How will chargers game turn out?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How will chargers game turn out?

• Colts get blown out
    • Colts lose in close one
    • Colts blow the chargers out
    • Colts win in a close one
    • Game ends in a tie

Colts are really an unknown quantity right now.  Very hard to make any kind of prediction where they are concerned right now.  I think they will come out with a chip on their shoulder...eager to establish their identity in the post Luck era.  However, I think the Chargers greater experience and home field advantage will help them to edge us out in this one.  24-17.  

Colts have a chance to steal this one, given the Chargers' plethora of injuries, plus their distractions with their RB.  That being said, a Colts victory will depend on playing great defense (check), a good pass rush (possible check), and being able to control time of possession through running the ball (something we were unable to do at all in the preseason).  I'm crossing my fingers on this one, but if I were to bet hard money on the game, I would count it a close loss, 20-16.

I really like our chances to win a statement game here.  People really jumped on the LAC bandwagon earlier on, and rightfully so.  However, this is a team that has lost a lot of talent in various ways.   True, their DL is fantastic, but their LB corps is meh, and their DBs are just okay without James.  The O looked fairly great coming into TC, but the Oline ended up preseason as a pretty pitiful group.  And with Gordon holding out, they’ve got a couple of scatbacks running the ball.  Rivers is playing well late in his career, and he’s got really good receivers...but our D has gotten a few gifts.  Oh, also, they’re playing in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium in a town that hasn’t fully embraced NFL football, so I don’t know what kind of home field advantage they’ll have, even on opening day...