Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conferences Championship Games: discussions, impressions, etc.

I didn't know where to post my thoughts on the games today, so I decided this week of college football is worth its own thread. So here we go... 

Here are the games 

BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

12:00 pm #7 Baylor vs #6 Oklahoma

SUN BELT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

12:00 pm Louisiana vs #21 Appalachian State

MAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

12:00 pm Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan

CONFERENCE USA CHAMPIONSHIP

1:30 pm UAB vs Florida Atlantic

AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

3:30 pm #20 Cincinnati vs #17 Memphis

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

4:00 pm #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

MOUNTAIN WEST CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

4:00 pm Hawai'i vs #19 Boise State

ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

7:30 pm #23 Virginia vs #3 Clemson

BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

8:00 pm #1 Ohio State vs #8 Wisconsin

What are you guys looking forward to watch? 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't wait to see that LSU/Georgia game. I may be wrong but I think LSU keeps their train rolling. 

I'm more interested to see how Fromm does. It's very likely they will need to actually score some points in order to win this one, so Fromm will need to move the ball and make things happen. This is important game for his draft profile. 

• Like 3

I know that Jalen has improvements that need to be made but look at what he has done when he has a legit coach who helps him. 

Kiffin- 2016

2,780 yards, 23 TD, 9 INT- passing

954 yards, 13 TD- Rushing

Lincoln Riley- 2019

3,039 yards, 28 TD, 5 INT- passing

983 yards, 15 TD- rushing

Led Alabama to Back to Back CFP Championship Games. Then went to Oklahoma and led to CFP Playoff. 

All I’m saying is he intrigued me and the kid is a WINNER, everywhere he goes. Also he improves. 

imagine what Reich could do with him. 

5 hours ago, stitches said:

I didn't know where to post my thoughts on the games today, so I decided this week of college football is worth its own thread. So here we go... 

Here are the games 

BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

12:00 pm #7 Baylor vs #6 Oklahoma

SUN BELT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

12:00 pm Louisiana vs #21 Appalachian State

MAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

12:00 pm Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan

CONFERENCE USA CHAMPIONSHIP

1:30 pm UAB vs Florida Atlantic

AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

3:30 pm #20 Cincinnati vs #17 Memphis

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

4:00 pm #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

MOUNTAIN WEST CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

4:00 pm Hawai'i vs #19 Boise State

ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

7:30 pm #23 Virginia vs #3 Clemson

BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

8:00 pm #1 Ohio State vs #8 Wisconsin

What are you guys looking forward to watch? 

Hi Stitches,

There is a College Football thread for the whole season. There are not many posts but I thought I'd mention it since you wrote that you were not sure where to post this. 

I am looking forward to Georgia and LSU. My favorite college QB is playing. Fromm is not the better of the two but he is the type of QB I like. He does not have glossy stats but seems to have all the intangibles. 

Note: I'm not sure where the Purdue Boilermakers logo came from. It does not show on the College Football thread.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Re: Georgia -- LSU

Joe Burrow looked like Aaron Rodgers on this first TD throw. He had so much time to throw!

Burrow is a baller. AND a good QB. I can't believe this transformation. Someone's gonna get a real nice player. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Why was that not a fumble on that LSU player earlier? The player caught the pass, fell and lost the ball BEFORE he was touched by any Georgia player. 

Because they don't need to be touched to be down. If knee or forearm, etc touched the ground the player is ruled down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Burrow is clearly ready to start in the NFL.

Fromn actually doesn’t look bad it’s just he has been inaccurate and WR have dropped the ball.  I can see him as a NFL QB if he just works in his accuracy. They did mention his accuracy took a hit with WR injuries. They also mentioned his personality which tends to not be a alpha which hurts his leadership skills.

I have a feeling outside of Burrow and TUA there are going to be a lot of QB busts out of this draft. If the colts can’t get Love and develop him for a year we might be screwed. Some of these teams that need QB are going to be in trouble. Maybe they decide to build their team and wait for a QB in a later round. Some of these guys might drop. Didn’t Mariota go to Oregon. Seems that system hurts players going to the next level.

38 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they will just have to try again next year.  teams swing and miss in the draft it happens 

Furthermore - this is the best strategy when it comes to QBs. If you don't have a franchise QB you are screwed in the league... so... when you don't have one you try and try again until you get one.