Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Have the Colts ever won without TY Hilton

Valpo2004

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

It's just confusing to me when the staff doesn't explain why they arent passing deep. They act like it's all apart of the plan but it clearly isnt. 

Honestly  other than Hilton  our other receivers  aren't  as good at the deep catches. 

30 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

3. This draft is very deep in WRs, and Ballard loves going BPA anyways

A successful organization and team like the Patriots drafted a RB and WR with first round picks the last 2 years. Sometimes, the BPA does end up as a skill position, no question about it. I will trust Ballard, regardless of which way he decides to pull the trigger. Our OL showing a few cracks may need more addressing than we think, let us not forget that, the trenches' quality can never be compromised on and if you find a starter that is viable for 5 years, you take it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

Ballard doesn't despise skill position players, he just thinks that we should build from the trenches outwards. So going along that line of thinking, it makes sense for him to address WR because

1. The trenches have been sufficiently built

2. WR is probably our biggest position of need

3. This draft is very deep in WRs, and Ballard loves going BPA anyways

I agree...but I don't necessarily agree that both trenches have been built. Right now, the DL is led by vets that will be 30+ next year. I don't even know if there is anything beyond rotational guys currently on the roster long-term.

I think DL will be the first pick...then WR on Day Two. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Parris Campbell is not the project that Deon Cain is, IMO. Far more talented to call him a project.

What we need to avoid, IMO, is going down the same well and sucked into 1 year rentals like Donnie Avery, Hakeem Nicks, Andre Johnson, Devin Funchess etc. that end up not giving us much in return. Signing a guy like Adam Humphries to a 3 or 4 year deal would have been nice, IMO. Tyrell Williams would also have been nice but we have swung and missed in free agency a lot, which means the market is willing to overpay and Ballard needs to adjust eventually.

TY was a 3rd rounder, if you forgot. Parris Campbell will make that sophomore jump, I have a good feeling about it. 

Free agency with a "moneyball" GM is an exercise in watching a brilliantly intelligent executive repeatedly outsmart himself.

2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I agree...but I don't necessarily agree that both trenches have been built. Right now, the DL is led by vets that will be 30+ next year. I don't even know if there is anything beyond rotational guys currently on the roster long-term.

I think DL will be the first pick...then WR on Day Two. 

Well that's why I said sufficiently. You can always build them more, get more rotation, replace aging players etc., but right now it's pretty well built other than the fact that we're one Autry injury away from having a serious DT problem. We need help there, but it's not like the lines aren't built at all like when he first got here. I think it's well built enough to where if a WR that he really likes falls down, I don't think we're forced to use another pick on the lines.

14 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Honestly I have given up on cain. I am starting to think all he has is speed. Not that the QB position is helping our WRs. I honestly really hope Chad Kelly can get is % together and become what he is talented enough to be. I really like his potential. I'm starting to lose faith that Brissett has the accuracy on the deep ball. You just dont start throwing deeper passes when a guy like Hoyer comes in like that without there being something going on with Brissett. I just constantly get the feeling Frank is holding back on the playbook and no one knows why that is exactly. 

Not saying Hoyer was throwing bombs but he was clearly throwing deeper passes. But why? And I dont have faith that we can find a QB THAT much better than Brissett where we will be picking. 

Anyways. Back to WR. I hope Cambell can amount to something and like you I want another highly drafted WR. 

Hoyer was forcing deeper  passes and making  more mistakes.  Our offense  doesn't  have much deep which is why Brissett  has thrown short instead of throwing  pick 6s and ints. Cain has dropped  passes thrown his way. Pascal is more of a short to intermediate  guy, same with Roger's. Campbell  has been injured, but even when not hasn't  been much of a deep threat