Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Sirriani one of most talked about young HC candidates

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Ahhh...the downside of being successful rears its ugly head again in the rumor mill.

If Sirianni does decide to go to another team we still have the architect of the offensive scheme in Reich, so, while the familiarity of working closely with him is gone there will be less chance of a *big* difference bringing in someone new (or promoting someone else on staff).  Have to look up if any of the other coordiators have had the most experience.  Don't know offhand.

Now if Eberflus decides to go to another team, THAT would be major, in my opinion.

I was literally just thinking about this possibility yesterday. Really won’t be surprised if he gets interviews. I’d be intrigued by him if I was looking for a HC.

I don’t think Sirianni gets enough credit. Mostly because he’s rarely talked about at all, and I get why, he doesn’t call the plays. But then again, neither did Reich in Philly.

22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's a wildcard. Could be boom or bust in a HC position. I think it would serve him better to have another year or two as OC even if he isn't calling plays. On the other hand, if he gets a nice offer, I won't blame him for leaving. 

Seems like these young OCs are all WCs as HC...except for Shanahan. He was a sure thing IMO. And while I love having Reich...Shanahan was the guy I wanted more than anyone else. All is well that ends well...but I still have no idea why the Colts didn't make a strong push for him when they brought in Ballard. A Ballard/Shanahan duo would have been nasty.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Seems like these young OCs are all WCs as HC...except for Shanahan. He was a sure thing IMO. And while I love having Reich...Shanahan was the guy I wanted more than anyone else. All is well that ends well...but I still have no idea why the Colts didn't make a strong push for him when they brought in Ballard. A Ballard/Shanahan duo would have been nasty.

I was also a fan of Shanahan. ATL not doing so well without him. I'm sure Ryan misses him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I was also a fan of Shanahan. ATL not doing so well without him. I'm sure Ryan misses him.

ATL definitely misses him. They are still a top 10 offense because of all of that talent...but they were elite with him as OC. That's the difference coaching can make. And they haven't had a rushing attack since he left. Injuries played a role in that...but he it's no coincidence that SFG has the run game they do.

• Like 1

Interesting tidbit from the article - he was invited to interview with Cleveland for their HC position, but turned it down to focus on the playoff run. 

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

If Sirianni departs, maybe Chudzinski could return?

Marcus Brady would be promoted. He's highly respected in the building. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MTC said:

Interesting tidbit from the article - he was invited to interview with Cleveland for their HC position, but turned it down to focus on the playoff run. 

Marcus Brady would be promoted. He's highly respectable in the building. 

I have seen that about Marcus Brady on twitter that he might be the guy.