Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What about . . . (ducks) . . . Derek Carr?

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Yes.  Carr is better than all of the rookie QBs, IMO. 

If it only took pick #34 to get him, its such an easy decision.  He's 28 and costs less than $20 mil per year.  We then have our entire draft intact. Draft our Nelson for the Dline and our team will contend for the division right away and beyond.   Draft skill players after that and Carr will look even better.

We'd be in a position to draft a young QB in the following years whenever the talent and our draft position align, instead of having to reach for one this year who might not be that great.

And if we could pull off a trade before FA starts we might have a better chance of acquiring some talent that might be leery of JB as our QB.  I see a lot of upside.  They would need a way to move on from JB so there would be no doubt whose team it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

I’m not seeing it. Just like, I’m not seeing Carr get traded for less than a late 1st or early 2nd. Some delusional fans here. 

Yep, get Carr for pick No.34 and most of your draft is in tact and you don't have to bring up a rookie up to pace in our system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The only issue is bringing a FA QB is a huge risk if he would fit and gain trust in the locker room. It’s easier to mold a rookie into the locker room. Although there is no character concerns or anything with Carr but would the guys accept him. Mike Chappell actually mentioned on the radio today Carr would be a guy Reich would love to have.

You don’t think this WR core would accept Carr? Man they’d jump for joy. You can see the frustration from TY and others ( even the over throw Sunday when Hilton beat his guy by 5 yards). Ebron seen the writing on the wall, just like us fans. Don’t agree with his decision, but he knows what JB has. 

On 12/23/2019 at 5:01 PM, boo2202 said:

You don’t think this WR core would accept Carr? Man they’d jump for joy. You can see the frustration from TY and others ( even the over throw Sunday when Hilton beat his guy by 5 yards). Ebron seen the writing on the wall, just like us fans. Don’t agree with his decision, but he knows what JB has. 

A QB who has not been apart of this team would have to earn a lot of trust.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 4:01 PM, boo2202 said:

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

A QB who has not been apart of this team would have to earn a lot of trust.

I completely agree with this. If the reports are true and Jacoby is Loved that much in the locker room. It would be hard to bring in someone else to replace him via free agency. Also side note, Ballard is huge on draft and build your locker room. Bringing in a FA QB to take JB job doesn’t fit his MO. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I completely agree with this. If the reports are true and Jacoby is Loved that much in the locker room. It would be hard to bring in someone else to replace him via free agency. Also side note, Ballard is huge on draft and build your locker room. Bringing in a FA QB to take JB job doesn’t fit his MO. 

I think this is overblown, I also believe he has likely lost a lot of support ... the other players may not be verbalizing their skepticism of JB being "the guy" it, but IMO many are definitely thinking it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1