now. As far as depthchart requirements we only need 3 listed.

I'd give Brody another year before upgrading him.

Is Eldrigde under contact? Clark and Tamme are not

You need 3 tight ends, right?

..so we need 2....or 3 ...

our roster is a little light on the catching boys

With the loss of Daniel Fells to the Pats, the Broncos are starving at TE. They will bring in Dallas Clark, and then they turn around and draft Coby Fleener with the No.25 pick, just watch them do that. :) Unlike other speculation, I doubt they will go after Mike Wallace.

DeMaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Dallas Clark, Coby Fleener and the occasional snaps with Brandon Stokely. It looks good enough on paper to me.

They have Vigil Green, who looks to have some potential, so I don't see them going for Dallas and Fleener...my bet is on Clark or Tamme and sign Wallace. IMO it doesn't make sense for them to not go after Wallace.