Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Raiders game, 3-1?

rockywoj

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I agree with you. That’s why I said Watson has the skills to hang with KC.  I think we could be in the same situation as last year. Both teams will make the playoffs out of the south. The other other team to not win the division and get in might be the bills.

The Bills are tough.   They may beat the Pats this yr at Buffalo 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I agree with you. That’s why I said Watson has the skills to hang with KC.  I think we could be in the same situation as last year. Both teams will make the playoffs out of the south. The other other team to not win the division and get in might be the bills.

BTW I didn’t realize you were a she until recently.    Either way keep

posting.    I may not agree with all your crap but you might make a good point now and then for a girl . Haha

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Another note on the Texans they switched up the oline last week against the chargers. They only allowed two sacks. If that actually works Watson is going to be even better.

Yea these blue colored glasses colts fans think we’ll walk through the division. Ain’t happening.   There is real talent too to bottom in AFC south 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 9:42 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Something to watch Sunday. I have several mentions on twitter that Oakland wants to give Jacobs more carries. I think he had 25 against the Vikings. Colts will need to buckle down on that.

Gruden said he wanted to throw more passes Jacob's way.

47 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Yea these blue colored glasses colts fans think we’ll walk through the division. Ain’t happening.   There is real talent too to bottom in AFC south 

I didn't  mention  the colts walking through  the division,  but I can guarantee  the chiefs will destroy  the texans unless Mahomes  get hurt. I mean look what he did to the jags defense  which is better  that the texans d. The texans secondary  will be destroyed  by Mahomes  and watson won't  be able  to keep up. Bill O brian  is an average coach at best which is another reason  the chiefs  will curb stomp the texans.

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I didn't  mention  the colts walking through  the division,  but I can guarantee  the chiefs will destroy  the texans unless Mahomes  get hurt. I mean look what he did to the jags defense  which is better  that the texans d. The texans secondary  will be destroyed  by Mahomes  and watson won't  be able  to keep up. Bill O brian  is an average coach at best which is another reason  the chiefs  will curb stomp the texans.

Using words like I GUARANTEE can come back to haunt you

Watson is better than he gets credit for..... at least on this blue colored glasses board 

obrien does suck though

3 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

Watson is better than he gets credit for..... at least on this blue colored glasses board 

obrien does suck though

Joe nameth style lol. Watson  is good with time, but not on Mahomes  level. If Mahomes  gets hurt watson could win then.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

obrien does suck though

Speaking of words that will come back to haunt you, aren't you the savant that predicted Nyheim Hines will roll up more total yards this season than Marlon Mack?

So far, Mack has 299 rushing + 26 receiving = 325. Hines has 25 + 35 = 60.

Still think so? :eek:  And yes, Mack is better than you give him credit for. 

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

it's great you feel that way.  Watson is not a good QB that is why it's funny.

You are right.   He is a VERY good QB.

In case you need stats.  A career 104 passer rating.  51 TD's to 18 INT's.  66.3 completion %.  All that with a crappy O-line and a bad coach.    Easily the best in the AFC South.  

image.png.e426db66dcb5bb4690d761c9b373548d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Myles said:

You are right.   He is a VERY good QB.

In case you need stats.  A career 104 passer rating.  51 TD's to 18 INT's.  66.3 completion %.  All that with a crappy O-line and a bad coach.    Easily the best in the AFC South.  

image.png.e426db66dcb5bb4690d761c9b373548d.png

I don't need stats.  But the stats you posted put him in the middle of the road for modern day QBs.  His TD/INT ratio is not good, although he does have very good YPA and YPC numbers.  All I need to see is how he reacts when his first couple reads are not open.  He has some good traits, strong arm, excellent athlete, quick release and the ability to throw outside the pocket.  But when things don't go as expected, he collapses.  Just watch as the year goes on, he will start of like gang busters but then his number will decline as the year goes on.

