Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

List 3 to 5 players mocked as first rounders that fall to the second round?

1 hour ago, atapcl said:

Laviska Shenault

Yatur Gross-Matos

Jacob Eason 

If memory serves, in the most recent NFL.com 4 round mock draft from a day or two ago, they had the Colts taking Shenault with their first pick of the 2nd round and they had Eason falling to the Colts in the 3rd round. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107683/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-buccaneers-nab-rb-in-round-2

4 hours ago, rockywoj said:

If memory serves, in the most recent NFL.com 4 round mock draft from a day or two ago, they had the Colts taking Shenault with their first pick of the 2nd round and they had Eason falling to the Colts in the 3rd round. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107683/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-buccaneers-nab-rb-in-round-2

GBN Report still has all 3 in round 1.

7 minutes ago, atapcl said:

GBN Report

I watched JT O'Sullivan's breakdown of Eason & I was not impressed with him at all.  Big arm but his stats & career just scream mediocrity.  Maybe someone will take a shot on that big arm thinking they can refine him but he seems like way too much of a project to take even in the 3rd for us.  Get someone who will contribute on the field.

If we do go QB & can't sneak back into the end of the first for say Love, I'd rather us take a chance on Hurts in the 3rd over Eason.  Guy's a natural leader and has legitimately improved every year in college.  I wouldn't be shocked if Belichick takes him based off of a strong endorsement from Saban.  

Eason was never a first round pick. Pre or post combine. Teams love him because of his strong arm but there is really nothing else about him to go crazy and reach for him over. 

AJ Epenesa - Epenesa is falling to the second round. Had a weak combine, nothing special about him, and he looks like a 6 sack a year guy. Does teams really want to spend a mid first round pick on a 6 sack a year guy? 

Josh Jones - A guy who has all the talent but just needs to put it together. Some scouts say, he's better suited as a guard. But get this guy to work on his technique and he can be a great LT. 

Tee Higgins - Because he can't separate. 

Archived