Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash [Merge]

I have to admit, I really don't feel anything.  Probably because I haven't watched the NBA for a long time.   

Does the grieving outpour stem from him being a Laker?   I get that he is probably a top 5 all time NBA player.  

Sad tragedy for sure.    

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I have to admit, I really don't feel anything.  Probably because I haven't watched the NBA for a long time.   

Does the grieving outpour stem from him being a Laker?   I get that he is probably a top 5 all time NBA player.  

Sad tragedy for sure.    

Global Icon regardless of sport. Mamba mentality 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Global Icon regardless of sport. Mamba mentality 

As far as a father goes from what I have seen he loved his daughters so he was an excellent loving father. That adds to his legacy. On my latest top 10 greatest players list he made it as I had:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. LeBron James

5. Wilt Chamberlain

6. Larry Bird

7. Shaq O'Neal

8. Kobe Bryant - I have him here, see below is to why

9. Bill Russell

10. Tim Duncan

-Kobe = 5 Championships in total, a League MVP in 2008 and really should have 2 as he got ripped off in 2006 when he didn't win it averaging 35.6 a game. He also won 2 Finals MVP's and won 2 Championships without Shaq in 2009 and 2010. His 2nd best player was Pau Gasol when he won the 2 without Shaq. Kobe was a global icon and loved around the world. When he passed away it was like Michael Jackson or Elvis passing away media wise. It has been insane today on the news, that is all anyone is talking about.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 4:17 PM, Myles said:

Sad tragedy for sure.    

For me, it's the 41 years old loving father who seemed to be somewhat of a class act (the rape incident not being a good thing, though).  The thought of raising his children being there for them...not going to happen...just extremely sad.  He had so much future...

I don't do death so we'll.

Praying for all involved.

• Like 2