I'm willing to admit he may be improved over last year, but I don't think so.  I would not have said this prior to the last 3 games, but I'd rather have JB as a QB than Watson.  Although Watson is easily better than mariotta, I will have to wait until the end of the year to see if he is better than mustache man (Minshew).  Watson is right now, but that may not be true at the end of the year.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't need stats.  But the stats you posted put him in the middle of the road for modern day QBs. 

Not quite the middle.   6th in rating, 7th in completion %, 4th in least INT's.   I know these are a bit cherry picked, but on a poorly coached team with no O-line, they are very good.  Certainly far from "not a good QB" as you stated.   I'd say he is a top 10 QB in the league.  He's not a top 5.   

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

Not quite the middle.   6th in rating, 7th in completion %, 4th in least INT's.   I know these are a bit cherry picked, but on a poorly coached team with no O-line, they are very good.  Certainly far from "not a good QB" as you stated.   I'd say he is a top 10 QB in the league.  He's not a top 5.   

That's fine, I disagree.  I think he's a middle of the pack starting QB who makes poor throws and poor decisions if his first two options are not there.

Watson is a good QB but not ready to say he is a top 10 QB. I guess it could be debatable but I have him somewhere around 11-15. He deserves the title of being the best QB in the AFC South for now but Brissett may have that by the end of the year. I think Watson is better than Trubisky fwiw and the Bears took Trubisky instead.

11 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Speaking of words that will come back to haunt you, aren't you the savant that predicted Nyheim Hines will roll up more total yards this season than Marlon Mack?

So far, Mack has 299 rushing + 26 receiving = 325. Hines has 25 + 35 = 60.

Still think so? :eek:  And yes, Mack is better than you give him credit for. 

But I didn’t guarantee it 

8 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That's fine, I disagree.  I think he's a middle of the pack starting QB who makes poor throws and poor decisions if his first two options are not there.

If he were on the Colts you’d be fitting him for a gold jacket 

The kid is good.  Like it or not.   He can change a game in a hurry.  Texans are lucky to have him.  Yes they are poorly coached.  Not his fault.  Yes they lack talent on the Oline.  Again not his fault.  But yet they win 

he’s good 

11 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't need stats.  But the stats you posted put him in the middle of the road for modern day QBs.  His TD/INT ratio is not good, although he does have very good YPA and YPC numbers.  All I need to see is how he reacts when his first couple reads are not open.  He has some good traits, strong arm, excellent athlete, quick release and the ability to throw outside the pocket.  But when things don't go as expected, he collapses.  Just watch as the year goes on, he will start of like gang busters but then his number will decline as the year goes on.

I'm willing to admit he may be improved over last year, but I don't think so.  I would not have said this prior to the last 3 games, but I'd rather have JB as a QB than Watson.  Although Watson is easily better than mariotta, I will have to wait until the end of the year to see if he is better than mustache man (Minshew).  Watson is right now, but that may not be true at the end of the year.

The guys first 2 years star wise are better than Luck and Wilson. Better than any young qb besides Mahomes and maybe Wentz. 
JB has not done anything to put him over Watson yet.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watson is a good QB but not ready to say he is a top 10 QB. I guess it could be debatable but I have him somewhere around 11-15. He deserves the title of being the best QB in the AFC South for now but Brissett may have that by the end of the year. I think Watson is better than Trubisky fwiw and the Bears took Trubisky instead.

Imagine taking Trubisky over Watson and over Mahomes lmao

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

The guys first 2 years star wise are better than Luck and Wilson. Better than any young qb besides Mahomes and maybe Wentz. 
JB has not done anything to put him over Watson yet.

Yea JB ceiling  is yet to be determined.  We will find out some of his potential  in the cheifs game and when he takes on watson later  this year.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:31 AM, rockywoj said:

I don’t believe in the concept of “trap” games.  I thinks that’s a fan misconception. Pretty sure the pros all understand the thin line between winning and losing and thus the need to take every team seriously. 

This sure looks like a trap game performance.