Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week Two of OTAs

CR91

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

So Mack is the speed runner and Hines is the speed catcher and Wilkins is the power back but (and this won't be popular) I think Ware may be the best mix of all those things of all the backs. 

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, Luck will be fine. It's just frustrating and means OTA's are somewhat of a waste of time for the starting WR's, TE's, and secondary to a degree. Playing with Brissett does not offer the same benefits as playing with Luck, and the offense will have to do the same thing with Luck all over again later. I can't get into this, I'll just leave. Enjoy OTA's everyone.

It also may prove that Brissett is a back-up quality QB and nothing more.  I thought (when I put on my conspiracy hat for fun) that maybe they held Luck out so they could feature Brissett in hopes of getting trade value, but if anything, this might mean we resign him as backup unless Kelly kicks butt.  

20 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

So Mack is the speed runner and Hines is the speed catcher and Wilkins is the power back but (and this won't be popular) I think Ware may be the best mix of all those things of all the backs. 

Ware might have a decent mix, but he's not the guy you want running a bunch on 1st and 10... Just like Hines isn't the guy you want running up the middle at the goal line (unless he plans to jump over it). Mack was plenty good on 1st and 2nd down last year after he came back from injury. Mack is 4.5 guy while Ware is 4.65 or more. Now if Mack went down, I'd seriously have to think about Ware vs Wilkins, but Wilkins is definitely the closer style to Mack than Ware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Mack is much more of an elusive runner than a speed guy

1 minute ago, twfish said:

Mack is much more of an elusive runner than a speed guy

Some of those runs his rookie year and certainly in college (if you haven't seen his college highlight reel, check it out) he was all speed.  One cut and then gone.  

8 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Ware might have a decent mix, but he's not the guy you want running a bunch on 1st and 10... Just like Hines isn't the guy you want running up the middle at the goal line (unless he plans to jump over it). Mack was plenty good on 1st and 2nd down last year after he came back from injury. Mack is 4.5 guy while Ware is 4.65 or more. Now if Mack went down, I'd seriously have to think about Ware vs Wilkins, but Wilkins is definitely the closer style to Mack than Ware.

I didn't expect anyone to agree, but I would be comfortable with Ware playing on any down and in any scenario.