Indianapolis Colts
rockywoj

Post Raiders game, 3-1?

If the Colts win verse the Raiders, which I think most of us figure they will, they’ll be 3-1 through the first quarter of a season. 

I’d say that certainly meets or exceeds most of the optimistic expectations that were predicted, pre Luck retirement. (Especially when argument can be made that they ought to currently be 3-0.)

I am now totally onboard with the Brissett era.  To me, he’s looking like a Baller!  Go Colts!

• Like 9

Even if they finish 2-2, I’d call it a good start all things considering. That said, let’s not get a head of ourselves just yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not looking past any game at this point. The Raiders have some interesting weapons in Jacobs, Williams, and Waller (I think he'll definitely give us some trouble). Also, the Vikings are legit...they have a great run game and a very stout defense. 

But yeah, if we win and end up 3-1, that would very much exceed my preseason expectations.

• Like 1

Oakland is the worst team we’ve faced so far, but this feels a little bit like a trap game to me. Just glad it’s at home.

Too bad we have to take a trip to KC in a couple of weeks, but I guess I should focus on the Raiders first

I trust JB and Reich to get it done

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

If the Colts win verse the Raiders, which I think most of us figure they will, they’ll be 3-1 through the first quarter of a season. 

I’d say that certainly meets or exceeds most of the optimistic expectations that were predicted, pre Luck retirement. (Especially when argument can be made that they ought to currently be 3-0.)

I am now totally onboard with the Brissett era.  To me, he’s looking like a Baller!  Go Colts!

Agreed 

This is a must win because you don’t want to go into the bye having lost two in a row.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a must win because you don’t want to go into the bye having lost two in a row.

Definitely a must win AFC tussle.  As are both games against Houston, but that’s down the road.

2 hours ago, markabrown96 said:

Gotta take it 1 game at a time. Oakland isn't the best, but anything is given on Sunday.

Raiders are going to be a hungry team heading into that game, to be sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Oakland is the worst team we’ve faced so far, but this feels a little bit like a trap game to me. Just glad it’s at home.

Too bad we have to take a trip to KC in a couple of weeks, but I guess I should focus on the Raiders first

I trust JB and Reich to get it done

I don’t believe in the concept of “trap” games.  I thinks that’s a fan misconception. Pretty sure the pros all understand the thin line between winning and losing and thus the need to take every team seriously. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Dear god......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Pagano was here, I'd be marking that Raiders game as an L. Thank god for Reich. Oakland is gonna come out hungry but I have no doubt this Colts team will step it up.

8 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

If Pagano was here, I'd be marking that Raiders game as an L.

but he's not so what's the point?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I don’t believe in the concept of “trap” games.  I thinks that’s a fan misconception. Pretty sure the pros all understand the thin line between winning and losing and thus the need to take every team seriously. 

I hope you’re right

Let's not look past our opponent.  Be disciplined and play against them as if they were Superbowl contenders.  This is a young team, don't want to let any sloppy habits develop

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep.   I don't think the Raiders are as bad as some think they are.  

Carr is completing 74% of his passes so far.  Jacobs is rushing for over 5 yards a carry.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rockywoj said:

And yet we see undisciplined teams fall into the trap on a regular basis.  The Steelers did it several times over the last few years.

Just stay disciplined and Do Your Job.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yep.   I don't think the Raiders are as bad as some think they are.  

Carr is completing 74% of his passes so far.  Jacobs is rushing for over 5 yards a carry.  

Their  defense just doesn’t seem very good. Oakland doesn’t play a home game now until NOV.

Houston got 2 pivotal road games, one of which we have already lost, vs the Chargers. Jaguars road game has always been hard for us. They definitely have a leg up on us.

We need to take care of business at home. After the bye week we could make some hay at home. Don’t want to look ahead but we could be 7-2 or 7-3.

9 hours ago, J@son said:

but he's not so what's the point?

....and what's the point of this post?

The Jaguars played at Houston. So they've only won away game just like us.

2 hours ago, ManningGM said:

....and what's the point of this post?

image.png.e042fc99ea05de5545a4f987089f6c13.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need to take care of business at home. After the bye week we could make some hay at home. Don’t want to look ahead but we could be 7-2 or 7-3.

Our divisional games vs Texans and Jaguars are the ones I am most concerned about. However, I will take 7-3 after that stretch. Boy, how the Steelers have fallen. Unfortunately, Brees will be back for the Saints game.

If we are 7-3 after that stretch, 10-6 is a certainty. Back to the Raiders week!!! :) 

• Like 1

Anyone know much about the raiders dline and oline.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Our divisional games vs Texans and Jaguars are the ones I am most concerned about. However, I will take 7-3 after that stretch. Boy, how the Steelers have fallen. Unfortunately, Brees will be back for the Saints game.

If we are 7-3 after that stretch, 10-6 is a certainty. Back to the Raiders week!!! :) 

The saints looked really good with bridgewater yesterday.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

The saints looked really good with bridgewater yesterday.

Kamara and that defense did. If you focus on Kamara with the new "checkdown Charlie" Bridgewater, he won't stretch the field as much. It takes a little time to gauge a new QB's weakness. He plays smart and doesn't turn the ball over but if he gets into a trailing game, he will not be able to keep up. Or it could be like Brissett, Sean Payton will open things up more for Teddy as the games go on.

• Like 1

Idk, this game could be tough, as they have some good players. 

Khalil Ma...oh wait nevermind. 

Amari Coo....oh wait nevermind. 

Just kidding, I'm actually scared of Burflict punching someone out of the game. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Just stay disciplined and Do Your Job.

I'll be on the bar stool with beer in hand.

I haven't dropped one yet.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Looks like 2019 is toe-to-toe combat with the Houston Texans.

The Texans play KC right before we play them. I think the Texans could hang with them. No way are we winning in KC so if the Texans pull that out it will be there division to take. I like we get a bye right before the Texans game. That is going to be tough without hooker.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Their OL is okay. Decent run blocking. Very beefy. Vikings had their way with them (5 sacks, I think?) but the Vikings are legit. Hopefully we can use speed to our advantage against them.

Their DL is also decent. They have some talent (Hankins, Mayowa, Ferrell). Mayowa has a few sacks and Hankins has played well.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Texans play KC right before we play them. I think the Texans could hang with them. No way are we winning in KC so if the Texans pull that out it will be there division to take. I like we get a bye right before the Texans game. That is going to be tough without hooker.

No, they don't. KC is at Detroit before they play us at home the next week. I have Mahomes as my fantasy QB, so I know his schedule. :) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

there is no way the Texans hang with KC. Are you kidding?

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

we play the chiefs on the 6th, texans get them on the 13th....

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No, they don't. KC is at Detroit before they play us at home the next week. I have Mahomes as my fantasy QB, so I know his schedule. :) 

Nor can Houston hang with KC.  Houston is the same as they always are... they are a paper tiger.  They have about 3 more weeks of looking like a good football team before they start folding.

• Like 1

Every great offense eventually get's stopped by somebody. Unfortunately at this time I don't know a formula good enough to stop the Chiefs.  Just too many people to stop.  New England had a pretty good plan in the playoffs and even then they still gave a up a nice number of points to KC. 

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Texans would get Killed by KC.  They don't score enough points to roll with those boys. 

For that matter I don't see Houston beating Indy either.